Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Thread: Lyrics Review off-topic discussions

Tags: meaning of tags, tags:meaning

Katie13 said:

Elbow's a funny word. As is mango. Just thought I'd make this observation.
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

2. RobberBaron said:

I had this list of songs titles I wanted to write and I've just been going through it writing them :L

Eams said:

I feel like this thread has lost its usefulness, ive still been writing but, ive stopped posting cause it seems like were overpopulated now and the sense of community is long gone, its saddening, especially with shadow's recent disaperances.
    I miss you shadow. :/ we used to talk on an hourly basis...
    The stature of a man is not decided by the size of his fists, but by how he uses them.

4. WiccedTechnician said:

I need help with some lyrics . .

5. WesT G BwoY Y.M.C.M.B said:

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO GENERATION BACK IN THE DAY IT WAS EMINEM BIGGIE TU PAC D12 SNOOP DOGG I CAN KEEP GOING ON LOL
    BUT THIS GENERATION ITS Y.M.C.M.B. ... BIRD MAN LIL WAYNE~WEEZY MACK MAINE T PAIN NIKKI MANAJ TYGA DRAKE~DRIZZY KaEZay
    JESS JACKSON BOW WOW BUSTA RHYMES CORY GUNZ JAY SEAN BACICLY EVERYONE THAT HAS A ROLE IN Y.M.C.M.B MAKES IT
    TO THE TOP....AND ITS HOW THE BACKGROUND BEATS MIX WITH THE STEP BEATS AND HOW THE LYRICS ARE SPOKE ALL IN
    THE RIGHT TONE AND HOW THEY FLO THAT MAKES A GOOD SONG

J FROM Y.M.C.M.B...

It all depends on peoples style what ever the muzic from clasical rock regge rnb rap pop country...
    Everyone likes what they like and thats why the muzic industry will never fade....some stars may
    have one single that makes them famous for a while than fade away and some keepin it real
    for a long time .....

wut cha got
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 04-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Katie13 said:

Just thought I'd check... any of the crowd still hovering around?
    "If you were me, then I'd be you, and if I were you, I'd hide somewhere faraway..."

7. WesT G BwoY Y.M.C.M.B said:

yesah

Katie13 said:

Coolage Just wondered... we seem to have... become somewhat diminished.

9. RobberBaron said:

We should form a rebel alliance for no particular reason

Katie13 said:

We so should. We are Rebels Without A Cause

11. WesT G BwoY Y.M.C.M.B said:

im on facebook more i have my battle group there

12. RobberBaron said:

When I was supposed to be doing homework I made a video for Super-K!rk but I got scared and took the link away :P

13. Lexarius said:

yeah musics gone way downhill in my opinion many awesome underground bands not getting heard ect. i write lyrics for a band and a ton of solo work also do a ton of artwork many dif styles and all and all its all unnoticed. basically its game over if your a musician or artist now days. well guess its a matter of opinion but my lifes been hell writing a song "my own personal hell" possible title anyway recently finished one called "hopes and dreams" as well but still nothing its just pretty bad when you manage around 10 sites and your entire focus is on music and art yet no one notices.I'm just sick of it. sorry for ranting i just wish something good would happen in my life for once.

14. RobberBaron said:

I posted this song I didn't really like called "Normal" and got a response…a while ago I posted a song "Save My Life" which I actually really like, and it has many views but no comments :L

Doug Denslowe said:

Solved Problem.Deleted original message.
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-17-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Doug Denslowe said:

Does anybody know what those tags next to the views-replies box mean?Never mind,I figured it out.If you bother filling out the "Tags"section,you'll have a Tag next to your song!
    Last edited by Doug Denslowe; 12-17-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Frankie Jasmine said:

I'm a newbie to this thread, but I have been reading more lyrics in the past few months and posting a few responses to the writers. (Not everything--because I am more inclined to listen to music than to read it, but I'm trying to pay attention to lyricists/poets a bit more.) The beginning of this thread, it seemed some disagreed exactlly what it should be, but I assume that has been all worked out now.

I would think this would be a good place for lyricists to say, "hey! I put up some lyrics and could use some feedback--any takers?" People who are prolific writers work so hard; I can see how they would get discouraged with no feedback.

Besides, just dropping in because I've had interactions with Sk'n'Deep, Doug Denislowe, dark1979, and a few others. I'm not a lyricist, but a poet (if I even deserve that title) and wanted to get to know some of you guys. Will drop in now and then to say hi. I'm usually good for a few encouraging words now and then, and even a critique (if that is someone's desire; that they want to hear the positive-and-negative). Can't get in too deep, cuz my online time is limited, but I am sad when I see others sad that no one seems to care what they've written. . . . Remember, people may read them and choose not to comment--there are so many new songs in the lyrics section all the time!
    _ _ _ _ _

P.S. Oh, and I see ShadowLeeSharp has been a contributor here too--we are old friends, right Shadow? Are you still here???
    Last edited by Frankie Jasmine; 06-29-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Add P.S.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Sorry for double posting, but this is a different topic. Just read Jim Colyer's "Someday Michael." In his song, he mentions Nashville. He has mentioned Nashville, TN, in his prose before.

My question is this: Is there a place on ATL where songwriters can post where/when they will be playing music locally?

Nashville, of course, is a BIG MUSIC CITY! and not that far from where we live. If someone whose lyrics I like (such as Jim Colyer and a few others) were playing in Nashville, we might be able to come listen! This could be true for people in other areas of the country (or countries)--that ATL members might be able to visit someone playing live somewhere near where they live!

Amethystos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    My question is this: Is there a place on ATL where songwriters can post where/when they will be playing music locally?
    Of course Frankie. "Music Events & Concerts" subforum exists under the "Music" thread of the forum.
    Any member, is able to create a new thread regarding the concert he/she is interested to provide informations about.
    Here's the link -> http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/mu...-and-concerts/
    "Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to?
    You will never find that life for which you are looking.
    When the gods created man they allotted to him death,
    but life they retained in their own keeping"

Frankie Jasmine said:

Thank you, Amethystos! I thought that thread was for already established professionals, like "Red Hot Chili Peppers"!! Now I will keep an eye out for ATLers who might be performing!