E miez 'o mar tutt 'e sere ij sentev a vocia toja ca nun parlav maje 'e me
    Ormai sta storia m l'avevo gia' 'mparat
    Ma continuavo a t sentì pe stà cu tte
    E murev murev... murev murev pecche' t vulevo
    E cu ll'uokkie into 'o mar cercavo 'e parole ca maje te dicev
    E murev murev... murev pe tte ca pe anat muriv... ma a vita e' accussi'
    T rimane nu buc int 'o core ca maje puo' capì

Ligeia said:

E miez 'o mar tutt 'e sere ij sentev a vocia toja ca nun parlav maje 'e me / and from the sea, every night, I used to hear your voice that was never speaking about me
    E guardavo nel vuoto quel fumo che tu respiravi / and i gaze into the void that smoke that you used to breathe
    T scenneva na lacrima 'nfaccia e 'o vient 'a assciuttav' / a tear ran down your face and the wind dried it.
    Cu chell'aria e chi vive sultant pecche' s respir / with that attitude of someone who is alive only because he/she's breathing
    M parlav delusa e n'ammor ca tant creriv / you used to talk to me of how you were disillusioned with a love in which you used to believe so much
    E miez o mar tutt 'e ser ij sentev a vocia toja ca nun parlav maje 'e me/and from the sea, every night, I used to hear your voice that was never speaking about me
    Ormai sta storia m l'avevo gia' 'mparat / I had already learned well that story
    Ma continuavo a t sentì pe stà cu tte/ but I kept listening to you just to stay with you
    E murev murev... murev murev pecche' t vulevo / and i was dying, dying, dying because i wanted you
    E cu ll'uokkie into 'o mar cercavo 'e parole ca maje te dicev / and staring at the sea i was looking for the words that I've never told you
    E murev murev... murev pe tte ca pe anat muriv... ma a vita e' accussi'/ and i was dying, i was dying for you, you were dying for another....but so it's life
    T rimane nu buc int 'o core ca maje puo' capì / it leaves you a hole in the heart that you'll never understand

E cercavo di farmi coraggio ma dentro morivo / and i tried to be brave but inside i was dying
    E odiavo quell'uomo che tu continuavi a parlare/ and i hated that man about whom you kept talking
    Mi bruciava nel cuore la rabbia... che male sentivo / anger was burning in my heart...it was so painful
    Ma se poi mi sfioravi soltanto il mio cuore guariva/ but then my heart healed if you just lightly touched me
    E miez 'o mar tutt 'e sere ij sentev a vocia toja ca nun parlav maje 'e me/and from the sea, every night, I used to hear your voice that was never speaking about me
    Ormai sta storia m l'avevo gia' 'mparat / I had already learned well that story
    Ma continuavo a t sentì pe stà cu tte/ but I kept listening to you just to stay with you
    E murev murev... murev murev pecche' t vulevo / and i was dying, dying, dying because i wanted you
    E cu ll'uokkie into 'o mar cercavo 'e parole ca maje te dicev / and staring at the sea i was looking for the words that I've never told you
    E murev murev... murev pe tte ca pe anat muriv... ma a vita e' accussi'/ and i was dying, i was dying for you, you were dying for another....but so it's life
    T rimane nu buc int 'o core ca maje puo' capì / it leaves you a hole in the heart that you'll never understand
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Carol Myers said:

ohhh, what a sad song! Thanks for the translation.