Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None
  1. saminjv said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    It does help indeed, and questions come up all the time, as I study some Farsi daily now. If this continues with your support guys, I will soon make this my favourite language and my favourite thread
    We will be glad if you like and learn Farsi
    Do you know some Iranian who made you to learn Farsi or it was just your interest? You know my sister's boyfriend is a British guy who lives in Iran and dose not like to learn Farsi I want to show him what a beautiful language it is. Do you have any suggestion?

amaryn said:

Well, there are two names that stand out, but in the meantime a few more have appeared.
    I am especially greatful to Veryclever80 (Owl of Owls to me and Pinky and lately also to Astorias (Starry to me), but it seems that
    the circle of Iranian friends keeps growing They have very much motivated me to learn their beautiful language.
    It just takes time to learn, that's all: patience is very valuable here.....

3. veryclever1980 said:

Well, there are two names that stand out, but in the meantime a few more have appeared.
    I am especially greatful to Veryclever80 (Owl of Owls to me and Pinky and lately also to Astorias (Starry to me), but it seems that
    the circle of Iranian friends keeps growing They have very much motivated me to learn their beautiful language.
    It just takes time to learn, that's all: patience is very valuable here.....
    For sure my VDOF,
    we're here to help you and anyone who wants to learn our language. I should also thank Pinky for creating such a wonderful thread.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Kama_K said:

Hello everybody!
    I have not been here in a while & have missed out on so much and I miss the lessons =((
    I'm back here regularly, I've forgotten so much from previous lessons, it seems as though I'm back to square one :O

Soorati_Angel said:

Hi
    I have a question about Farsi...
    so I myself am persian but the problem is that I can't speak Farsi, so now I am learning.

So my question is how would you use 'kon'?? In some music websites like bia2.com or etc, I would read comments to see if I can understand what other people are saying. When I read them I see comments using 'kon', like for example: man nemitoonam download konam (sorry if I wrote it wrong!!)
    Can someone example how you use 'kon' in sentences???

Merciiiii
    I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.
    - Rumi

Soorati_Angel said:

Oh and one more question:
    How do you also use 'ra'????
    I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.
    - Rumi

Kama_K said:

We discussed Ra on this thread before, but I'm still unsure of exactly when I am supposed to use it some times, Ra is always used after an object, so for example: 'I closed the door' would be 'Man dar ra bastam' or I cleaned the table 'Man miz ra tamiz kardam', so we know we must use Ra after an object but I have also heard it used at times I would never have guessed it should be used. Please help =D

Soorati_Angel said:

So it's like 'the' then???
    - Rumi

9. ps said:

Salam,

I've got a question, too. How should I use "mi"? For example I often hear midounam, miravam.... If I want to say "I'm not.", do I must say "Men nemiastam."?? I think I've got problems in this case. :S Can someone explain it, please?

Khodahafez

Soorati_Angel said:

So basically for all I know... I think mi is like past tense or something...
    for example, if you want to say 'I ate', then you would say 'mikhoram'
    If you want to say 'I'm not', then you say 'man nistam' << (don't take this one for granted I'm not good at speaking persian... even though I'm persian myself haha)
    If you wanted to make the verb negative, then you add ' ne '
    Some examples of using it are: nemikhoram (I don't want to it)
    - Rumi

Soorati_Angel said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kama_K View Post
    We discussed Ra on this thread before, but I'm still unsure of exactly when I am supposed to use it some times, Ra is always used after an object, so for example: 'I closed the door' would be 'Man dar ra bastam' or I cleaned the table 'Man miz ra tamiz kardam', so we know we must use Ra after an object but I have also heard it used at times I would never have guessed it should be used. Please help =D
    Oh and thank you very much!!
    - Rumi

12. ps said:

Soorati_Angel;

kheiyli mamnoon. So at all you must use the "mi" if you say s.th. in past tense?..
    I try to learn Persian myself. So I often need help. Thanks again.

Khodahafez

Kama_K said:

Quote Originally Posted by ps View Post
    Salam,

I've got a question, too. How should I use "mi"? For example I often hear midounam, miravam.... If I want to say "I'm not.", do I must say "Men nemiastam."?? I think I've got problems in this case. :S Can someone explain it, please?

Khodahafez
    I think for 'I'm not' We can say 'man nistam', for example 'I am not bad' would be 'Man bad nistam' But I am sure there are other ways of saying 'I'm not' which I don't know about.

Please can we have some help =D

-------------------------------------------
    Oops, just saw that soorati angel already answered this question, sorry for butting in :P
    Last edited by Kama_K; 05-12-2011 at 01:04 PM. Reason: question already been answered

Kama_K said:

Quote Originally Posted by Soorati_Angel View Post
    So it's like 'the' then???
    Yes you're right, I looked on the Easy persian website and there it says it is like 'The'. =D

Kama_K said:

Soorati_Angel;

kheiyli mamnoon. So at all you must use the "mi" if you say s.th. in past tense?..
    I try to learn Persian myself. So I often need help. Thanks again.

Khodahafez
    Yes I think so, but I don't think that stands for all words beginning with 'mi', for example when it comes to 'mikonam', this is present tense and means 'I do/I am doing' and then 'I did' would be 'kardam'

Soorati_Angel said:

Yes I think so, but I don't think that stands for all words beginning with 'mi', for example when it comes to 'mikonam', this is present tense and means 'I do/I am doing' and then 'I did' would be 'kardam'
    Kama_K has asnwered for you ps It's better than what my answer would be
    - Rumi

17. ps said:

Ok, thank you very much Kama_K and Soorati_Angel. It seems so that I need much time to learn Persian.

Khodahafez

amaryn said:

Yes you're right, I looked on the Easy persian website and there it says it is like 'The'. =D
    Salam, Kama!
    The Easy Persian website is good for learning various things as ps question about "mi" and a question about "ra". However, when it comes
    to their way of writing in latin alphabet how to pronounce words, it can be confusing, as also earlier in this thread has been discussed
    (remember "U" = OO,etc?)
    Welcome on this wonderful Farsi website, "S", and Soorati-Angel!
    I have noticed it's getting crowdedThe ones who want to learn Farsi, including me
    We have some very good teachers here and they will help you at any time!Just search the thread

Soorati_Angel said:

Salam, Kama!
    The Easy Persian website is good for learning various things as ps question about "mi" and a question about "ra". However, when it comes
    to their way of writing in latin alphabet how to pronounce words, it can be confusing, as also earlier in this thread has been discussed
    (remember "U" = OO,etc?)
    Welcome on this wonderful Farsi website, "S", and Soorati-Angel!
    I have noticed it's getting crowdedThe ones who want to learn Farsi, including me
    We have some very good teachers here and they will help you at any time!Just search the thread
    Merci amaryn! I'm learning a lot better from The Easy Persian Website!!
    - Rumi

Soorati_Angel said:

Ok, thank you very much Kama_K and Soorati_Angel. It seems so that I need much time to learn Persian.

Khodahafez
    Khahesh Mikonam
    Learning Persian can take some time but it's really worth it.
    - Rumi