Hindi - Amrinder Gill (Hanju)

Thread: Hindi - Amrinder Gill (Hanju)

Tags: amrinder gill, hanju, hindi, love, sad

asali said:

Question Hindi - Amrinder Gill (Hanju)

Hello everyone, I would be very thankful if someone would translate this beautiful song. Shukriya

Amrinder Gill - Hanju

Palka ch wagde jo hanju aape suke ne...
    pallah wich ja peya dukh saare muke ne...
    khore kihe rooh ne saadi zoohe per paaya hona...
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona..
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona..........

Khat jo purane aj labbe ne kitaaba cho..
    khusbu hi aaye jihre suke hue gulabo cho..
    kothe char unhe walah nu sukaya hona...

Titliyah kyu baitheya ne fullah wajo rahan wich
    taba kadoh aayi jaanda kafir nigah wich
    reata saade gali da v per unhe laya hona

Yaddah ohde naal ayiah banke saheliyah
    asi lange saal gin buj de paheliah
    ohda hath fadi jaanda naal ohda jaaya hona

Suveer said:

Amrinder Gill - Hanju - tears

Palka ch wagde jo hanju aape suke ne... - the tears in my eyes dried by themselves
    pallah wich ja peya dukh saare muke ne... - the trouble (behind)/that had begotten me is all over now
    khore kihe rooh ne saadi zoohe per paaya hona... - After losing my soul/spirit, I put the shoe on my foot; (I left)
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona.. - Maybe that face itself (the man she loves) had himself come to (my) city while I was away
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona.......... - "

Khat jo purane aj labbe ne kitaaba cho.. - I found the old (love)letters (that I'd saved) in my books
    khusbu hi aaye jihre suke hue gulabo cho.. - It was like the scent that comes from the dried up rose (in the book)
    kothe char unhe walah nu sukaya hona... - Getting up on the terrace, he might have dried his hair (cause of the fragrance)
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona.. - Maybe that face itself had himself come to the city while I was away

Titliyah kyu baitheya ne fullah wajo rahan wich - Why are the butterflies sitting beside the flowers (and not in them)
    taba kadoh aayi jaanda kafir nigah wich - Why is the tiredness coming in these impatient eyes (of mine)
    reata saade gali da v per unhe laya hona - He might have also touched the sand in (my city's) alleys with his foot
    Shayad ohio chehra picho shehr saade aaya hona.. - Maybe that face itself had himself come to the city while I was away

Yaddah ohde naal ayiah banke saheliyah - The memories came with him like friends (pleasantly)
    asi lange saal gin buj de paheliah - And we/I passed the years pondering over the puzzles
    ohda hath fadi jaanda naal ohda jaaya hona - I might have held his hand and might have gone along with him

I'm so sorry for being late!!!!!

But hey, seriously... This song is heart touching. I mean, the translation was very simple. The words used are very common. Also the lines are pronounced in a very informal way, but it touched me somehow... I'm not into sad songs but I thought that this song was really... different(!) Nice song, anyway! I'll give you this link as well; it's very similar to the song that I've just translated. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCku8Z0lSMk

I hope you like my work. Enjoy!!!
    I'm back!!! XD

asali said:

Hi Suveer, thanks thousand times, i was waiting of the translation so much. Sure I like ur work, its great. I will put ur translation in the video I made. I hope u dont mind. Here is the video of the song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8Yc7Sr8hk

But what do u mean...is that not the same song with lyrics that i puted here?

asali said:

Sorry i have a question again. I dont understand the meaning of his/ him in the sentence: I might have held his hand and might have gone along with him
    Sorry for my questions...

Suveer said:

Hehe... It's absolutely fine.
    It means that the woman is in puzzles about the course of her life, since she'd broken up with the guy and the guy's been visiting her life (meeting her), living his life in a different way than hers. So she's considering the possibilities. If she hadn't broken up with him and married/fallen in love with some other guy, how would her life have been?
    Given him my hand- means married him
    & gone along with him- now that she's old, have lived with him, rather than with someone else.

I hope I'm clear enough It's very punjabi... And that too very rural.. All this thinking. So it's hard to grasp in the first place. hehe
    I'm back!!! XD

asali said:

Yes Suveer, its more clear now. Thank you again for help. Shukriya

Suveer said:

You're welcome! (again!)
    I'm back!!! XD