One more time/you are not here - Akoma mia fora/den eisai edo, by 15:50

Thread: One more time/you are not here - Akoma mia fora/den eisai edo, by 15:50

Tags: None

BleakHeart said:

Default One more time/you are not here - Akoma mia fora/den eisai edo, by 15:50

A nice hip-hop balad song by the greek rock band "15:50". It's very nice actually, very sentimental, I thought it might be nice to share as well. Here:

15:50 AKOMA MIA FORA (DEN EISAI EDO)

Lyrics: 15:50
    Music: 15:50
    Original performance: 15:50
    Genre: Hip-hop balad
    Album: Osa mporeis

Official video clip, courtesy of MAD TV:

Ακόμα μια φορά (Δεν είσαι εδώ) - One more time (you ain't here)

Σαν το παιδάκι εκείνο από πολύ παλιά - Like the kid, that one, of the old times
    που η πρώτη του η αγάπη του 'σπασε την καρδιά - whose first love broke his heart
    αυτά έγιναν όμως τόσο πολύ παλιά - These though were so long ago
    το ίδιο δυνατά πονάει όμως ξανά. - yet the pain is again just as strong
    Πονάω μέσα μου πραγματικά σκληρά - I'm in pain within, very hard indeed
    αυτή η αγάπη χάραξε βαθιά - This very love has carved deeply
    και ξέρω για το χρόνο πως είναι ο γιατρός - I know about time, it is the doctor
    καλός ή κακός, βασανιστικά αργός. - either good or bad, but still tormently slow

Δεν είσαι εδώ, δεν υπάρχεις πια μες στη ζωή μου – You ain’t here, you ‘re no longer within my life
    Δεν είσαι εδώ, τώρα η νύχτα μετράει την αντοχή μου – You ain’t here, it’s the night now that counts my endurance

Δεν ξέρω αν θυμάσαι τώρα πια καλά – I don’t know if you now recall well
    σ' είχα ρωτήσει όμως από πολύ παλιά – but I had asked you , a long ago
    στα βάθη των ονείρων μου εσύ τι ζητάς – in the depths of my dreams what is it that you seek
    κι αν την αδυναμία μου στα χέρια σου την κρατάς. – and if my weakness in your palms you hold
    Φαίνεται τα πάντα τελικά εσύ κρατάς – seems that all you keep after all
    την ομορφιά του κόσμου όλη εσύ τη φοράς – the beauty of the world, you wear it all
    τη νύχτα σωπαίνεις, με μάγια όλα τα δένεις - all at night you're silent, you tie it all up with spells
    την Άνοιξη μετάξι, όλα γύρω τα υφαίνεις, - at spring you weave all with silk
    κι όμως, - and yet...

...δεν είσαι εδώ, δεν υπάρχεις πια μες στη ζωή μου – You ain’t here, no longer are you in my life
    Δεν είσαι εδώ, τώρα η νύχτα μετράει την αντοχή μου – You ain’t here, it’s the night now that counts my endurance

http://www.1550.gr/

Best regards,
    Alexander
    Last edited by BleakHeart; 05-04-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

geomac said:

Very nice lyrics

I was just wondering yesterday where I heard this refrain from before ('cause it sounded familiar to me)

They have ,,stolen" refrain's music and lyrics from here (you must know this)

Dimitra galani-den eisai edw

BleakHeart said:

Yes, you are right, I should had mentioned it, but I guess I thought it was too obvious Anyway, I wouldn't say "stolen", but rather "borrowed" It's just a semi-covered version, kinda.

I found those lyrics translated by Amethystos:
    http://www.stixoi.info/stixoi.php?in...ails&t_id=8227
    Last edited by BleakHeart; 05-03-2010 at 03:27 PM.

Nikos Kazantzakis

geomac said:

now, a provocation to you:

wich one do you like more, the original or cover ? ()

BleakHeart said:

The original is always original, will always have a beauty and quality of its own. But in this case, it's not exactly a cover, but rather a synthesis. I think the band has done a very good job with the lyrics and the singer has is performing quite emotionally.

I like them both. I can't say which one is better, because I feel they are different, the one is a ballad, while the other is hip-hop, but the band managed to merge the best of both worlds.

PS the cover issue has been discussed many times in the past, here for example:
    Last edited by BleakHeart; 05-04-2010 at 09:58 AM.

Nikos Kazantzakis

geomac said:

the discussion in that thread was reason why I asked you for your opinion about original vs cover ( I don't forget easily)

geomac said:

I hope you don't mind this

Anyway, I think you pointed right the differences between originals and covers, in general.

As to the lyrics, yes, I've noticed that 15:50 has great lyrics and the refrain is chanted quite emotionally.

Btw, why the band is named "15.50"?

BleakHeart said:

No, of course I don't mind

I really don't know about the name, and I was unable to find an answer; my guess is that it was the exact time of the day that the band was created.

Nikos Kazantzakis