Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None

Enoo said:

If I let your question unanswered dear, it's because I leave it up to Amaryn to answer it. I know he has the right words to explain has he's used to juggle with them to create poetry

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    Yep! we can consider it as an art and sometimes it's even hard for me to read what's written....my sister took "Nastealigh" classes and has certificate,too and so it's easy for her to read this kind of handwriting but for me sometimes is hardhahahahaha...sometimes they use some points that they don't belong to any letter, they just use those points to make the handwriting more beautiful and fill the blanks!!!
    Awwwwwww glad that at least you like my handwriting!yOU're so welcome
    That's comforting to know that even for you it is sometimes hard to read Nastealigh ^^ Oh they add clandestine points??? that's terribly tricky

Okay what about a new tense? How do you form the second present? Is it used like "be + ING" in English?
    Even after all this time
    The Sun never says to the Earth
    « You owe me »
    Look what happens with a love like that
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Yeah azizam, they do everything to make this handwriting harder and harder
    OK now "Present continuous Tense"...First I conjugate a verb for you ( to eat=khordan=خوردن)

I'm eating = Man daram mikhoram=من دارم می خورم

You're eating=To dari mikhori=تو داری می خوری

He/she's eating=Ou darad mikhorad_________ oun dare mikhore(informal)=او دارد می خورد/اون داره میخوره

We're eating=Ma darim mikhorim=ما داریم می خوریم

You're eating=Shoma darid mihorid__________Shoma darin mikhorin(informal)=شما دارید می خورید/شما دارین می خورین

They're eating=Anha darand mikhorand_______Ouna daran mikhoran(informal)=

آنها دارند می خورند/اونا دارن می خورن
    As you see, it's like Simple Present but the only difference is that we add "daram/dari/darad/darim/darid/darand" in the middle to show the continuity of the action do you remember the suffix I tole you before? like "am/i/ad/im/id/and"? well these suffix will be added to the present root of the main verb and the present root of the auxiliary verb "dashtan" !!!

here is the formula:
    Subject+ dar(the present root of dashtan)+ suffix (am/i/ad/im/id/and) + mi+present root of the verb+siffix

remember that the suffix which you're gonna add to the present root of the auxiliary and the main verb must be the same!!

some other examples:

I'm buying=Man daram mikharam=من دارم می خرم

you're buying=To dari mikhari= تو داری می خری

He/she's buying=Ou darad mikharad/Oun dare mikhare(informal)=او دارد می خرد/اون داره می خره

We're buying=Ma darim mikharim=ما داریم می خریم

You're buying=Shoma darid mikharid/shoma darin mikharin(informal)=شما دارید می خرید/شما دارین می خرین

They're buying=Anha darand mikharand/Ouna daran mikharan=
    آنها دارند می خرند/اونا دارن می خرن

pinky_girl said:

Now it's your turn conjugate these verbs completely:
    1-to be+dancing>>(raghsidan)
    2-to be+seeing>>(didan)

Enoo said:

Oooooh this is so easy learning with your very clear explanations dear Pinky! Thank you very much for your amazing work!! (If i want to say it in Farsi, what would it be? My try is: برای کر قشنگه خیلی متشکرم )

Homework

Present continuous for Raghsidan:

I'm dancing = Man daram miraghsam = من دارم میرقصم
    You're dancing = To dari miraghsi = تو داری میرقصی
    He/She is dancing = Ou darad miraghsad // Oun dare miraghse = او دارد میرقصد // اون داره میرقصه
    We're dancing = Ma darim miraghsim = ما داریم میرقصیم
    You're dancing = Shoma darid miraghsid // Shoma darin miraghsin = شما دارید میرقصید // شما دارین میرقصین
    They're dancing = Anha darand miraghsand // Ouna daran miraghsan = انها دارند میرقصند // اونا دارن میرقصان

Present continuous for Didan

I'm seeing = Man daram mibinam = من دارم میبینم
    You're seeing = To dari mibini = تو داری میبینی
    He/She is seeing = Ou darad mibinad // Oun dare mibine = او دارد میبیند // اون داره میبینه
    We're seeing = Ma darim mibinim = ما داریم میبینیم
    You're seeing = Shoma darid mibinid // Shoma darin mibinin = شما دارید میبینید // شما دارین میبینین
    They're seeing = Anha darand mibinand // Ouna daran mibinan = انها دارند میبینند // اونا دارن میبینن

Is it correct? ^^
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Ah bon?maybe it's not because of my explanation, it's because you are very smart!
    Thank you very much for your amazing work!!=برای کار قشنگت خیلی متشکرم
    your sentence was almost correctnow that we are talking about "great job/good job and so on"let me teach you some good phrases

You did a great job=Karet ali bood=کارت عالی بود

You did a good job=Karet khoob bood=کارت خوب بود

***there are two sentences which I guess there is no equivalent in English but they have the same meaning like the sentences above:

1-Karet harf nadare=کارت حرف نداره >>> it means 'you did a great job/I can't say a word cause you did it perfectly'

2-Karet doroste=کارت درسته >>>it means "you know how to do things rightly!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww you impressed me again, your homework was flawlessyou did a very very great job
    Karet kheyli doroste

Enoo said:

Oooooooh thank you very much ^^ Nooo I'm not smart, actually my memory looks like Swiss cheese but it works surprisingly well for things that I don't have to learn Kheyli mamnoon for your nice words, it's encouraging me so well!

Nice sentences thankssss
    So to say "your" I must add ت in the end of the last noun/adjective? Is "Kar to" correct too?
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

You're welcomeeeeeeeeeeeee, my pleasure dear

yes, you gotta add "t" in the end of the noun :
    your book =Ketabet/Ketabe to=کتابت/کتاب تو

your picture= Akset /Akse to=عکست/عکس تو

pinky_girl said:

But when you have adjective+noun:

Your good book=Ketabe khoobet/Ketabe khoobe to

Your beautiful picture=Akse ghashanget/Akse ghashange to

Your beautiful voice=Sedaye ghashanget/Sedaye ghashange to

Enoo said:

Merciii I understand now Does it work the same for my,his/her/its, our, your (pl), their?
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

My book=Ketabam/ Ketabe man>>کتابم/کتاب من

My picture=Aksam/akse man>>عکسم/عکس من

His/her book=Ketabesh/ ketabe ou>>کتابش/کتاب او

Your(plural) book=Ketabetan/Ketabetoon / ketabe shoma>>>کتابتان/کتابتون/کتاب شما

Their book=Ketabeshan/ketabeshoon/ketabe anha>>>کتابشان/کتابشون/کتاب آنها

Enoo said:

Oh kheyli mamnoon Pinky jan, this will be very usefull to me ) I see you have many possibilities to express possession
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

pinky_girl said:

Khahesh mikonam Enoo jan...yes that's rightNow it's time for a little homework....
    Express possession just lie I did with these words

1=Medad=مداد (pencil)
    2-Daftar=دفتر (notebook)

Enoo said:

mmh how about this:

My pencil = Medadam/medade man مدادم / مداد من
    Your pencil = Medadet/medade to مدادت / مداد تو
    His/Her pencil = Medadesh/medade ou مدادش / مداد او
    Your (pl) pencil = Medadetan/medadetoon/medade shoma مدادتان / مدادتون / مداد شما
    Their pencil = Medadeshan/medadeshoon/medade anha مدادشان / مدادشون / مداد انها

(How would it be for "our" lotfan? "Medade ma مداد ما"?)

My notebook = Daftaram/daftare man دفترم / دفتر من
    Your notebook = Daftaret/daftare to دفترت / دفتر تو
    His/Her notebook = Daftaresh/daftare ou دفترش / دفتر او
    Your (pl) notebook = Daftaretan/daftaretoon/daftare shoma دفترتان / دفترتون / دفتر شما
    Their notebook = Daftareshan/daftareshoon/daftare anha دفترشان / دفترشون / دفتر انها

What if I want to say : "my friend's book"? it would be "Ketabe dooste man"? Or you have something like the English 's?
    And if I want to say "mine, yours, his/hers, ours, yours, theirs"? Like for example in this:
    "- Is it your book?
    - Yes, it's mine.
    "
    Even after all this time
    « You owe me »
    It lights the whole sky

-حافظ

amaryn said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    by the way amaryn what's the meaning of this expression:Good Old Writing With The Tongue Hanging On Your Shoes,???Seems a bit weird to me...I can't figure it out
    oooo you had to wait so long for the answer: well we mean with that that you probably use handwriting, moving your hand very slowly and precisely to make it look as beautiful as it should and to make no mistakes: little children , when concentrating on
    doing something which is difficult, a challenge, stick their tongue out and we say "it hangs on your shoes"
    No wonder we call ourselves "double Dutch", lmao

pinky_girl said:

It's okay I'm patient Oh I see, that's a cute and funny expression. thanks for your explanation

amaryn said:

Now if I use plural, like: my books is that "ketabha man"
    your books : "ketabha to "
    his books: "ketabha ou "
    but how to continue with our/your/their books?

and what happens if I add for example "my own books"?

PS: thanks for all your great explanations here between friday and today. So much

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Enoo View Post
    mmh how about this:

My pencil = Medadam/medade man مدادم / مداد من
    Your pencil = Medadet/medade to مدادت / مداد تو
    His/Her pencil = Medadesh/medade ou مدادش / مداد او
    Your (pl) pencil = Medadetan/medadetoon/medade shoma مدادتان / مدادتون / مداد شما
    Their pencil = Medadeshan/medadeshoon/medade anha مدادشان / مدادشون / مداد انها

(How would it be for "our" lotfan? "Medade ma مداد ما"?)

My notebook = Daftaram/daftare man دفترم / دفتر من
    Your notebook = Daftaret/daftare to دفترت / دفتر تو
    His/Her notebook = Daftaresh/daftare ou دفترش / دفتر او
    Your (pl) notebook = Daftaretan/daftaretoon/daftare shoma دفترتان / دفترتون / دفتر شما
    Their notebook = Daftareshan/daftareshoon/daftare anha دفترشان / دفترشون / دفتر انها

What if I want to say : "my friend's book"? it would be "Ketabe dooste man"? Or you have something like the English 's?
    And if I want to say "mine, yours, his/hers, ours, yours, theirs"? Like for example in this:
    "- Is it your book?
    - Yes, it's mine.
    "
    Afarin(bravo) azizaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam...they are completely correctOoops I forgot to tell you "our"

Our book=Ketabemoon(informal)/ketabeman/
    ketabe ma

My friend's book=Ketabe doostam/ketabe dooste man>>>>>>>>>>Wow,you said it rightwell done

My friend's bag=Kife doostam/kife dooste man>>>کیف دوستم/کیف دوست من

It's mine=Male mane(informal)/male man ast/hast>>مال منه/مال من است/هست

It's yours=Male toe(informal)/male to ast/hast>>مال توئه/مال تو است/هست

It's his/hers=Male oune(informal)/male ou ast/hast>>مال اونه/مال او است/هست

It's ours=Male mast(informal)/male ma ast/hast>>مال ماست/مال ما است/هست

It's yours=Male shomast(informal)/ male shoma ast/hast>>مال شماست/ما شما است/هست

It's theirs=Male ounast(informal)/male anha ast/hast>>مال اوناست/مال آها است/هست

pinky_girl said:

Another example:

My car is black=Mashine man (my car) siyah ast (is black)>>ماشین من سیاه است/هست

other ways to say this sentence which are more informal>>Mashinam siyahe/mashinam meshkiye (***siyah & meshki, both means "black")>>>ماشینم سیاهه/ماشینم مشکیه

Mine is white=Male man sefid ast/hast>>مال من سفید است/هست
    (informal)>>Male man sefide!>>مال من سفیده

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by amaryn View Post
    Now if I use plural, like: my books is that "ketabha man"
    your books : "ketabha to "
    his books: "ketabha ou "
    but how to continue with our/your/their books?

and what happens if I add for example "my own books"?

PS: thanks for all your great explanations here between friday and today. So much
    Good questions

My books=Ketabhaye man/ Ketabhayam/ketabaam(informal)>>>کتاب های من/کتاب هایم/کتابام

Your books=Ketabhaye to/Ketabhayat/Ketabaat(informal)>>کتاب های تو/کتاب هایت/کتابت

His/her books=Ketabhaye ou/Ketabhayash/Ketabaash(informal)>>کتاب های او/کتاب هایش/کتاباش

Our books=Ketabhaye ma/ketabhayeman/ketabaamoon(informal)>>کتاب های ما/کتاب هایمان/کتابامون

Your books=Ketabhaye shoma/ketabhayetan/Ketabaatoon(informal)>>کتاب های شما/کتاب هایتان/کتاباتون

Their books=Ketabhaye anha/KetabhayeshanKetabaashoon(informal)>>کتاب های آنها/کتاب هایشان/کتابشون

pinky_girl said:

My own books=Ketabhaye khodam/Ketabaye khodam(informal)>>کتاب های خودم/کتابای خودم

Your own books=Ketabhaye khodat/Ketabaye khodet(inf)>>کتاب های خودت/کتابای خودت

His/her own books=Ketabhaye khodash/ketabaye khodesh(inf)>>کتاب های خودش/کتابای خودش

Our own books=Ketabhaye khodeman/Ketabaye khodemoon(inf)>>کتاب های خودمان/کتابای خودمون

Your own books=Ketabhaye khodetan/ketabaye khodetoon(inf)>>کتاب های خودتان/کتابای خودتون

Their own books=Ketabhaye khodeshan/ketabaye khodeshoon(inf)>>کتاب های خودشان/کتابای خودشون