[SOLVED]Help finding a song's name of late 90's and early 2000's

Thread: [SOLVED]Help finding a song's name of late 90's and early 2000's

Tags: None
  1. Gmafz7 said:

Red face [SOLVED]Help finding a song's name of late 90's and early 2000's

Hello people.

A couple of days ago I remembered a song that I saw on a tv commercial (local TV, and I'm outside US) a long time ago and it's either late 1990's or early 2000's but its driving me crazy.

The chrous goes woo-hoo-hoooooooo(x2), (the last hoo is a bit longer) which is then followed by a guitar riff.

It isn'st song2 from Blur, but I remember is like alt. rock and is fast paced, I'm not sure if the woo hoo is sung by the singer (i'm certain is a man) or a female chorus. But i's not very high pitched. I know with such little info this would be almost impossible but I got nothing to lose and I've received good help from here before.

It doesn't sounds like Club Foot form Kasabian, but I think it sounds like a band uncommon guitar riffs like that one. In other words, like bands that appeared during this times and had a fresh and very distinctive sound.

Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S. On totally randomness I found a song whose guitar riff is quite similar to the one I'm looking for: Wild Flower by The Cult
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yLVu...RHz&playnext=3
    The riff is very similar but faster, and from what I remember it only uses the first notes of the riff and continues using it monotously.
    Last edited by Gmafz7; 08-22-2010 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Problem Solved

2. bugmenot1 said:

"Bohemian Like You" by The Dandy Warhols
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTcihBUWIVA

3. jp12345 said:

Thumbs up

Good thing you found that Cult song because I instantly knew the song with the same riff...

Since bugmenot figured it out first, I'll just add that their album "Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia" is awesome.

Dapps said:

Got all their albums, terrific band

5. Gmafz7 said:

Talking Yeaaaaaah!!

porlascienmilreverendasputas!!! (I had to curse on my language sorry I'm simply astonished).

WOW!!! You guys sure know what you do. I've been looking for this for a while before and then forgot about it, but thanks to youtube and The Cult, I remembered it again and I was able to provide for the necessary hint.

Thanks a lot mates now I can rock out to this song anytime I want, and I can rest my mind at peace.

I suck at remembering lyrics (even in spanish) but never the melody!!, so I'll try to collaborate here every now and then, and hopefully I'll be able to expand my music library in the process.