Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None

dana l said:

Hello..hello.. I thought that "daste shoma dard nakone " is an expression used after lunch. When I was in Iran, I heard and used this expression just after lunch/dinner/breakfast.. . So, I can use it for thanks/mersi/.. . I understand. It have found interesting that the iranians say so many words instead of "hello".. . I tried to listen carefully what they say..but was impossible ..because they saying so fast those words/expression )). So, please tell me what iranians says instead of "hello" ). Mersi, daste shoma dard nakone

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by dana l View Post
    Hello..hello.. I thought that "daste shoma dard nakone " is an expression used after lunch. When I was in Iran, I heard and used this expression just after lunch/dinner/breakfast.. . So, I can use it for thanks/mersi/.. . I understand. It have found interesting that the iranians say so many words instead of "hello".. . I tried to listen carefully what they say..but was impossible ..because they saying so fast those words/expression )). So, please tell me what iranians says instead of "hello" ). Mersi, daste shoma dard nakone
    yeah..."daste shoma dard nakone/dastet dard nakone" can be used in every situation and it's not only for lunch or breakfast....
    Hmmm we alwasy say "salam" for saying hello.....maybe some people say "salam alleykom" and we have also "dorood" but it's not that common....the most common word for hello is "salam"

good morning= sob bekheyr
    good afternoon=zohr bekheyr
    good evening=asr bekheyr
    good night=shab bekheyr

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by ps View Post
    Rasti, in "bezanam-mizanam" mano mikoshe. A few days ago I visited an Iranian shop. I wanted to speak farsi with them, but I was too shy and I didn't want to say s.th. wrong, I even couldn't say "Khodahafez".
    Thanks for the correction.

Va mamnoon az tozihetoon.

--
    Mano mibakhshid vali bazam ye soal daram;

do I have to use the past tense of "kardan" in a sentence with "bayad"? Chon man hamishe fekr mikardam "Chi bayad konam?" doroste, vali I heard "Chi bayad kard?"? Or are both sentences right?
    O you have to have confidence...you speak Farsi very well and Iranians really love seeing foreigners speaking Farsi....I bet If you spoke Farsi , they would give you some discount
    If you say '"che bayad kard?" , this sentence is kinda formal but if u wanna say " what should I do" you can say :

Chikar bayad bokonam?(present)
    Chikar bayad konam?(present tense)
    Chikar konam?(present)
    Chikar bayad mikardam?(past)

dana l said:

mersi..kheily mamnoon. . Have a wonderfull day

dana l said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    yeah..."daste shoma dard nakone/dastet dard nakone" can be used in every situation and it's not only for lunch or breakfast....
    Hmmm we alwasy say "salam" for saying hello.....maybe some people say "salam alleykom" and we have also "dorood" but it's not that common....the most common word for hello is "salam"

good morning= sob bekheyr
    good afternoon=zohr bekheyr
    good evening=asr bekheyr
    good night=shab bekheyr

mersi..kheily mamnoon. . Have a wonderfull day

6. ps said:

O you have to have confidence...you speak Farsi very well and Iranians really love seeing foreigners speaking Farsi....I bet If you spoke Farsi , they would give you some discount
    If you say '"che bayad kard?" , this sentence is kinda formal but if u wanna say " what should I do" you can say :

Chikar bayad bokonam?(present)
    Chikar bayad konam?(present tense)
    Chikar konam?(present)
    Chikar bayad mikardam?(past)
    Na baba ye bar say kardam ba yek irani farsi harf bezanam amma mikhande ba'adan fahmidam ke ye eshtebahi kardam
    Va motmainam ke dar in jomle dobare ye eshtebahi kardam .

Ok thank you a lot, everything is clear now.

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by ps View Post
    Na baba ye bar say kardam ba yek irani farsi harf bezanam amma mikhande ba'adan fahmidam ke ye eshtebahi kardam
    Va motmainam ke dar in jomle dobare ye eshtebahi kardam .

Ok thank you a lot, everything is clear now.
    Oh , that person was so rude....I never laugh at foreigners when they speak farsi.....
    ok now if I want to correct your first sentence , there is just a small mistake :"amma mikhande" should be " amma khandid behem"
    but the rest of your sentence is completely correct...Afarin azizam

saranghae19 said:

Great thread! I'm trying to learn Persian in my free time. This definitely helps

9. Kataji said:

salam, salam, haletun chetore?

ye su'al asun daram:

I am stressed! - tu farsi chetor gofte mishe?

mersi mamnun o khuda negahdar

10. selim said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kataji View Post
    salam, salam, haletun chetore?

ye su'al asun daram:

I am stressed! - tu farsi chetor gofte mishe?

mersi mamnun o khuda negahdar
    salām,

tarcomānān gereftār-and,
    īrūnī nīst-am valī şāyad komak-at konam,
    tūye fīlm-e īrūnī şenide am goftand:
    "esteres dār-am"
    age vāje-ye "esteres" balad nīstīn,

dexodā mīge
    استرس:
    اضطراب شدید-دلهره.
    استرس:
    فشارعصبی، فشار روانی، فشار روحی.

man mīgam
    zīr(-e) feşār-am.

omīdvār-am zabūn-am-ō mī-fahmīn.

Last edited by selim; 11-17-2012 at 12:43 AM.

pinky_girl said:

Thanks dear Selim , you gave the right answer to our friend

for saying " I'm stressed " you can say:

1-Stress daram
    2-Delshoore daram
    3-Delam shoor mizane
    4-Delhore daram

12. Kataji said:

khayli mamnun - pinky girl, shumo goftid: 'delshoore daram' in chetor neveshte mishe? دل******** شوره دارم؟**

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kataji View Post
    khayli mamnun - pinky girl, shumo goftid: 'delshoore daram' in chetor neveshte mishe? دل******** شوره دارم؟**
    Khahesh mikonam
    it is written like this :
    دلشوره دارم

dana l said:

Dear Pinky..please help me. I want to make a gift for my iranian fiance: a calendar with 12 famouse love messages in farsi. Can you help me with this 12 messages (in farsi)?. Thanks so much. I want to be a great gift for him (In Romania in December is New Year celebration )

pinky_girl said:

Dear Pinky..please help me. I want to make a gift for my iranian fiance: a calendar with 12 famouse love messages in farsi. Can you help me with this 12 messages (in farsi)?. Thanks so much. I want to be a great gift for him (In Romania in December is New Year celebration )
    Awwwwwwww how sweet...I like the idea very much
    oK I'll do my best and I hope I can find good sentences for u

dana l said:

Awwwwwwww how sweet...I like the idea very much
    oK I'll do my best and I hope I can find good sentences for u
    Thanks so much. Kheily mamnoon . I receive a calendar for my birhday from my coleagues..and was wonderfull..for every month of year was a page with a picture with me and my coleagues and a famous quote.. was the best gift (because I appreciate this kind of gifts (sentimentally) ..not material.).
    have a wonderfull day and thank you again..you are so cute . . Khodafez

pinky_girl said:

Dear I searched and found some Farsi sentences...but they are not famous quotes just some ordinary sentences about love...I put some of them for you and if u like them just let me know to put the rest for you

باران کـه میبـارد......
    دلـم بـرایت تنـگ تـر می شـود.....
    راه می افـتم ...
    بـدون چـتـر ...
    من بـغض می کنـم ...
    آسمـان گـریـه ...
    When It rains
    I misses you more
    I start walking
    without the umbrella
    I'm about to cry
    But the sky cries

عشق کنار هم ایستادن زیر باران نیست...!!! عشق این است که یکی برای دیگری چتر شود و دیگری هرگز نفهمد چرا خیس نشد
    Love is not standing next to each other under the rain....
    Love is one becomes the umbrella for the other one and the other one doesn't realize at all why she didn't get wet...!!!

کاش قطره ای اشک بودم که در چشمانت متولد می شدم و بر گونه هایت زندگی می کردم و بر لبانت می مُردم تا بدانی چقدر عاشق تو هستم.
    I wish I was a tear drop....who is born in your eyes and lives on your cheeks and dies on your lips so that you know how much I love you...

dana l said:

Dear I searched and found some Farsi sentences...but they are not famous quotes just some ordinary sentences about love...I put some of them for you and if u like them just let me know to put the rest for you

باران کـه میبـارد......
    دلـم بـرایت تنـگ تـر می شـود.....
    راه می افـتم ...
    بـدون چـتـر ...
    من بـغض می کنـم ...
    آسمـان گـریـه ...
    When It rains
    I misses you more
    I start walking
    without the umbrella
    I'm about to cry
    But the sky cries

عشق کنار هم ایستادن زیر باران نیست...!!! عشق این است که یکی برای دیگری چتر شود و دیگری هرگز نفهمد چرا خیس نشد
    Love is not standing next to each other under the rain....
    Love is one becomes the umbrella for the other one and the other one doesn't realize at all why she didn't get wet...!!!

کاش قطره ای اشک بودم که در چشمانت متولد می شدم و بر گونه هایت زندگی می کردم و بر لبانت می مُردم تا بدانی چقدر عاشق تو هستم.
    I wish I was a tear drop....who is born in your eyes and lives on your cheeks and dies on your lips so that you know how much I love you...
    Thanks . Please can you write in farsi (like: salam/khodafez..and so on, not with characters (سمـان گـریـه ...) because I have to write on calendar and I can't write it...I don't know to write in this way..
    I don't khow if you understandand what I want to say..
    Thanks so much

dana l said:

Thanks . Please can you write in farsi (like: salam/khodafez..and so on, not with characters (سمـان گـریـه ...) because I have to write on calendar and I can't write it...I don't know to write in this way..
    I don't khow if you understandand what I want to say..
    Thanks so much
    Or, if it's easier for you, I found some quotes in english..and I pleaseee (lotfan) translate for me in farsi (without characters.. )).

1.Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.- Peter Ustinov

2.Experience is how life catches up with us and teaches us to love and forgive each other. – Judy Collins

3.Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic.- Martin Luther King, Jr.

4.Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.- Gary Zukav

5.I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out. – Elizabeth Barrett Browning

6.Love is a choice you make from moment to moment. – Barbara De Angelis

7.Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much a heart can hold. – Zelda Fitzgerald

8.Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.”

9.Sometimes,you will never know the true value of a moment,until it becomes a memory !

10." ... and if I lose you I'm afraid I will lose who I gave my love to... "

11.Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.

12.Sometimes people throw away something good for something better, only to find out later that good was actually good enough and better never even came close.

13.In life, you get what you put in. Everything comes back around.

14.True love isn’t about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated.

15.No relationship is a waste of time. The wrong ones teach you the lessons that prepare you for the right ones.

16.Respect is earned, honesty is appreciated, trust is gained, and loyalty is returned.

17.You don’t really need someone to complete you. You only need someone to accept you completely.

18.When it comes to relationships, remaining faithful is never an option but a priority. Loyalty is everything.

19.Falling in love is not a choice. To stay in love is.

20.Love means giving someone the chance to hurt you, but trusting them not to.

Thanks a lot. Anyway, if you have more ideas..it's wellcome . Boos

20. Annamįria Csucsu Gattyįn said:

I wanted to translate: I gave my all for you and now i my heart's in two.
    Is this correct?
    من همه برای تو دادم و قلب من الان در دو دارم