Help Identifying French Dance/Pop Song?

Thread: Help Identifying French Dance/Pop Song?

Tags: None
  1. TommyV said:

Default Help Identifying French Dance/Pop Song?

I heard this song on vacation in Dominican Republic recently. It was on a mix cd with all english songs that came out about a year ago. They played it in the gym all day in the Ambar section of the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana.

The entire song is sung in French by a young female and it's a dance/house/pop 'style' upbeat track.

The chorus goes something like this:

1st line: all in french starting high winding down in lower notes (like each few words going down an octave 3 times after the starting few words) and the final word sounded like moi, or toi, or similar?
    2nd line: all in french starting high and ending lower again with final word rhyming with moi, or toi.
    3rd line: one french word maybe "c'est"? Then "ah ah ah...ha ha ha"
    4th line: a few french words then possibly "moi, ha, ha" or "ha ha ha" again? or something that rhymed with ha ha ha.

Sorry this is all the info I can give after coming up with nothing from 8 hours of searching the internet :S

If it helps, the other songs that were on this mix cd were:

Madonna - Celebration
    Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
    Eddie Wata - I Love My People
    La Roux - Bulletproof
    David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy B*tch

Thanks for the help in advance everyone

2. jp12345 said:

Default Not a female but...

Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXknE8LOEI

3. TommyV said:

Quote Originally Posted by jp12345 View Post
    Plastic Bertrand - Ca Plane Pour Moi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsXknE8LOEI
    Thanks but not it.

Pretty sure the song came out within the last 2 years and it would be something you would hear in a club. Also the female singer sounds like she's in her 20's.

I think this song would have got some airtime in North America or the UK since it was in and all-english mix cd.

The catchy part of the song is the chorus where she says "ah ah ah"

The ah or ha is not drawn out or long it's a very short, haulting "ah" as if you weren't pronoucing the 'h'.

Hope this helps.

4. blackcat13733 said:

Is this the song you heard? This is "Dégéneration" by the French pop singer Mylène Farmer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhwHAHAex8

5. BlueNileFan said:

i believe it is Kate Ryan's self-indulgent, misguided reinterpretation of France Gall's tribute song (sorry that is how i feel). Found it as part of a ' torrent ' along with the other titles. The song is still as great as ever (guess that's why she used it)

Kate Ryan - Ella, Elle L'a

6. brittanyemi said:

Default French song

Quote Originally Posted by TommyV View Post
    I heard this song on vacation in Dominican Republic recently. It was on a mix cd with all english songs that came out about a year ago. They played it in the gym all day in the Ambar section of the Gran Bahia Principe in Punta Cana.

The entire song is sung in French by a young female and it's a dance/house/pop 'style' upbeat track.

The chorus goes something like this:

1st line: all in french starting high winding down in lower notes (like each few words going down an octave 3 times after the starting few words) and the final word sounded like moi, or toi, or similar?
    2nd line: all in french starting high and ending lower again with final word rhyming with moi, or toi.
    3rd line: one french word maybe "c'est"? Then "ah ah ah...ha ha ha"
    4th line: a few french words then possibly "moi, ha, ha" or "ha ha ha" again? or something that rhymed with ha ha ha.

Sorry this is all the info I can give after coming up with nothing from 8 hours of searching the internet :S

If it helps, the other songs that were on this mix cd were:

Madonna - Celebration
    Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
    Eddie Wata - I Love My People
    La Roux - Bulletproof
    David Guetta feat. Akon - Sexy B*tch

Thanks for the help in advance everyone
    Could it be Ce Jeu by Yelle?

7. Kuroyoru1020 said:

Thumbs up Song Sollution!

I think the song you're looking for is Elle Mit Dit by Mika.
    You should also check out Avant Qu'elle Parte by Sexion D'Assaut & Je Veux by Zaz (just cuz they're really
    cool songs)

8. Guillaume Légaré said:

It really sounds like it could be Marie-Moi c'est moi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciuzE9XehhM