Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Tags: None
  1. CZAREK2581 said:

Quote Originally Posted by carmen.rise View Post
    Could someone translate this for me? Thanks!

allllla ya3tik l 3afi ya rab ana btmanelak kil kheir H nshalla ma bi de3lak ta3ab.khalik mtzakrne w mtzaker 3azimte 3an bi souriya

walah ana m2assir ma3ik bass wallah ktir 3am koun mchghoul w akid awal ma benzal 3a leb ra7 choufik w nelta2a w akid enno badna nenzal 3a syria

ana mni7a l 7amdellla w hala2 ana 3and baba l jaw hoon kter 7elo bi ramadan.nje7et l 7amdella jebet 12 . 2nta kifak nshalla kil shi ma3ak mni7 )
    Let me try>

allllla ya3tik l 3afi ya rab ana btmanelak kil kheir H nshalla ma bi de3lak ta3ab.khalik mtzakrne w mtzaker 3azimte 3an bi souriya

May God bless you,I wish you all the best .,Hope Good won't forgot your fatigue. Remember me and remember about my invitation in Syria.

walah ana m2assir ma3ik bass wallah ktir 3am koun mchghoul w akid awal ma benzal 3a leb ra7 choufik w nelta2a w akid enno badna nenzal 3a syria

I am not doing much for you(I am not fullfiling all my obligations to you , but really I am so busy ,but for sure first when you stay(come)\to in Lebanon??? I will see you and we will meet and for sure we will stay in Syria

ana mni7a l 7amdellla w hala2 ana 3and baba l jaw hoon kter 7elo bi ramadan.nje7et l 7amdella jebet 12 . 2nta kifak nshalla kil shi ma3ak mni7

I am fine ,Thanx God and now I am at my daddy ,and the wetaher here is really nice in Ramadan.
    I succed and I brought 12.How are you ,how eveything is fine with you.
  2. amira7 said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Ah thats how you spell it!بازلاء not too bad :s

2ozi? Mish hay souriye? The way we do 2ozi is rice + peas stuffed in a pastry and there is no soup next to it...
    I am a little confused about 2ozi.. there are 2 ways to make ozi??
    I found 2 different recipes for 2ozi.
    first: recipe http://www.mahjoob.com/en/forums/sho...&postcount=354
    pic (the second one): http://www.mahjoob.com/en/forums/sho...&postcount=312
    second: http://www.orangeblossomwater.net/in...009/05/15/ozee

also i found a ozi bazilah :
    http://www.google.ro/imgres?imgurl=h...1t:429,r:0,s:0

which is the real ozi???
  3. amira7 said:

Quote Originally Posted by kaka View Post
    Ok I just remember its name .. it is طبيخ بازيلاء and the rice i think it is called Palestinian White Rice. Oh but I couldn't find its photo

Thanks guys for helping me!!
    I found this recipe - it's with pics step by step - maybe it is what you are looking for.. just take a look ..
    http://3rrosse.com/vb/t26120.html

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by carmen.rise View Post
    Could someone translate this for me? Thanks!
    God bless you, I wish you all the best H, God willing all your hard work be recognized. Stay remembering me and my invitation in Syria

I swear I am not doing as much as [I should] for you, but I swear I've been so busy lately, and of course soon as I first go to Lebanon I will meet up with you, and we'll definitely go to Syria

ana mni7a l 7amdellla w hala2 ana 3and baba l jaw hoon kter 7elo bi ramadan.nje7et l 7amdella jebet 12 . 2nta kifak nshalla kil shi ma3ak mni7
    I'm good, thank God, and now I'm at dad's house, the atmosphere here in Ramadan is very lovely. I passed thank God, I got 12. How are you? Hopefully everything is well with you
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥
  5. noona said:

Quote Originally Posted by amira7 View Post
    I found this recipe - it's with pics step by step - maybe it is what you are looking for.. just take a look ..
    http://3rrosse.com/vb/t26120.html

Not that I would ever cook peas (bazila) and chicken together... But thank you Tislami
  6. noona said:

if 2ozi is the same as qoozi.. I believe that the iraaqi way is to have a dish with white rice (could have the nuts and the sha3riya in it) and pieces of meat (and im guessing chicken too :P) on top.. the meat is usually cooked in a kind of tamoto'y sauce, but is simmered right down so its more a dry sauce.. if this helps anyone?
  7. kaka said:

How to say in Saudi / Palestinian:

1) "about Australia"
    2) grade for the cleanliness at Africa's restaurant

SuSuiTa said:

1) "about Australia"
    Saudi:
    1) 3ala Australia
    2) Mestwa el nathafa bl ma63m 7g Africa

sohuda said:

Quote Originally Posted by noona View Post
    if 2ozi is the same as qoozi.. I believe that the iraaqi way is to have a dish with white rice (could have the nuts and the sha3riya in it) and pieces of meat (and im guessing chicken too :P) on top.. the meat is usually cooked in a kind of tamoto'y sauce, but is simmered right down so its more a dry sauce.. if this helps anyone?
    yes thats right noona, actually it's the 1st time I hear of 2ozi, which country is that cooked in?
    in Iraq we have 8ozi
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

VivaPalestina said:

Its the same thing, we call it 2ozi. Its rice with bazela (peas) and you stuff it in a pastry like a ball shape..thats the syrian way I think iraqis do it without the pastry..

Oriee said:

1) "about Australia"
    - "3n Ostoralia"
    - Darajeh lannadafeh fi mat3am Africa... (Africa is a resturant name, isn't it?)
    لا يَشْكُرُ الله مَنْ لا يَشْكُرُ النَّاس
    The One Who Doesn't Thank Others, Doesn't Thank God
  12. kaka said:

should i say ابى شماغ فلسطيني or الشماغ الفلسطيني?
  13. noona said:

in saudi?

ابى شماغ فلسطيني

14. noona said:

@viva: yup.. we do it without the pastry and without most of the peas

VivaPalestina said:

Whats a shama3' guys?

Noona -> meatballs with the rice?

al_habibi said:

well...guys someone tell me what "kan" means ?
    i see it many times and tell me how to use it?

VivaPalestina said:

Quote Originally Posted by al_habibi View Post
    well...guys someone tell me what "kan" means ?
    i see it many times and tell me how to use it?
    Kan = was

kan ma3i = I had (it was with me)

kan 7abibi = he was my love

Kan 7ilo = was pretty

al_habibi said:

whats "kan nefsy"
  19. noona said:

Quote Originally Posted by al_habibi View Post
    whats "kan nefsy"

I really wanted to... I wished..
  20. noona said:

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Whats a shama3' guys?

Noona -> meatballs with the rice?

Shmaa3' my darling is what my mother would call the red n white checkered tea towels that Gulfern Men on their heads :P... Gu6ra is the white cloth

mmm... meatballs ... But what is the question?