Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None
  1. xvampire said:

one more sentence I need help with girls xD

شانس یکبار در خونه ادم رو میزنه ولی بد شانسی دستش رو از رو زنگ ور نمیداره بدبختی هم که کلید داره هر وقت بخواد میاد تو ! اینه زندگی ما !

i think it's some saying?
    Last edited by xvampire; 09-20-2011 at 01:45 PM.

2. xvampire said:

Quote Originally Posted by saminjv View Post
    Hello,
    Let me explain more very very long time ago Iran was very big, local people called their country Iran and called themselves Iranian. However the name of the language was Parsi, maybe that's why other countries called us Persian.

When Arabs attacked us they changed our religion and our alphabet, and many many arabic words came to our language. Little by little some words changed due to the lack of Arabic alphabet (it doesn't have P like Poland,CH like cheez,G like Google,ZH like jour (in french)).For example Parsi---> Farsi, Papak-->Babak.

Nowadays the official name is Iran, but most of Iranian like to be called Persian.
    ok that now is a very descriptive reply, thank you very much, I understand it better now :] about the letters though, its still like that now, letters get replaced? and when you write, you write in arabic writing, right?
    Last edited by xvampire; 09-20-2011 at 01:49 PM.

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by xvampire View Post
    one more sentence I need help with girls xD

شانس یکبار در خونه ادم رو میزنه ولی بد شانسی دستش رو از رو زنگ ور نمیداره بدبختی هم که کلید داره هر وقت بخواد میاد تو ! اینه زندگی ما !

i think it's some saying?
    yeah..it means :
    The chance(luck) knock at the door once but bad luck doesn't remove his hand from the bell(it keeps ringing) and misfortune has the key and whenever it wants , it'll come in!! This is our life!!

4. xvampire said:

oh its a rather depressive saying a bit too then, never heard it. thanks a lot for translating :]

pinky_girl said:

yeah too depressive and I don't believe it at all...I believe that luck is always knocking but sometimes we don't dare to open the door

6. xvampire said:

exactly and I rather think if bad luck ever happens, it happens for a reason and you gotta take positive things from it and learn something from it as a lesson for the future :]

7. xvampire said:

one more sentence :]

شايد ما به يكديگر نرسيم. گفتن اين فكر چه فايده دارد،

and لب مخوام
    Last edited by xvampire; 09-20-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Hanisa said:

one more sentence :]

شايد ما به يكديگر نرسيم. گفتن اين فكر چه فايده دارد،

and لب مخوام
    1.Maybe we don't reach together , What is the use of telling this thought
    2.I want your lips ( I want to kiss you )

Hanisa said:

its still like that now, letters get replaced? and when you write, you write in arabic writing, right?
    No, it is not like that . Our letter was the same as Arabic but just had a little difference . Nowadays we have same difference too .
    But some of our words ( not letter) is Arabic .We don't write the same as Arabs

10. saminjv said:

ok that now is a very descriptive reply, thank you very much, I understand it better now :] about the letters though, its still like that now, letters get replaced? and when you write, you write in arabic writing, right?
    Hi
    We still use arabic alphabet but we have 4 more letter in ours. We add 4 letter to their alphabet (in Farsi they are گ, پ,ژ,چ).
    Sometimes, specially in religious documents, Arabs use accents (some kind of vowels) which don't. (i.e. they have ٍ , ٌ , ً , َ , ُ , ِ They aren't letters, they are accents to show what is the sound of a letter. for example نَ sounds 'na' and نُ sound 'no')

If you mean that we understand Arabic writting. The answer is no. It is like an English person reading Spanish, they can read but thay don't understand. But if someone who dosen't know Farsi or Arabic see a document they can't tell the difference.

pinky_girl said:

I just found a converter or better say a dictionary which seems pretty helpful for those who doesn't know Persian alphabet yet...for using it you type the word with English alphabets in the green box , then press the space button and then click on "tarjome" button...

http://www.dictionary-farsi.com/pinglish.asp

http://www.behnevis.com/en/index.html

The second link is really interesting...in the upper box when you type with English alphabets , your sentence will be transformed to persian letters in the lower box...

12. xvampire said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    I just found a converter or better say a dictionary which seems pretty helpful for those who doesn't know Persian alphabet yet...for using it you type the word with English alphabets in the green box , then press the space button and then click on "tarjome" button...

http://www.dictionary-farsi.com/pinglish.asp

http://www.behnevis.com/en/index.html

The second link is really interesting...in the upper box when you type with English alphabets , your sentence will be transformed to persian letters in the lower box...
    yaay and this one unlike my previous link I found translits letters correctly, right? thanks a lot for that :]

Quote Originally Posted by saminjv View Post
    Hi
    We still use arabic alphabet but we have 4 more letter in ours. We add 4 letter to their alphabet (in Farsi they are گ, پ,ژ,چ).
    Sometimes, specially in religious documents, Arabs use accents (some kind of vowels) which don't. (i.e. they have ٍ , ٌ , ً , َ , ُ , ِ They aren't letters, they are accents to show what is the sound of a letter. for example نَ sounds 'na' and نُ sound 'no')

If you mean that we understand Arabic writting. The answer is no. It is like an English person reading Spanish, they can read but thay don't understand. But if someone who dosen't know Farsi or Arabic see a document they can't tell the difference.
    thank you very much, you are very helpful :] so in short, you still have your own writing and arabs have their own, understood this correct? :]
    and yeah you're right if ur neither of two its hard to tell the difference which writing is it. I could notice that.

another sentence girls

لبهايت را بر روي لبهايم بزار
    and
    سلام عزيزم زيادي شلوغش نكن
    Last edited by xvampire; 09-21-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Albruna said:

I have a small question too: what does واسه mean? It seems to be a common word but I can't find a translation anywhere.

14. ladyluck777 said:

I'm trying to translate the following from persian to english language.

Salam lotfan baad az didan delit konid moteshakeram

any suggestions?

Hanisa said:

Quote Originally Posted by Albruna View Post
    I have a small question too: what does واسه mean?
    "vase" means "for"

Quote Originally Posted by Albruna View Post
    It seems to be a common word but I can't find a translation anywhere.
    Because the formal form of "vase" is "baraie-برای"

Quote Originally Posted by ladyluck777 View Post
    I'm trying to translate the following from persian to english language.

Salam lotfan baad az didan delit konid moteshakeram

any suggestions?
    Hi.Please delete after viewing. Thank you
    Last edited by Hanisa; 09-22-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Albruna said:

Oh that makes sense, thank you.

pinky_girl said:

yaay and this one unlike my previous link I found translits letters correctly, right? thanks a lot for that :]

thank you very much, you are very helpful :] so in short, you still have your own writing and arabs have their own, understood this correct? :]
    and yeah you're right if ur neither of two its hard to tell the difference which writing is it. I could notice that.

another sentence girls

لبهايت را بر روي لبهايم بزار
    and
    سلام عزيزم زيادي شلوغش نكن
    لبهايت را بر روي لبهايم بزار=Put your lips on my lips

سلام عزيزم زيادي شلوغش نكن =Hi my dear ,Don't get it all mixed up!

18. xvampire said:

thanks a lot. translators are so unhelpful, I hope it's not too annoying :]

what about this one?
    سلام عزيرم

Hanisa said:

thanks a lot. translators are so unhelpful, I hope it's not too annoying :]

what about this one?
    سلام عزيرم
    Hi dear

20. ps said:

Salam,

what does "Delborideh" and "Delnavazan" mean?

Khodahafez