Ideal Music Software?

Thread: Ideal Music Software?

Tags: None

dragonfly93 said:

Default Ideal Music Software?

Hello, bonjour, hola, buongiorno, bună!

I am considering recording music, and I was debating which software is most worth my money. I have a Mac, so I was checking out Logic Studio, as well as looking into Cubase and ProTools.

Specifically, I'm looking for something that...
    * Has the equivalent of a vocoder
    * Is able to seamlessly alter pitch and change keys
    * Is ideal for techno/trance/dance/house/club type of music, including the capability to create my own loops and synthesised effects
    * Is high-quality at editing home-recordings to ensure a professional sound
    * Can also sequence (process which notes are being played)
    * Can be used to assemble a CD-quality song
    * Deals well with acoustic instruments
    * Has MIDI-compatible capabilities (for a plug-in electronic keyboard)
    * Doesn't create any extra reverb or feedback on the vocals--or, even better, can get rid of reverb and feedback!

It doesn't have to have all of these features, but I'd like at least most of them And please let me know which of the features mentioned above apply to the program to which you are referring!

Thanks in advance. If you prefer to reply in another language...
    Je parle fraais, hablo español ed io parlo italiano. Pot să înțeleg ro.

Thank you / Merci / Gracias / Grazie / Mulțumesc!!!
    Minä olen horjunut, epäilen enemmän kuin ennen
    Mutta halusit ihmisen, sen viat, sen heikkouden

2. Ultimate DJ said:

heres my reply;

I have Cubase 5 and I love it. I jumped from using Keyboards, having NO DAW experience whatsoever, to creating songs in no time with Cubase. So I know its easy! I also know Protools is very popular.

1) I don't have Vocoder in Cubase. I'm pretty sure that you would have to buy a Vocoder sold separately or a possible a free VSTi. like; http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/cat/VOCODERS/ or http://kunz.corrupt.ch/?Products:VST_TAL-Vocoder
    2) What do you mean by seamlessly? I can select whatever Audio File I want and select Pitch Shift and select the key I want to shift it to. Very easy.
    3) Most of these are great for whatever style you go with. Ableton is most used by DJs but thats for Live performances. Other than that...most are pretty equal on that ground. You get to pick the VSTi packages you want to purchase. As they do come stock with a wide assortment of various instruments none really lean to a certain Genre.
    4) Do you mean things you've recorded using a sampler and what to edit them? Very easy and great detail. But also depends on the Recorded quality its self. As for recording directly into it...I haven't done it much yet but I know thats what everybody does. So it depends on the Microphone you use.
    5) Of course. If you have a Midi board its like playing a piano. All can do.
    6) Absolutely. That is more on you learning how to Mastering/Compressing than it is the software. But all are fine for that.
    7) Have never used Acoustic instros with my software yet but all should hand equally as it depends on your midi interface and on the PC your running if it can handle multiple recording simultaneously.
    8) Yup all of em for this one too.
    9) None of them will add Reverb unless you put on a Reverb effect. Don't know what you mean about getting rid of Reverb? You have a sample with Reverb on it and you hope it can eliminate it? I don't think any can do that.

Okay so yeah, of those Programs that you mentioned you should be fine with all of these things are these are pretty fundamental.
    I'll post these question on a popular music forum for ya to get better details but you should be fine with whatever choice you make!

Let me know if this was helpful enough and what else I can help with.
    cheers!

Aelfo

dragonfly93 said:

Thanks again, DJ

4. Konov said:

Logic is awesome, wat do u have, pc or mac?

dragonfly93 said:

I have a Mac. I ended up getting Logic. Thank you, guys!!

dragonfly93 said:

Quote Originally Posted by luli123 View Post
    did not like(Iron Man 2 most recently) so I know how it feels.

American Idol seasons 1-9 dvd boxset
    American Idol 1-9
    PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE LINKS ABOVE; THIS IS SPAM.