SOLVED: "Love High" late 80s, early 90s R&B/quiet storm song

Thread: SOLVED: "Love High" late 80s, early 90s R&B/quiet storm song

Tags: None
  1. NandiDee said:

Default SOLVED: "Love High" late 80s, early 90s R&B/quiet storm song

Another plea for help...

This song was also DEFINITELY released between the years 1988-1990. It is also sung by a MALE artist.

The opening words go something like this "I'm on (or wanna) trip baby, around and around and around in ecstasy". Please note that here my recollection is really fuzzy, so please try and interpolate where you think you may have a lead.

The chorus repeats the phrase "love high", like "Girl I'm on love high"...

I will gladly appreciate any assistance. Thanks
    Last edited by NandiDee; 09-03-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: SOLVED, SOLVED, SOLVED!!!
  2. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by NandiDee View Post
    Another plea for help...

This song was also DEFINITELY released between the years 1988-1990. It is also sung by a MALE artist.

The opening words go something like this "I'm on (or wanna) trip baby, around and around and around in ecstasy". Please note that here my recollection is really fuzzy, so please try and interpolate where you think you may have a lead.

The chorus repeats the phrase "love high", like "Girl I'm on love high"...

I will gladly appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Jeff Redd - Love High {1990}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I-m3v-86l8

Dan
  3. NandiDee said:

Dan

You are truly a God send. Many, many, many thanks!!! This is the one. Jeff Redd, that is. I screamed non-stop for about a minute after reading your response, going on to youtube (Amazon rarely has smaples of these rare/old tracks) and typing it in and the song played exactly just as I remembered it. Now Im thinking"but why couldnt I remember the lyrics?"...I guess sometimes you need to here the melody to jog the words back into recollection.

Have already placed my order for the CD!!!
  4. NandiDee said:

Dan

You are truly a God send. Many, many, many thanks!!! This is the one. Jeff Redd, that is. I screamed non-stop for about a minute after reading your response, going on to youtube (Amazon rarely has samples of these rare/old tracks) and typing it in exactly as is and to have the song play exactly as I remembered it. Now Im thinking"but why couldnt I remember the lyrics?"...I guess sometimes you need to here the melody to jog the words back into recollection.

Have already placed my order for the CD!!!

PS: I also found another lost gem on this CD, the track called Surrender. It was also on my old faithful but now lost cassette tape, so this is truly a double blessing!