Learning Persian and common questions

Thread: Learning Persian and common questions

Tags: None
  1. aspwow said:

How can I say "LET ME BE HAPPY LET ME BE SAD" in persian ? Transliteration and persian script, please?
    Last edited by aspwow; 01-20-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Risha said:

How can I say "Forever Yours" in persian (dari)? Transliteration and persian script, please?

3. RoxyRoshan said:

Dorood I'm new to this forum.. Well, not exactly new, been coming here many years for translations, but new in the sense that I finally made an acccount. I'm half Iranian, but my Farsi skills could be (a lot) better, so I've decided to learn how to read & write Farsi.
    I'm currently reading ماهی سیاه کوچولو, which I love so far, but I do have a lot of questions regarding some translations and spelling.

1.What does: '!حالا هم وقت گیر آوردی' (hala ham vaght gir avordi) literally mean?

2.When I looked up the pronounciation of بگذار on Frovo (http://www.forvo.com/word/%D8%A8%DA%...8%A7%D8%B1/#fa ), I saw that it's pronounced 'begozar', but does it have a different pronounciation when using it in everyday life? (I'm thinking of 'begzar'.. or is that a completely different word?)

3.In the sentence: 'حرفات را بگذار برای بعد' I believe 'بگذار' means something along the lines of 'save it for later', but when I look up the definition on perdic.com it says 'let him do as he pleases'. Am I interpreting the sentence wrong or is it just a bad definition?

4.Sometimes I notice that certain words are written with وا instead of what you'd normally expect, example: میخوام. I would expect it to be written like میخام. The same counts for خوانواده, which I would expect to be written like خانواده. Is there a certain rule for this, or are these just specific words you have to remember?

5.I also do not understand why you usually write می خام (so the ye and kh separated) instead of میخام. Are both forms correct? I've noticed it with a lot of words, sometimes I see: نمیدونم and sometimes its written like:نمی دونم.

6. What is the translation of نیموجب?

Sorry, a lot of questions all at once, but I hope you can answer them
    Merci
    Last edited by RoxyRoshan; 12-09-2013 at 05:47 PM.

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by RoxyRoshan View Post
    Dorood I'm new to this forum.. Well, not exactly new, been coming here many years for translations, but new in the sense that I finally made an acccount. I'm half Iranian, but my Farsi skills could be (a lot) better, so I've decided to learn how to read & write Farsi.
    I'm currently reading ماهی سیاه کوچولو, which I love so far, but I do have a lot of questions regarding some translations and spelling.

1.What does: '!حالا هم وقت گیر آوردی' (hala ham vaght gir avordi) literally mean?

2.When I looked up the pronounciation of بگذار on Frovo (http://www.forvo.com/word/%D8%A8%DA%...8%A7%D8%B1/#fa ), I saw that it's pronounced 'begozar', but does it have a different pronounciation when using it in everyday life? (I'm thinking of 'begzar'.. or is that a completely different word?)

3.In the sentence: 'حرفات را بگذار برای بعد' I believe 'بگذار' means something along the lines of 'save it for later', but when I look up the definition on perdic.com it says 'let him do as he pleases'. Am I interpreting the sentence wrong or is it just a bad definition?

4.Sometimes I notice that certain words are written with وا instead of what you'd normally expect, example: میخوام. I would expect it to be written like میخام. The same counts for خوانواده, which I would expect to be written like خانواده. Is there a certain rule for this, or are these just specific words you have to remember?

5.I also do not understand why you usually write می خام (so the ye and kh separated) instead of میخام. Are both forms correct? I've noticed it with a lot of words, sometimes I see: نمیدونم and sometimes its written like:نمی دونم.

6. What is the translation of نیموجب?

Sorry, a lot of questions all at once, but I hope you can answer them
    Merci
    Hi dear Roxy and nice to meet uI'm glad u finally made an accountU did the right thing!!

!حالا هم وقت گیر آوردی=It means It's not the right time to do it!

بگذار=Formally it's pronounced "Begozar" but in daily life we say "Bezar".

حرفات را بگذار برای بعد=save your words for later

actually there is no rule for writing words with "خا/خوا"...u should just memorize the words..!!I give u some examples to memorize:
    خواهر=sister

خواب=sleep

خواستن=to want

خانواده=family

خاویار=caviar

خانه=home

خالی=empty

خواندن=to read

خوابیدن=to sleep

خواهش میکنم=You're welcome

خاطره=memory

نیموجب=tiny/very little thing..it is usually used for little kids!

5. aspwow said:

Peyghambare Rahmat پیغمبر رحمت
    Engar Ashegh Shodam انگار عاشق شدم
    Gharib غریب
    Kam Miaramet کم میارمت
    Miaramet میارمت
    what's means???
    Please afsaneh answer.
    does anyone know پښتو (pashtun) there?

WannaBFluent said:

please, translation and transliteration!

خوش اومدي؛ مُشَرَّف!
    كي بود تلنگش در رفت؟

i know it is in a context of pointing a person jokingly when (s)he has fart.
    العربية (arabic) // বাংলা (bengali) // हिन्दी (hindi) // kurmancî (kurdish) // فارسی (farsi)
    ਪੰਜਾਬੀ (punjabi) // soomaali (somali) // தமிழ் (tamil) // türkçe (turkish) // اُردو (urdu)

7. Rafael Souza said:

Hi, I live in Brazil, so I may spell something wrong and for that I'm sorry. I am very moved by a proverb, I learned it in portuguese first. Short version: it's a story about a king who demands an ring from a wise man which would contain a phrase that would be useful in both good and bad times. After a while the wise man gives a ring to the king with the phrase "Isso também passará", which means in English "This too shall pass", but I guess you already know that. I was going to get a tattoo with the phrase in English, but doing some research I learned that the original proverb is Persian and I realized it would be even a greater inappropriate cultural appropriation to tattoo it in English than in Persian and I want to honor the people who really created it and their beautiful language and culture. So I used the tools I had, lol, I searched for the phrase "این نیز بگذرد" on Google images and found a lot of those BEAUTIFUL "drawings" (I suppose it has an appropriate name, but I really don't know it and I am sorry for it, I don't mean to be disrespectful) like this one: http://azizihonar.com/fa/uploads/nam...-shiraz-40.jpg and I am very moved to tattoo it, but I need to know if it really means what I want. Thank you all very much.

P.S.: A friend of mine who speaks Arabic told me about this forum, I am learning a lot, thank you very much!

pinky_girl said:

yes "این نیز بگذرد" means it's gonna pass,too

9. Rafael Souza said:

Quote Originally Posted by pinky_girl View Post
    yes "این نیز بگذرد" means it's gonna pass,too
    Oh, thank you, but and this "drawing"? Does it mean too? http://www.azizihonar.com/fa/uploads...-shiraz-40.jpg 'Cause I'd really wanna tattoo it, if this means "This too shall pass". I am sorry for asking again, but I really don't want to make it wrong since it's permanent lol

10. aspwow said:

How can I say "oh my god" in persian? Transliteration and persian script, please?
    Last edited by aspwow; 01-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.

pinky_girl said:

Quote Originally Posted by Rafael Souza View Post
    Oh, thank you, but and this "drawing"? Does it mean too? http://www.azizihonar.com/fa/uploads...-shiraz-40.jpg 'Cause I'd really wanna tattoo it, if this means "This too shall pass". I am sorry for asking again, but I really don't want to make it wrong since it's permanent lol
    Yes,the drawing is totally the same and correct

12. aspwow said:

How can I say "write" in persian
    Last edited by aspwow; 03-03-2014 at 02:12 AM.

13. Rafael Souza said:

Thank you very much, sir!

zucute said:

awesome, it's lovely to learn persian language....
    actually, since i admire Marjane Satrapi's works

kheyli mamnon, for explaining it and easy to understand ...

15. aspwow said:

سی دل دخترکای خوشگله what's means?
    Translate to english for me
    Please someone answer me !
    Thanks!!

afsaneh said:

سی دل دخترکای خوشگله
    For the heart of the pretty girls.
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

17. aspwow said:

Peyghambare Rahmat پیغمبر رحمت
    Engar Ashegh Shodam انگار عاشق شدم
    Gharib غریب
    Miaramet میارمت
    Behesht Roya بهشت رویا
    what's means???
    Please afsaneh answer,thanks!

afsaneh said:

Peyghambare Rahmat ----- the prophet of mercy
    Engar Ashegh Shodam ----- it seems I’ve fallen in love
    Gharib ---- stranger
    Miaramet ---- (I need the word before this verb!)
    Behesht Roya ----- dream’s paradise
    Shakespeare

afsaneh said:

Quote Originally Posted by aspwow View Post
    How can I say "LET ME BE HAPPY LET ME BE SAD" in persian ? Transliteration and persian script, please?
    Begzaar khoshhaal baasham بگذار خوشحال باشم
    Begzaar ghamgin baasham بگذار غمگین باشم
    How can I say "oh my god" in persian? Transliteration and persian script, please?
    Vaay khodaaye man وای خدای من
    what's means write in persian
    to write: neveshtan نوشتن
    write: benevis بنویس
    Shakespeare

afsaneh said:

Quote Originally Posted by Risha View Post
    How can I say "Forever Yours" in persian (dari)? Transliteration and persian script, please?
    ارادتمند شما = eraadatmande shomaa
    Shakespeare