haifa speaking english.. BEAUTIFUL

Thread: haifa speaking english.. BEAUTIFUL

Tags: None

red_rose said:

Default haifa speaking english.. BEAUTIFUL

o MY goddd. haifa speaks such beautiful english!!!

lov her accent when she speaks

http://www.youtube.com/user/algerina.../2/dkjKzj7uZbE

VivaPalestina said:

Haha you're so suprised Ah I watched some of it on T.V, you'll find arabic countries all teach arabic + english + french in others (like lebanon and algeria) so dont be suprised

red_rose said:

well at least u didnt say anything negative about her yaaayyyy

in the asian subcontintent, english is taught - however the poeple have a heavy accent. Moreever... they dont always speak it fluently. I've noticed during my stay in egypt ... the arabs speak such nice english. pleasant surprise...

VivaPalestina said:

Well Im not going to insult a good quality Im glad we meet your satisfaction in something ya ahla warde Yes Arabs can speak english, even though Im not such a fan of their accents, I can definatley say its not as thick as the indian one

That doesnt make her less of a **** though When she gets up to sing + dance with David....lets just say Im suprised her husband hasnt got anything to say about it

Speaking of which, you know she married an Egyptian right?

red_rose said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Well Im not going to insult a good quality Im glad we meet your satisfaction in something ya ahla warde Yes Arabs can speak english, even though Im not such a fan of their accents, I can definatley say its not as thick as the indian one

That doesnt make her less of a **** though When she gets up to sing + dance with David....lets just say Im suprised her husband hasnt got anything to say about it

Speaking of which, you know she married an Egyptian right?
    yeah i knw she married a egyptian... shes half egyptian right? fatehr lebanese with an egyptian mother (thats her background right?)

about her hubby... he knew what he was marrying before he decided to marry her... altho strange cuz usually egyptian guys are quite jealous and protective over their womenfolk.

Daydream said:

Yes rose her mom is Egyptian and Father Lebanese

Viva don't be so harsh on her no need for censored language lol

I find it funny when I meet Arabs who hate on Haifa, but will enjoy and admire Westerners who have done worse..
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

VivaPalestina said:

is that me? Haha Daydream I didnt think slu* was censored And I suppose what makes it so outrageous is that as arabs, a relatively conservative nation, they love the likes of Haifa, Ruby, Vivienne etc

Bas 3ashan you dont think Im a hypocrite, I dont listen to english music because I find it too dirty Thats why I prefer arabic

And I try not to be judgemental, im not saying im a better person than her, I just think what she is doing belittles woman, she displayes sexuality as her most favourable characteristic, and it just makes you wonder how far we actually have progressed if woman still need to depend on their beauty to allow them to be successful.

Dont hate me!

red_rose said:

Dont hate me!
    mish ma2oul...not possible 2 hate u sweety.

Unfortunately... it is the case that the less a woman wears... the more she'l sell.

VivaPalestina said:

3omriiiiiiii <3 <3 <3 you just made my day, scrap that, my year ya 7ayati <3 <3

But tis so degrading

Daydream said:

No I didn't mean you, but you ever notice the guys who call Haifa dirty names yet they admire Angelina Jolie who has had her breasts show in movies she has done.. And who wears clothing which displays about the same amount of skin.. That's where it doesn't make sense

As far as belittling women.. I don't think any one woman is accountable for any person's thoughts.. If they take an opinion cuz of a couple of people then I doubt Haifa was the straw that broke the camel's back (hehe camels and Arabs in the same sentence )

3a kel 7al wlek don't think I would hate you! bel 3aks I just like discussion and debating topics like these.. I guess it turns most people off hehe

VivaPalestina said:

Tislami habibti, I love debating My mum tells me I should stop 'falsafe'

But doesnt it upset you when you see a woman flaunting her body? When she makes her voice provocative on purpose? Doesnt it come across to you as a bit cheap?

bollyking said:

But doesnt it upset you when you see a woman flaunting her body? When she makes her voice provocative on purpose? Doesnt it come across to you as a bit cheap?
    I'm actually more upset that the coverage Haifa gets isnt proportional to her talent, unless talent for exposing is the measuring stick! If people like her music, well i have no problem, but i think there are literally dozens of way better singers! (Elissa, Nawal, Nancy, Majida, Samira...)

Its perfectly possible to be sexy while not being vulgar! I think all of the above do it perfectly well.

VivaPalestina said:

People have different tastes, some people may actually enjoy her voice (as hard as I may find that to believe ) and its up to them what they listen to.

But like you said, its her actions + body thats getting her such a big coverage

Daydream said:

I like her voice whereas I don't like Elissa.. I think the case is that I just take Haifa as fun dance music. There are times when I enjoy songs like Marwa - Motreb Hambouly or even Mashrabsh el Shai lol because it's just more fun to listen to and have when you're at a party than say "Agmal E7sas"

I guess that's the case with Lady Gaga too.. Her voice isn't overly spectacular.. she can never compete with the Mariah Carey's and the Beyonce's and so on vocally, BUT Lady Gaga does have catchy music.. and then the other half of it is the performance arts.. Did you see Gaga's last video? trashy but I have to admit I watched it til the end LOL and I do like Gaga although in all honesty she's just a mediocre singer. Same goes for Haifa, I would not group her with Nawal El Zoghbi or Najwa Karam when it comes to vocal talent. She's mediocre, but she's fun as well. I mean if all I want is a serious singer with meaningful songs ALL the time then I guess we should stick to Fairouz, Um Kalthoum, Abdel Halim and all their 15 minute - 1 hour long songs.. laken sometimes it's just nice to hear an artist with a decent singing voice, some silly/fun lyrics and a hot beat

pheobe said:

hey i like haifa .. her voice is not all good and strong but she works hard to improve it..u can say it by listening her new singles and old ones..i respect hard work more than talent ..i know and as we will all see she ll make her name as brand like hollywood stars ..and daydream is right about the hypocrisy of ppl who call haifa bad names and adore hollywood stars.. maybe we expect muslim ppl to be more conservative but it is not our right to judge ppl.. yet we do like she is the only one in arab countries act that way i watched an interview that mriam fares keep talking about her..bad way i dunno what is the difference between her and haifa even her videos are more trashy the way she dances..well i guess when u become american kinda trashy u can count urself as u r classy like she did.and when u r more eastern more in ur culture u become real trash

VivaPalestina said:

Lol pheobe you're so cute

I get what you mean daydream But my 'fun/dance' music is generally Nancy

Hehe I need moral support here guys, warde, daydream, taliana and pheobe kolkom against me?

pheobe said:

la la la habibty cant be aganist you ! just everyone says this thngs about her and even i feel bored and angry yalla khalas she was saying this in one interview when they showed her a pic.of her as joke ..like she had lots of surgeries but i dunno why they act like nancy ajram and elissa and others didnt have surgeries they also do as most of lebanese woman as i saw on the news..(can u believe banks are giving credits for plastic surgeries!) at least she was beauty queen of some year

red_rose said:

haha my thread on haifa speaking english started of a real debate...

Daydream u bought up a intresting point with the comparison of haifa and angelina... but i think guys have different standards for a girl according to where shes from... i mean i've often said to ppl how can it be that such a big deal is made over haifa when beyonce wears near to nothing in her videos?!

myriam fares... her Eih Elly Byehsal video... was just , well its a classic example of what a women will do to sell herself. so im shocked phobe about what u said about myriam fares talkin of haifa...cause its not like myriam fares hasnt used her body to sell

and ur right other singers have had plastic surgery too... but why the constant focus on haifa.. i honestly think its just jealousy...but i do think other singers think... "well we had to work hard for our status whereas haifa just got it based on her looks"... whichever way u either love haifa or u hate her and i just happen to love her. she is beautiful... and even without plastic surgery she was beautiful

pheobe said:

well u r probably right about jealousy part. but as i said i always respect hard work over talent.she works out for hours to keep that body in shape and hours to improve her voice ..not like waiting songs to come and make an album..

Daydream said:

I agree with the both of you here, and especially:

Quote Originally Posted by red_rose View Post
    and ur right other singers have had plastic surgery too... but why the constant focus on haifa.. i honestly think its just jealousy...but i do think other singers think... "well we had to work hard for our status whereas haifa just got it based on her looks"... whichever way u either love haifa or u hate her and i just happen to love her. she is beautiful... and even without plastic surgery she was beautiful
    I love her also and there's definitely jealousy there when it comes to her. Haifa was in the top 100 Sexiest Women Alive on AskMen, she's the first ever Arab woman to make the list. So her looks are undeniable. And phoebe I know what you mean, the thing I don't like is when people have to make it a point to overly state that they dislike her.. like whenever her name is brought up anyone who dislikes her has to instantly say they hate her cuz God forbid they're mistaken as a fan lol

On a side note: Although musically I don't like Elissa, a few years ago I had seen her pics before she had plastic surgeries and she was verrrry pretty.. She actually looks worse with surgery :\ I think she's one of the artists who could have done without it because surgery didn't do her justice.. Also that Myriam Fares interview had surprised me as well maybe cuz they're not so harshly judged they don't realize they're doing the same thing