Reni - Kato ptica (BG > EN)

Thread: Reni - Kato ptica (BG > EN)

Tags: None
  1. Sofijski Mozart said:

Question Reni - Kato ptica (BG > EN)

I hardly can decide, if Reni sings this song best in Bulgarian or in "Serbo-Croatian" (http://www.allthelyrics.com/forum/se...-ptica-en.html).
    Somebody there, who wants to translate the Bulgarian lyrics into English?

Рени - Като птица (съм свободна):

Не знаех, че любовта голяма
    може да бъде и измама.
    Вярвах аз, че вечно ще живее.
    Най-хубавите ми години
    отне и после си замина.
    Ала нощем още те търся.

Припев:
    Като птица съм свободна,
    но наволя не отлитам.
    От години свикнала съм
    да обичам само тебе.

Самотно лута се сърцето -
    иска да полети в небето.
    Но да е свободно не умее.
    Малко ли сълзи съм проляла.
    Малко ли обич съм ти дала.
    Как без теб да живея не зная.

lulu04 said:

Не знаех, че любовта голяма
    I didn't know that (the) big love
    може да бъде и измама.
    could be an illusion as well.

Вярвах аз, че вечно ще живее.
    I believed that it (love) will always live.
    Най-хубавите ми години
    The best years (of my life)
    отне и после си замина.
    (you) took up and then left (me).
    Ала нощем още те търся.
    But I still look for you at night.

Припев:
    Ref:

Като птица съм свободна,
    Like a bird I'm free,
    но наволя не отлитам.
    but I don't willingy fly off (don't have the will do go)
    От години свикнала съм
    For years I've become used
    да обичам само тебе.
    to loving only you

Самотно лута се сърцето -
    Lonely (the) heart is wandering-
    иска да полети в небето.
    it (the heart) wants to fly off to the sky.
    Но да е свободно не умее.
    But it (the heart) is unable to be free.

Малко ли сълзи съм проляла.
    Have I cried our little tears (Were my tears not enough)
    Малко ли обич съм ти дала.
    Have I given you little love (Was my love no enough)
    Как без теб да живея не зная.
    How to live without you I don't know.
    Time is tickin' away.
    You gotta live your life day by day.
    Happy or sad, good or bad.
    Life is too short you gotta keep your head.

3. Sofijski Mozart said:

Oh sorry, I didn't notice your translation immediately. But hey - London or Plovdiv. It is late, isn't it? I thought I would be the only one on ATL yet.

Anyway thank you so much and have a good night!

lulu04 said:

Ur welcome..
    I didn't know u were on as well I was looking for something to do and thought this could be it.. And it's London and Plovdiv lol.. im from Plovdiv but live in London. What about u?
    Time is tickin' away.

5. Sofijski Mozart said:

There's nothing exciting with me. I'm German, was born in Germany and still am living here. But maybe one half of my heart got lost in the balkans. That's all.

Thank you for feeding my soul with memories of the lost part of it.

lulu04 said:

Oooo right.. I got a bit confused coz of ur name and the Хубава си моя горо! bit... Thought ur from the balkans but live in Germany
    Time is tickin' away.

7. Sofijski Mozart said:

няма защо

lulu04 said:

So u know Bulgarian??

Btw, u got another song by Reni translated
    Time is tickin' away.

9. Sofijski Mozart said:

Oh, unfortunately my Bulgarian is quite bad. Говоря само няколко думи и разбирам много лошо. I try to translate easy lyrics by myself. But there is little time for me at the moment to do so. Nevertheless - if I have time - I will work with the translations, you and all the other kind translators do here, in order to advance my Bulgarian (oh god, and my English, too - I hope ).

lulu04 said:

I think the easiest way to learn a language is by translating songs...if you like the song you wanna know what they sing and that way you learn words.. But it only works if you like the music
    Well, not knowing Bulgarian shouldn't be a problem since you'd only need it if you go to Bulgaria..
    Time is tickin' away.

11. Sofijski Mozart said:

hmm...

and not to get love from somebody shouldn't be a problem since you'd only need it if you go to him... Right?

I want to learn. That's why I have to do.

And yes - I totally agree with you: the easiest way for me to lern Bulgarian is to translate songs I love. Of course some literature andf practice is necessary as well.

But motivation comes from music - and memories - and desires, нали?

lulu04 said:

Hmmm...maybe u should learn the grammar first if u really want to learn it..
    Knowing another language, especially one that is known in most parts of the world is good but just as u wana learn Bulgarian I wanna learn other languags that will be of no use to me but I just like them... And yes it's the desire which motivates me, it's like an urge to know even though there's no need of it...
    Learn the main rules of the language and if you like the music then that will help u learn words and stuff... But most of our songs are about love, relationships, break ups...they all the same :|
    Time is tickin' away.

13. Sofijski Mozart said:

I've got good literature, learning-CDs, and exercises by now (EN <> BG <> DE). But there is only little time for me to use them. The music is a possibility to learn along the way, without the need of highest concentration on it.

You are right. The lyrics of Chalga often are boring and I'm tired to see all the silicon and underwear. But I like the music very much and anyway the lyrics have to be easy to understand, if I want to learn without full concentration. So for me it is the right way at the moment, I guess.

By the way: Bulgarian is a wonderful language. In contrast to Turkish for example in Bulgarian there is a quite similar thinking as in German is. So many phrases are simple to learn. The articulation of the script is very logical. And last but not least... Bulgaria is the most beautiful country I ever saw. There is no other language with a similar charme for me.

lulu04 said:

Wow, u really wanna learn the language! If you got all that...
    I agree about the silicon and the underwear, it's so wrong, they just make it worse that way but i ignore them and all that thinking...i could go into a very long and serious conversation about it but now it's not the time.
    I don't know how wonderful Bulgarian is, it's my language and i can't appreciate how nice it sounds.. lol
    We've got so many Turkish words but I know Bulgarian sounds better than Turkish...lol
    And I'm so sorry to say this after you saying such nice things about my language but...there r two languages that I really don't like, they just sound so bad in my ears...and that's German and Turkish :S But i guess it's because I had to learn German in school and I had a really mean teacher, a total ***** and maybe she made me hate it...and Turkish it just doesn't sound nice but I've got Turkish friends and listening to them has got me used to the language in a way...
    Time is tickin' away.

15. Sofijski Mozart said:

No problem. Germans are used to hear, that German is an awful language. Look here:

or this one:

According to Turkish I share your feelings to some extent. It is a monotone language. It sounds to me, as if someone enumerate all the time, he is speaking. But on the other hand I'm used to hear it. It is some familiar to me. It is very logical, like a machine language. And there are very beautiful dialects in my opinion, which I love very much, look at and listen to this:

Last edited by Sofijski Mozart; 06-25-2010 at 10:58 AM.

lulu04 said:

Well I think it's all about getting used to hear it because a few years ago, when I still lived in Bulgaria I used to hate the sound of Turkish.. But it's true they got different dialects. I've got 3 close Turkish friends all from different parts of Turkey and all speaking different dialect, some are a bit more soft and more acceptable but once you get used, it's not a big problem. And about German...I studied it for 3 years in Bulgaria and as I said, my teacher made me hate it! When I moved to London I wanted to carry on studying it because the more languages you know - the better but not many schools/colleges have it so I couldn't... Now, I know nothing in German! If I get used to it, then I guess it wouldn't sound that bad anymore
    Lately, I've been listening to Albanian music and started loving the language, just as you say you like Bulgarian. Before that I wanted to learn Greek... It's all because of the music
    Time is tickin' away.