Mor ve ötesİ - araf

Thread: Mor ve ötesİ - araf

Tags: None

Paul Orhan said:

Default Mor ve ötesİ - araf

Dear All,

I've checked up the song updates but haven't found it. Could somebody, please, translate this wonderful song?

MOR VE ÖTESİ - ARAF
    kalbin işine bak yüzüne bakamaz.
    ağlar durur sen uyurken.
    yalnız olamayan böyle mi yapar dersen anlarım.

aşkın içine bak, en güzeline
    hem var hem yok mu, bile bile
    adalet yok ya, canımı yakar bu sessizlik

yerimi bilmem,
    bilmem ne taraftayım.
    sesimi duymam,
    ne zamandır araftayım.

kimler varmış içimde yoklama yaptım.
    deliler çıktı, cellatlar bir de şeytanlar

Pesin tesekkurler!

partizanka said:

Nice choice; Mor's whole new album is very very good.

Araf is translated here:
    http://lyricstranslate.com/en/araf-purgatory.html

Paul Orhan said:

Hvala Vam, partizanka, na pomoci!

I am beginning to venture into Mor ve otesi but this song caught my heart almost immediately. In the meantime, waiting for help at allthelyrics, I accidentally found a translation that was posted to a YT video of this song. And what I read there made me like it even more, especially that nowadays I have quite similar feelings as those depicted in the song

Funny, how not even knowing the content of the lyrics we still choose the songs that describe us so well - pure magic! The same happened to me with Gidemem by Ferhat Gocer and to this very day this song has a special place in my heart.

Great thanks for your kind help - I will surely check the attached translation and compare it to the one found at YT.

Warszawa'dan selamlar!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 03-05-2011 at 10:49 AM.

partizanka said:

Ej, nema na čemu! Razumješ bosanski?

I understand your feeling about these lyrics...I relate to them as well..."yerimi bilmem, bilmem ne taraftayım..." Tell me about it!
    I believe you will find many good songs/lyrics from Mor Ve Ötesi. They usually have very thoughtful lyrics combined with nice music and vocals. I like them a lot. One bonus is that MANY of their songs have already been translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Funny, how not even knowing the content of the lyrics we still choose the songs that describe us so well - pure magic! The same happened to me with Gidemem by Ferhat Gocer and to this very day this song has a special place in my heart.

YES!!! That's happened to me, especially with a band named Redd. It's quite strange.

I have not heard Gidemem, but I will look at its lyrics because I'm curious. Do you listen to many other Turkish songs?

Paul Orhan said:

Ne razumjem, ali Poljski ne tako daleko od bosanskogo - iste obitelji jezika. I used google translate :-) but sadly they do not offer the Bosnian language so I resolved to Croatian.

Turkish music has been my great passion for two years now. Of course, I remember Tarkan from late 1990s but the real aşk had to wait until 2008 when my friend went to Turkey for holidays and brought some interesting news and music.

As compared to you I'm more into pop and pop-rock genre but I also have Cem Adrian in my small collection of Turkish records. BTW, have you ever heard of MIZAN? I got to know about them through a web blog devoted to Tarkan. They are a Swiss group but the vocalist Can Işık (beautiful name, isn't it?) is from a mixed Turkish-Swiss family. They sing mostly in English but on their latest record, titled AVRASYA, Can also sings in Turkish. Their song "Into The Sun" is one of THOSE SONGS to me, too. Its lyrics were inspired by teachings of Mevlana Rumi, which I guess speaks for itself :-)

Redd's "Don Kişot" is also very dear to my heart and the whole 21 album is fantastic! Gripin's duet with emreaydın always thrills me! There are so many Turkish songs that speak to me...

GIDEMEM was originally composed and sung by the Queen of Turkish Pop, Ms Sezen Aksu herself. Ferhat made a cover of this song for his second album Yolun Açik Olsun and in my opinion his rendition is much better.

I generally think that the Turkish music is dominated and run by men. It's absolutely awesome how many talents they possess and with such great tenor voices. Like Dogan Duru or emreaydın or Ferhat or Tarkan or ... you name it! Even chart-topping pop stars have trained voices, moreover they compose and write their own songs - which certainly is not the case in my native Poland.

Oh, sweet Turkey! I could write about it for ages and would bore you to death!

Take good care of yourself, Partizanka, and let's keep in touch! Once again thanks for your response!

Vidimo se tamo!
    Paul

partizanka said:

I saw the lyrics for the song Gidemem...I also really like them, so then I listened to the song. (Ferhat's version.) I like it.

Perhaps our taste in pop-rock music, at least, is similar. I also love when Emre Aydın works with Gripin. They do a cover of Sarışınım (from Sezen Aksu of course ) that is so so nice. I also like their version of Ele Güne Karşı (from MFÖ).
    And like you, Tarkan was my first Turkish music experience, years ago. But I didn't become interested until I heard other musicians years later.
    I have not heard MIZAN but I trust your taste, so I will try it.

Vidimo se tamo!
    U Turkiji? Nadam se! (I hope so!) It's really a pleasure to meet you.

Paul Orhan said:

The pleasure is mutual, dear Partizanka, and I'm so happy to have found and met such a passionate turkoholic as yourself at ATL ;-)

Who knows, maybe we shall meet in Turkey - life's full of unexpected twists!!!
    (of course I meant seeing you again at ATL, but looks like it's another divine intervention :-D )

PS.
    I've recently seen a very good Bosnian movie called "Na putu" by Jasmila Žbanić (her previous, GRBAVICA, is proudly representing Bosnia in my DVD collection). Could you, please, tell me how it was received in your native country?
    Bests and muacks,
    Paul

partizanka said:

I've recently seen a very good Bosnian movie called "Na putu" by Jasmila Žbanić (her previous, GRBAVICA, is proudly representing Bosnia in my DVD collection). Could you, please, tell me how it was received in your native country?
    Bests and muacks,
    Paul
    Unfortunately, I don't know much about this movie (or most movies). I'm one of the few people I know who doesn't generally like watching movies. I had only vaguely heard of this movie, so I looked it up now to find reviews. It seems it is generally well-received, by our media at least. I read the summary and the story sounds quite interesting to me. I like stories that address religion/or lack of religion and its role in finding one's identity. I may have to watch it now.
    The long-term effects of the war are always interesting subject matter. Everyone's still all screwed-up from it and I don't think it will ever leave us. Sometimes I think it would be best if Bosnia could be put to a long sleep until everyone alive during the war was gone; we could not teach our children of it and when Bosnia woke, it would be new. Because our generation is/has already lost, in some way.

Paul Orhan said:

I like stories that address religion/or lack of religion and its role in finding one's identity. I may have to watch it now.
    The long-term effects of the war are always interesting subject matter. Everyone's still all screwed-up from it and I don't think it will ever leave us. Sometimes I think it would be best if Bosnia could be put to a long sleep until everyone alive during the war was gone; we could not teach our children of it and when Bosnia woke, it would be new. Because our generation is/has already lost, in some way.
    Oh, dear Partizanka,

You touched me so much with your words, especially that I have such fond memories of Yugoslavija, like eg. the Sarajevo Olympics of 1984 and the vucko! I still cannot understand how all this bloodshed could happen to you. Why people that lived with each other under one state for so long could suddenly turn against each other and kill their neighbours, friends, children. And why were you left to it alone with all the world watching and doing nothing. ****!

What can I say to that? Unfortunately, I'm not able to give you some instant consolation, especially that it took decades for my nation to recover from the trauma of the World War II, where we were also left alone... I still trace some of it at present in our feeling of resentment against the Russians and the Germans.

Sometimes I think that the worst effect of the war, apart from private suffering and mourning, is that the trauma experienced by one generation travels to the next and the next and the whole process seems endless. Still, you cannot think of yourself as lost generation! No, no, no! Quite on the contrary! Albeit hurt and hit by the war, you have to go on and try to give the next generation as little of the trauma as possible and build the foundations of the new Bosnian state, still so fragile and not very stable politically.
    Your task is immense and demands a lot of stamina, boldness and hope in the future - but you cannot submit yourself to the feeling of despair and hopelessness. Otherwise, the next generation will be truly lost. Hadi, bekle!

As far as NA PUTU is concerned the topic of religion is laid down very well and filmed with a lot of consciousness. One of the most touching moments is when one of the protagonists starts singing in the mosque! God, this was so simple and profound, airy and beautiful, so full of meaning and relevant! I was also happy to note two familiar words in that song - cennet and mizan!!!
    I also liked the way the conflict between the main characters was developed and played by the actors.
    It was very interesting for me to see the present-day Sarajevo (a city I've always wanted to see but never had a chance) - how the people live, what they wear, how they behave towards each other. Even if this is only a movie, a fiction, it always carries some information on the reality of the country. So, perhaps you'd give it a try?

Take good care of yourself and never lose hope!
    Bests,
    Sevgilerimle,
    Paul.