Solved : Please ID something from Hotel Costes

Thread: Solved : Please ID something from Hotel Costes

Tags: hotel costes
  1. tyoi said:

Default Solved : Please ID something from Hotel Costes

This will be any easy ID for any Hotel Costes experts, as it is definitely a song from one of their many compilations. It is a young woman's voice, with lyrics both in accented English and another language, I think Arabic but I'm not sure. It is groovy and great to dance to. The English lyrics seem to be about being an immigrant and about where the singer is from, i think it includes the line "this is where I'm from". Anyway its great. Please help!
  2. tyoi said:

any Hotel Costes experts out there?

Skinno said:

I have most of the Hôtel Costes CD's. I cant think exactly which track you mean but it may possibly be this linked below.

There's two versions on You Tube. (Both linked below), the Zero 7 remix is the one from the Hôtel Costes compilation, the other one is the original version.

Hope this helps - let me know, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwrSEPNAPMc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeiPDOr-vAI
    "We'll be, as we are - when all the fools who doubt us fade away"
  4. tyoi said:

Default getting warmer..

thanks so much for getting in contact. Really kind. Sadly this isnt the track. The one I'm after was on youtube without a name, and got recently taken off due to a rights vio complaint. That is why i've lost it.

It is definitely a track good to dance to. I think it is a French-Arabic vocalist, singing in accented English and possibly in Arabic or maybe French. Almost certain it contains the words "where I'm from". It is such a great track :-(

Skinno said:

Do you mean "So Ma Guisee" by Mo' Horizons?
    That's quite funky and the vocalist sings in almost a swing-rap style. It contains the lyrics:
    "Here we are and this is where we belong to....you wanna know I wanna know where we came from....I gonna tell you, once again this is my home and this is where I came from.....this is my song to make you understand..."
    Then it goes into another language.
    That track is on Hotel Costes Vol 7.
    If not, no problem, I'll keep looking on the rest of the albums when I have more time. I'll find it if it kills me lol.

Skinno said:

P.S, theres actually a You Tube link to a version of the track I meant here >>>>>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNeIVOoYu60
  7. tyoi said:

SKINNO YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER STAR

Yes, this is what I've been looking for, for a month. Thanks to you I've also found the non-costes version, it is more acoustic and I actually think it is a bit better. For some reason it makes me visualize mochitos and stunning french-arab girl in some dark, red-lit bar. Know what I mean?

Once again, I thank you. Which city are you you in? I'd buy you a beer.

Skinno said:

Hey tyoi,
    I'm glad I managed to find the right track for you. Yes, I know exactly what you mean by your description of what it reminds you of. I hope you manage to get the track. If not give me a shout, I can sort something for you on that aspect of things.
    Maybe you want to re-edit the title of your thread and put 'Solved' at the beginning? Details how to do so are found in the 'sticky' thread on the 'identify it' section'.
    Oh, I'm in W. Yorks by the way, nearest city - Leeds )

Dapps said:

I've just done the 'solved' thing for them

Well done fellow Brit
  10. tyoi said:

Default yep

thanks for putting "solved" up. Skinno I will get in touch. Am a fellow Brit but sadly nowhere near Leeds.

By the way any idea what is that language she is singing in.. I thought Arabic but at times it sounds a bit African (as does her very beautiful voice tone)
  11. romance12 said:

May be African.