Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Enoo View Post
    Ooooooh merciiii

So beautiful to see

^^ من باید بیشتر کار کنم تا فارسی بهتر صحبت کنم

(You should have seen me typing this hehe )
    heheYour Farsi handwriting is excellent

Enoo said:

Kheyli mamnooooon

yeah I didn't know exactly which order the words should be placed in... As Xaniar said "bekhand bishtar ta faramoosh koni" I just pasted it What is the tense of "konam"? Is it a future tense?
    Even after all this time
    The Sun never says to the Earth
    « You owe me »
    Look what happens with a love like that
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Kheyli mamnooooon

yeah I didn't know exactly which order the words should be placed in... As Xaniar said "bekhand bishtar ta faramoosh koni" I just pasted it What is the tense of "konam"? Is it a future tense?
    Hehe...as you know in the songs that are kinda Rap the order of the words can be different or even wrong!!!!!!
    Hmmmm, I'm not sure actuallyI guess it is "subjunctive", maybe

Enoo said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    Hehe...as you know in the songs that are kinda Rap the order of the words can be different or even wrong!!!!!!
    haha okay I see that no matter the language or the place, some things are similar everywhere
    Hmmmm, I'm not sure actuallyI guess it is "subjunctive", maybe
    Subjunctive? Oh I feel like it's gonna add a lot of fun So if i want to form a present subjunctive, I have to add the suffixes (-am, -i, -ad, -im, -id, -and) to the present root, but without the prefix "mi"?
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

haha okay I see that no matter the language or the place, some things are similar everywhere

Subjunctive? Oh I feel like it's gonna add a lot of fun So if i want to form a present subjunctive, I have to add the suffixes (-am, -i, -ad, -im, -id, -and) to the present root, but without the prefix "mi"?
    Yes my smart friend The only difference is that instead of "mi" you have to add "be"(ب") at the beginning but in some situations "be" can be omitted....
    For example the sentence that u said :من باید بیشتر کار کنم تا فارسی بهتر صحبت کنم" can be like this as well :"
    من باید بیشتر کار بکنم تا فارسی بهتر صحبت بکنم
    another example :

1-Give me the key so I can open the door>>>کلید رو به من بده تا بتونم در رو باز بکنم(Kilid ro be man bede ta betoonam dar ro baz bokonam)
    In fact whenever you have the verb " kardan",when you wanna make it into subjuctive you can add "be" or you can just make it without "be"....there is no difference and usually we ourselves omit "be"...

2-If I see you I'll give you the book>>> (Age to ro bebinam ketabo be to midam)اگه تو رو ببینم، کتاب رو به تو میدم

3-If you come with me I'll buy you an ice-cream>>>(Age ba man biyay,barat bastani mikharam.اگه با من بیای برات بستنی میخرم

The second and 3rd one is conditional sentences and it can be a bit hard for you at the beginning,and If you didn't get it completely it's okay, still we have to work on other tense, then you can learn conditional easier

Enoo said:

Kheyli mamnoon dear Pinky!! It's more clear now and your examples are a very useful illustration for your explanations. yeah maybe the last ones are more difficult but it's good to have examples to refer to, once I have them in mind, it's really easier to learn which tense it is.

About this sentence: "Kilid ro be man bede ta betoonam dar ro baz bokonam", the verbs "can" and "open" (baz kardar?) are both conjugated? Would it be false to say: "... ta betoonam dar ro baz kardar"?
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

7. ps said:

Salam,

I've borrowed the books "Farsi Aval Dabestan -Bekhoonim" and "-Benevisim" last week. I'm learning Farsi with them.
    Now, I need to extend my vocabulary and I have to get into the way of writing with Farsi letters.

I've got a question;
    I'm hearing "albate", "aslan" and "hatman" very often. But in some dialogs it doesn't make sense for me.
    Could someone give some examples with this words, please?

Khodahafez

pinky_girl said:

Kheyli mamnoon dear Pinky!! It's more clear now and your examples are a very useful illustration for your explanations. yeah maybe the last ones are more difficult but it's good to have examples to refer to, once I have them in mind, it's really easier to learn which tense it is.

About this sentence: "Kilid ro be man bede ta betoonam dar ro baz bokonam", the verbs "can" and "open" (baz kardar?) are both conjugated? Would it be false to say: "... ta betoonam dar ro baz kardar"?
    Khahesh mikonamyeah, I alway try to memorize good sentences so whenever I wanna make other sentences those memorized ones can be really helpful
    in this sentence"Kilid ro be man bede ta betoonam dar ro baz bokonam" the verb "to open" is "Baz kardan"(باز کردن)
    Whenever you see a verb which has 'kardan' in it, if you wan to make it into subjunctive, you should change it to 'konam/koni/konad....
    Examples:
    the verb"to clean" is " tamiz kardan">>>تمیز کردن or the verb ' to look at' is "negah kardan"

Their subjunctive would be>>>
    Tamiz kardan(infinitive)_______Tamiz konam(=so that I clean)
    ________Tamiz koni(= so that you clean)
    ________Tamiz konad(tamiz kone)(=so that he/she cleans)
    ________Tamiz konim(= so that we clean)
    _________Tamiz konid(=so that you clean)
    __________Tamiz konand(tamiz konan)(=so that they clean)

The verb " negah kardan=To look at "is the same
    Negah konam
    Negah koni
    Negah konad>>>Negah kone(informal)
    Negah konim
    Negah konid>>>Negah konin(informal)
    Negah konand>>Negah konan(informal)

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by ps View Post
    Salam,

I've borrowed the books "Farsi Aval Dabestan -Bekhoonim" and "-Benevisim" last week. I'm learning Farsi with them.
    Now, I need to extend my vocabulary and I have to get into the way of writing with Farsi letters.

I've got a question;
    I'm hearing "albate", "aslan" and "hatman" very often. But in some dialogs it doesn't make sense for me.
    Could someone give some examples with this words, please?

Khodahafez
    Salam ps janhalet chetore?ok let's get started I give you some examples and you can also tell me the sentences that don't make sense to you and I will explain them for you

Hatman:>>>It means "for sure",definitely,certainly

1- Hatman bahat miyam>>>I come with you for sure
    2-Hatman behesh begoo>>>Make sure to tell her/him

Aslan:>>>It means "at all"
    1-I don't like this book at all>>>In ketabo aslan doost nadarm/Az in ketab aslan khosham nemiyad
    **in some sentences we use "aslan" but it doesn mean "at all"....actually I don't know exactly what it means cause there is no equivalent in English for it**
    maybe in some situations it means "anymore".....and It comes with "dige"
    Aslan dige nemiyam>>>>I don't come anymore!

Albate:>>Of course,surely

Do you want an ice-cream?Of course>>>Ye bastani mikhay?Albate

***sometimes in some sentences it can be translated as "but"***
    I saw her but with his boyfriend!>>>Man didamesh albate ba doost pesaresh!

10. ps said:

Tashakor mikonam, shoma chetorid?

"Hatman" is clear now. Thanks.
    --
    Ah I see.. There was a dialog like this: "Chera az nan estefade nemikoni?" -"Na, aslan...na.."
    Now, it's clear.

--
    What is about the word order with "albate"?
    Yani as you said: -"Bastani mikhay?" -"Mikham albate." or "Albate mikham."? Is it important?

Thank you again pinky_girl aziz!
    Khodahafez

pinky_girl said:

Tashakor mikonam, shoma chetorid?

"Hatman" is clear now. Thanks.
    --
    Ah I see.. There was a dialog like this: "Chera az nan estefade nemikoni?" -"Na, aslan...na.."
    Now, it's clear.

--
    What is about the word order with "albate"?
    Yani as you said: -"Bastani mikhay?" -"Mikham albate." or "Albate mikham."? Is it important?

Thank you again pinky_girl aziz!
    Khodahafez
    Man ham khoobam ,manoon
    If you wanna answer with 'albate" you can say >>>Bastani mikhay? Albate ke mikham
    But "Albate" can be a bit formal so we usually say in daily conversations "Maloome ke mikham"(=literally it means "it's obvious that I want)
    Another example :
    Do you come with me? of course/sure>>>Ba man miyay?maloome ke miyam

You're welcome dear ps

12. ps said:

Besyar khoob. Dastetoon dard nakone pinky_girl jan , kheyli mamnoon.

Khodahafez

amaryn said:

So we should thank our friends for asking such useful questions

Absolutely! With fascination I follow also the diligence of the new pupil Enoo, whose questions have helped me again on my own way to
    learn this fabulous language. Of course it needs a fabulous teacher too

14. rania_noori said:

Salaam everyone there is a new member ...ME so excited to ask all my questions . bebakhshed, Farsi e man bad ast. Hopefully I can change that soon ishallah

Thank you this helped a lot!
    Last edited by Mixalopoulos; 02-18-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Double post. Please use Edit Post

amaryn said:

Salam! Asr bekheyr!

1. Is it a rule that the second verb in a sentence is always a subjunctif?
    Can I have some examples?

2. Is that also true for the auxiliary verbs like for example: I want her to come / I want to ask you, etc?

3. What if it looks like this: I would like you to dance......
    Also some examples please

Kheyli mamnoon!

PS: If this has been discussed before I still would like some examples

pinky_girl said:

Besyar khoob. Dastetoon dard nakone pinky_girl jan , kheyli mamnoon.

Khodahafez
    Khahesh mikonam dooste azizam

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Absolutely! With fascination I follow also the diligence of the new pupil Enoo, whose questions have helped me again on my own way to
    learn this fabulous language. Of course it needs a fabulous teacher too
    Awwwwwwwww you always makes me blush!!!Thank you for your nice words

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by rania_noori View Post
    Salaam everyone there is a new member ...ME so excited to ask all my questions . bebakhshed, Farsi e man bad ast. Hopefully I can change that soon ishallah

Thank you this helped a lot!
    Salam Rania jan...khoobi?I'm so exited to answer your questions,tooNo problem dear, it'll get better and better...trust me

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Salam! Asr bekheyr!

1. Is it a rule that the second verb in a sentence is always a subjunctif?
    Can I have some examples?

2. Is that also true for the auxiliary verbs like for example: I want her to come / I want to ask you, etc?

3. What if it looks like this: I would like you to dance......
    Also some examples please

Kheyli mamnoon!

PS: If this has been discussed before I still would like some examples
    Salam my dear student...asre to ham bekheyr
    Your questions are very good , bravo...now the answers....
    I must confess that I didn't realized that the second verb is always subjunctive until you asked me....But after thinking a bit I found out yeah they are subjunctives
    Here are some examples:

1-I want to teach you Farsi>>>Man mikham(Simple Present) be shoma Farsi Yad bedam(subjunctive)

2-My mom tells me to wash the dishes>>>Mamanam be man mige(Simple Present) zarfha ro(the dishes) beshooram(subjunctive)

3-I go out to buy a sandwich>>>Man biroon miram(Simple Present) ye sandewich bekharam(subjunctive)

This rule is also for the auxiliary verbs....

Examples:

1-I want her to come=Azash mikham ke biyad(subjunctive)

2-I want to ask you=Mikham azat(az to) beporsam(subjunctive)

3-I would like you to dance=Azat mikham beraghsi(subjunctive)

4-I ask you to go=Azat mikham beri(subjunctive)

5-I would like you to stay =Azat mikham bemooni(subjunctive)

amaryn said:

Kheyli mamnoon, azizam!

Does this mean that the second verb appears in the infinitiv form +"be" in front of it (bedam, beshooram, bekharam...)

Which changes happen to the subjunctiv form when there is an auxiliary form in front, as then the endings are different?
    (mikham beporsam, bemooni, beraghsi, biyad..? Are there rules to be remembered?
    It looks rather strange to me......