Too Big For A Small Town

Thread: Too Big For A Small Town

Tags: None
  1. ddreuter said:

Default Too Big For A Small Town

Hey friends, Curt and I were able to catch-up with Mitch Rossell and we just finished Co-Writing this one with him. We already have the music written for this and Mitch is singing it around Nashville so we hope to have a work tape posted soon for everyone to check-out. Please feel free to let us know if you have any ideas or suggestions. We're always very grateful for you suggestions and critiques on how to improve our lyrics and songs.

Sincere Thanks,

David, Curt and Mitch

Too Big For A Small Town

Verse:

She grew up in Carolina
    In this little town where strangers don’t exist
    And I fell in love the first time that I met her
    It was all she wrote after that first kiss

Pre Chorus:

She always said she’d ditch this town and find a place to settle down
    Where the lights were bright and no one knew her name
    And the wild kept growin’ in her eyes but I never thought she’d really say good bye
    ’Till she got on that plane

Chorus:

She traded these fields for traffic lights I guess she got tired of this simple way of life
    Tonight she’s New York City bound and I’m bettin’ right now
    The view of Times Square and the city streets will completely erase me from her memory
    She ain’t turnin’ ‘round ‘cause sometimes dreams are just too big for a small town

Verse:

The tallest thing ‘round here’s the water tower
    And the biggest things the Wilson County fair
    And the Stars out here are just bright as Broadway’s
    But for what she’s chasin’ I guess they don’t compare

Pre-Chorus:

And I know that she has all she needs to make to the front of those magazine
    And everybody’s gonna know her name
    I guess I just can’t blame that girl for tryin’ to find her place this old world
    But it hurts just the same (to know)

Chorus:
    That she traded these fields for traffic lights I guess she got tired of this simple way of life
    Tonight she’s New York City bound and I’m bettin’ right now
    The view of Times Square and the city streets will completely erase me from her memory
    She ain’t turnin’ ‘round ‘cause sometimes dreams are just too big for a small town

Bridge:

She made like I knew she would she even spent some time in Hollywood
    But what she found ain't what she thought she’d find
    One day she called me on the phone she said I’m tired of all of this I’m comin’ home
    And when I asked her why

Chorus:
    She said I traded my home for traffic lights but I’m tired of missin’ the finer things in life
    And so I’m Carolina bound ‘cause I’m dreamin’ right now
    Of fresh cut fields and morning dew but most of all I’m dreamin’ of a life with you
    I said, I like the way that sounds 'cause dreams can be just as big in small town

© 2010 Collins, Rossell, Reuter BMI
    Last edited by ddreuter; 05-02-2010 at 09:35 AM.