Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None
  1. ps said:

Ah ok, now it's clear.
    And for dashtan ? I think it's not "dasthame" ? Maybe "dasht-e boodam"?

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by ps View Post
    Ah ok, now it's clear.
    And for dashtan ? I think it's not "dasthame" ? Maybe "dasht-e boodam"?
    For "dashtan" it would be : dashte
    for example:
    I have had this disease=Man in bimari ra dashte+am(dashteam)
    I had had this disease=Man in bimari ra dashte boodam!

***the first sentence is more common and sometimes instead of saying "dashte am" we say "dashtam".....in fact we use simple past!

3. ps said:

Ok, now hamechi is clear.

Mazerat mikham , when I sit down and start learning persian, there are so many questions in my mind . I search in the web, but sometimes it isn't understandable. Az komaketoon kheyli khoshhal o mamnoonam.

-by the way, bebinam man formal sohbat mikonam? Yani age ba kasi injoori harf bezanam he/she won't ask me what I'm talking about ? I want that the dialogs sound native.

Khodahafez

pinky_girl said:

Now that everything is clear I feel good
    I know how hard it is to learn Farsi on your own cause there are not many resources or sites to teach you Farsi and in other countries there is no chance for foreigners to take Farsi classes so I'm happy that at least we have such a forum to solve your Farsi problems
    khahesh mikonam azizam kari nakardam VAZIFAM BOOD
    Na etefaghan kheyli khoob sohbat mikoni va dar eyne hal ke informal hast vali moadabane(polite) ham hast...vaghean afarin behet migam
    ta hala nadide boodam kasi be in khoobi va ravooni( FLUENTLY) farsi sohbat kone;

amaryn said:

Pinky!!!!!!!! There are a lot of questions I had which now are answered in these past three pages here

I cannot be but grateful and ps and annámaria inspire me too! Kheyli mamnoon

pinky_girl said:

So we should thank our friends for asking such useful questions

7. ps said:

Are dige, if I would have some persian friends here, it would be easier to learn persian. I think I have to talk to someone. My sister is going to learn persian at the university. It would be a good help also for me.
    Mamnoon vali vaghean bayad tamrin o pishraft konam.

Omg, khejalat mikesham vali bazam ye soal daram. Soal-e akhari.
    When do I have to say "koochek" and when "khocholoo" ? I'm really confused.

pinky_girl said:

Are dige, if I would have some persian friends here, it would be easier to learn persian. I think I have to talk to someone. My sister is going to learn persian at the university. It would be a good help also for me.
    Mamnoon vali vaghean bayad tamrin o pishraft konam.

Omg, khejalat mikesham vali bazam ye soal daram. Soal-e akhari.
    When do I have to say "koochek" and when "khocholoo" ? I'm really confused.
    I agree , having someone to talk to and practice is really helpful
    really? is there Persian course in your universities? that's interesting....I didn't know that....
    khob pas hala ke doos dari ba yeki Farsi harf bezani man az in be bad bahat bishtar farsi harf mizanam .
    azizam alan ke be in khoobi sohbat mikoni motmaenam ke ye roozi dar hade native farsi ro sohbat mikoni
    ey baba! khejalat nadare ke.....man vaghti mibinam yeki oomade va tooye in thread soal porside koli khosh hal misham
    "Koochooloo" dar moghayese ba( in comparison to) "koochik" khodemoonitare (is more informal) ... :
    and sometimes "koochooloo" means small and sometimes means " a little bit"...but " koochik" always means small and it's used for talking about the size of something....for example:

-Are u worried? a little bit...!
    Negarani? ye koochooloo! ( or u can also say " ye zare" or " ye kam".....but you CAN'T say " ye koochik!")

This dress is too small.
    In lebas kheyli koochike/ in lebas kheyli koochoolooe!

Where are u going little girl?
    Khanoom koochooloo koja miri?

It doesn't fit me....it's small!
    Andazam nist....koochike!

You are still too young to get these things!
    To hanooz kheyli koochiki ( or koochoolooyi) ke in chiza ro befahmi....

***" ye zare / ye koochooloo/ ye kam/ ye khoorde/ ye name/ has the same meaning( they mean " a little bit" )and all of them are informal and you can use all of them interchangeably****
    but when u are writing in a formal way instead of them u have to say " kami/andaki/"...in some poems u might seen these 2, as well.

9. ps said:

Bale, ye moalleme irani dars mide.

Khob age shoma farsi harf mizanin motavajeh misham, vali khodam natoonam ounjoori harf bezanam.

Kheyli mamnoon, kheyli komakam kardid.

Khodahafez

dana l said:

Hello..heloo..thanks so much ). I come back from Iran yesterday . It was wonderfull.). I like so much the food from there (gaza)...and people are so nice...so fiendly. And family of my friend was also very very nice. I liked very much Esfahan..and Alvand mountain from Hamedan. I observed that it so easy to learn farsi from discusion with people from Iran..I learned especially some expression used at luch, dinner..(ex: salamati, daste shoma daste nakone, kheily khosh mazas.. ). I'm sure that I don't write so good..it's just after that I heared.. .
    Thank you again for your help..it's very important for me...But, I'm so upset of me because I had no time to learn more and I couldn't understant what my frient discussed with different persons.. believe me..it so ititant..uffff ((
    And I continue with my questions..don't upset of me..I hope to have more time to dedicate for study. So, please tell me in english:
    1. emshab daram miram danaro beresunam
    2. dishab jatun khali bood...ma ham khubim
    3. Elmira khobe key parvaz dare?
    4. neshastim tarif az hameja *areh khub *goftam baba bolan shi berid esfehan zendeghi koni ))
    5. koli tarif az khuneh babatam sartapa goosh vali hich harfi nazad *aziiz chera*nabinam *moshkel pish umad?
    6. revale hamishegy zendegye na baba
    7. hich khabari nabode

Thank you so much . Have a nice..wonderful day!!!

11. ps said:

Salam,

Yesterday I wanted to buy goldfishes for my little sister. I asked about them, and the shop assistent told me that actually Iranians bought some goldfishes. I see in the Iranian movies and films, in photoshoots of actors/actresses always a goldfish. Especially in Nowrooz. Does it have a special meaning?

Khodahafez

pinky_girl said:

Bale, ye moalleme irani dars mide.

Khob age shoma farsi harf mizanin motavajeh misham, vali khodam natoonam ounjoori harf bezanam.

Kheyli mamnoon, kheyli komakam kardid.

Khodahafez
    Che jaleb
    but you're doing a great job azizam don't worry...I can get what you say
    AND IF I WANT TO CORRECT UR SENTENCE THAT WOULD BE :
    "Khob age shoma farsi harf "Bezanin" motavajeh misham, vali khodam "Nemitoonam" ounjoori harf bezanam.
    khahesh mikonam
    see u

pinky_girl said:

Salam,

Yesterday I wanted to buy goldfishes for my little sister. I asked about them, and the shop assistent told me that actually Iranians bought some goldfishes. I see in the Iranian movies and films, in photoshoots of actors/actresses always a goldfish. Especially in Nowrooz. Does it have a special meaning?

Khodahafez
    I think it represent " life" in Noruz.....and it is one of the elements which we use in Norooz in "haft sin
    (http://fa.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%87%...B3%DB%8C%D9%86)

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by dana l View Post
    Hello..heloo..thanks so much ). I come back from Iran yesterday . It was wonderfull.. I like so much the food from there (gaza)...and people are so nice...so fiendly. And family of my friend was also very very nice. I liked very much Esfahan..and Alvand mountain from Hamedan. I observed that it so easy to learn farsi from discusion with people from Iran..I learned especially some expression used at luch, dinner..(ex: salamati, daste shoma daste nakone, kheily khosh mazas.. ). I'm sure that I don't write so good..it's just after that I heared.. .
    Thank you again for your help..it's very important for me...But, I'm so upset of me because I had no time to learn more and I couldn't understant what my frient discussed with different persons.. believe me..it so ititant..uffff
    And I continue with my questions..don't upset of me..I hope to have more time to dedicate for study. So, please tell me in english:
    1. emshab daram miram danaro beresunam
    2. dishab jatun khali bood...ma ham khubim
    3. Elmira khobe key parvaz dare?
    4. neshastim tarif az hameja *areh khub *goftam baba bolan shi berid esfehan zendeghi koni ))
    5. koli tarif az khuneh babatam sartapa goosh vali hich harfi nazad *aziiz chera*nabinam *moshkel pish umad?
    6. revale hamishegy zendegye na baba
    7. hich khabari nabode

Thank you so much . Have a nice..wonderful day!!!
    Hi dear , welcome back...I'm glad you had a great time in IranI hope u come to Iran again and be able to talk Farsi easily

1. emshab daram miram danaro beresunam=Tonight I'm going to drive home dana

2. dishab jatun khali bood...ma ham khubim=We had a great time last night , we are good
    ***if I want to translate"dishab jatoon khali bood" word by word it is like : your place was empty last night , but it's an expression which is used when you're having a good time but your friend or your family aren't with you and by telling this sentence you are saying that you wish they were with you ,too**

3. Elmira khobe key parvaz dare?=Is Elmira ok? when is her flight?

We talked about everything , "yeah it's good" , I told them: u can go and live in Isfahan!

We talked about the house and your dad was listening carefully but didn't say anything ,* why dear?" what's wrong?

6. revale hamishegy zendegye na baba=same as usual , Oh no

7. hich khabari nabode=There was nothing going on

dana l said:

Thanks so much. Sure that I'll come back to Iran soon..maybe in December..Until than I'm sure that I'll khow farsi better. Just to have time..because I came back home from office later in the night and I'm very tired. I think that it will be usefull ti begin with persian alphabet (letters) because all dictionary that I found on internet are write with perisan letters.. Do you think that it's ok..or how it's easier for me to start learn?
    Mersi again Have a wonderfull day . Boos. Sohbat mikonim

16. ps said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    Che jaleb
    but you're doing a great job azizam don't worry...I can get what you say
    AND IF I WANT TO CORRECT UR SENTENCE THAT WOULD BE :
    "Khob age shoma farsi harf "Bezanin" motavajeh misham, vali khodam "Nemitoonam" ounjoori harf bezanam.
    khahesh mikonam
    see u
    Rasti, in "bezanam-mizanam" mano mikoshe. A few days ago I visited an Iranian shop. I wanted to speak farsi with them, but I was too shy and I didn't want to say s.th. wrong, I even couldn't say "Khodahafez".
    Thanks for the correction.

Va mamnoon az tozihetoon.

--
    Mano mibakhshid vali bazam ye soal daram;

do I have to use the past tense of "kardan" in a sentence with "bayad"? Chon man hamishe fekr mikardam "Chi bayad konam?" doroste, vali I heard "Chi bayad kard?"? Or are both sentences right?

DokhtarKordestani said:

Hi! I have a question, what is the difference between the words "vali" and "amma"? Doesn't it mean "but"?
    When do we know which one to choose? Is there someone who can explain it for me and give me some examples?
    Thanks in advance!

amaryn said:

Me too! When saying "mamnoonam" is it the same for males and females or do you answer "moteshakeram" when adressing a female or if a female uses the word?

IMHO "ama" and "vali" mean both "but". Is that so, teachers?

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by DokhtarKordestani View Post
    Hi! I have a question, what is the difference between the words "vali" and "amma"? Doesn't it mean "but"?
    When do we know which one to choose? Is there someone who can explain it for me and give me some examples?
    Thanks in advance!
    There is no difference between "vali" and " amma" ...maybe "amma" is more formal....so u can use both of them in every situation...

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Me too! When saying "mamnoonam" is it the same for males and females or do you answer "moteshakeram" when adressing a female or if a female uses the word?

IMHO "ama" and "vali" mean both "but". Is that so, teachers?
    they are the same.....and you can use them for both men and women.............for thank someone you can say these words "
    Merci
    Kheyli mamnoon
    mamnoonam
    mochaker
    mochakeram
    tashakor
    daste shoma dard nakone
    mamnoon, merci( you can use 2 words together)
    merci , mamnoon
    merci, tashakor
    mochakeram, merci
    kheyli mamnoon, mochakar