Two Rocksongs, pretty sure they are from the same band

Thread: Two Rocksongs, pretty sure they are from the same band

Tags: None
  1. Breadfan83 said:

Default Two Rocksongs, pretty sure they are from the same band

Had my player on shuffle the other day, and heard a song by a band called Morningwood. I know Morningwood, and this song didn't sound one bit like their music.

Tried entering some of the lines from the song on google, but nothing came up. When listening to the next song in line from "Morningwood" I heard something that sounded a lot like the previous one, also labeled Morningwood, and that too didn't sound a bit like the Morningwood I know of.

Some one help me please.
    Funny jokes bout Morningwood are ok, but I'd like to also find the name of the band. :P

The songs are titled:
    Morningwood - Girls like you

and

Morningwood - Insane

Some lines from the first song:

- when I was just a little boy, papa .... jibberish I can't understand .... gotta learn this lesson from me
    - papa warned me there'd be girls like you, pretending to .... bla bla bla jibberish bla bla
    - nothing I could do bout it, I'm a captain to my lust

Some lines from the second song:

- you said it before, and you will say it again
    - am I insane, strange voices screaming in my brain

Thanks.
    I'll try and upload the songs asap, but if some one can help me before then, I'd be happy.

Edit: here's the video with both songs. Check out the description on youtube please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51jDDO1AslE
    Last edited by Breadfan83; 08-05-2010 at 02:53 PM.

Dapps said:

Dapps said:

Doesn't mean it's actually by them Still checking this out.

Sooner you upload them, the better

4. Breadfan83 said:

Thanks, but that's not them.

The "girls" song by the actual Morningwood is called New York Girls, and, to quote Tenecious D., "it didn't actually sound
    anything like this song" I'm looking for.

I'll record the MP3 I have with my cell and upload it on youtube in a few.

Dapps said:

Really weird that these two tracks are getting on the internet, ie Last.fm and others, when it's not the band at all Only takes one person to upload the wrong info to a song and there you go, it's there for life

Only problem with this wonderful web is how do you stop it !!

6. Breadfan83 said:

Meh, think its more just these two songs I downloaded from somewhere (prolly Limewire years ago) that were mislabeled by some one on his / her own computer.

The songs by morningwood are often mentioned by two different names, but most fans know what song is meant.

I'm uploading the video to youtube right now, so it'll be up in a few minutes. Put both songs in one file, so for the second song you'd have to skip to somewhere in the vid. I'll post the time to skip to in the youtube file description as soon as it's online.

Dapps said:

"that were mislabeled by some one on his / her own computer."

"Only takes one person to upload the wrong info to a song"

That's exactly what I mean, and now it's on the internet for life mislabeled. Others will download it and so it goes on and on and on

Look forward to hearing it

8. Breadfan83 said:

Here's the video, also check out the description on youtube for info on where the second song starts.

Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51jDDO1AslE

Dapps said:

Oh dear, don't have a clue..... but it was useful to hear them.

Will do a lyric search and see what happens.

10. Breadfan83 said:

They both sound so friggin familiar to me. Dunno why, but I could humm-along the entire song.

Sounds a bit like a song that could've been used in one of the GTA-series or something. Did some lyrics-searching already, but I'm Dutch, so Engish isn't my native language and I can't make heads or tails out of most of the lyrics really...