Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs You're Obsessed With

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Partizaaaay - love you!

Karabela - what does your name mean bu arada? I feel left out because Viva cant speak turkish

Erm, I'm not sure if we're talking about the same woman (I hope not!) partizaay, but isnt Aylin the woman silver moon recommended who makes haifa wahbe look like an angel?
    It means ''Black curse'', it's a nickname given to me by my family because trouble seems to follow me.

Well I'm sure you'll learn the language, it's not that difficult

Thanks
    Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,674 Posts

And what is white blessing?

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmmm, maybe beyaz kutsama. ?

Thanks

Yes I know I havent found a nickname for Milena yet Partizaay, nothing is jumping out at me!

But Karabla, you're officially baraka (blessing) because we are sure you only bring good luck may you always be blessed.

So if you hear us saying Barooks, yes we're talking to you

Partizaaa you'l be happy to know I have this yusuf gunley song stuck in my head...not bana sen lazimsin

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,306 Posts

partizanka, I'm glad you didn't hate Bugün. Well, I'll not talk about Teoman for a while coz...First pop, and now arabesk, what's happening to you? Just kidding. I think Orhan Gencebay is a big exception (by the way he's from my city too) coz even people who doesn't like/listen to arabesk think that he has good songs. He has his own style. I don't hate him or his songs but I don't listen to him. (Or rather I prefer listening to some of his songs from different singers/bands. For example Gripin's cover is good.)

As for lyricists, I saw some lyrics of Redd and they seem really interesting. But for some reason they didn't appeal to me except some songs. I don't know why.

(By the way, I think you worked on your obsession skills. i.e your new avatar )

Thanks

This is the song stuck in my head now (yes yes you can close your mouths, its not Rafet )

I have no idea what he says, but the tune is so catchy my mind keeps humming it

Thanks

I prefer this one to the slow remix love the beat

Thanks

Some one get me away from the turkish music!! I'm late for my lecture but I'm addicted to the song

Thanks

So, The topic is about Redd and Teoman
    Sorry for my transgressing act Milena, but I have a feeling that I should recommend these two songs, which are my obsessions:

Redd - Her Neyse (Such a sophisticated Music Video, I've cried with it so many times)

Teoman - Renkli Rüyalar Oteli

***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    He has his own style. I don't hate him or his songs but I don't listen to him. (Or rather I prefer listening to some of his songs from different singers/bands. For example Gripin's cover is good.)
    Exactly my feeling about him and Teoman in general.

Viva, good job. You're diversifying. Now if I could just nudge into a more rock or hip hop direction, things would be even better.

VeryClever, great song (Her Neyse). That was the first song I heard from Redd and I quickly became "obsessed" (sort of) with them. That album (21) is just about perfect. Right up there with Hayko's Tanisma Bitti, and Kurban's Sahip and Insanlar albums for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Exactly my feeling about him and Teoman in general.

Viva, good job. You're diversifying. Now if I could just nudge into a more rock or hip hop direction, things would be even better.

VeryClever, great song (Her Neyse). That was the first song I heard from Redd and I quickly became "obsessed" (sort of) with them. That album (21) is just about perfect. Right up there with Hayko's Tanisma Bitti, and Kurban's Sahip and Insanlar albums for me.
    Nice Albums Partizanka, I love Hayko's "Tanışma Bitti" very much. Esp. "Sonra Görüşelim"

Thanks

Beyaz Nimet

Yes I know I havent found a nickname for Milena yet Partizaay, nothing is jumping out at me!

But Karabla, you're officially baraka (blessing) because we are sure you only bring good luck may you always be blessed.

So if you hear us saying Barooks, yes we're talking to you

Partizaaa you'l be happy to know I have this yusuf gunley song stuck in my head...not bana sen lazimsin
    Thank you, but stick around and you'll see the nick they gave me is the right one

Thanks

Nimtaaaa! (suits you better than barooks ) evet I will stick around, and you shall see I am right!

Keep smiling nimtaaaa

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    Nice Albums Partizanka, I love Hayko's "Tanışma Bitti" very much. Esp. "Sonra Görüşelim"
    WOW! That's sort of a surprise to me, cos that's one of the odder songs he does. (By the way, it's one of my favourites as well! He screams especially nicely on that one. ) There's not a song on Redd's 21 that I dislike. Every time I listen to it, I get so excited about them. And you listen to Kurban???

And Karabela- if you bring trouble or blessing, either way is fine. A little of either one can be good.

Thanks

WOW! That's sort of a surprise to me, cos that's one of the odder songs he does. (By the way, it's one of my favourites as well! He screams especially nicely on that one. ) There's not a song on Redd's 21 that I dislike. Every time I listen to it, I get so excited about them. And you listen to Kurban???

And Karabela- if you bring trouble or blessing, either way is fine. A little of either one can be good.
    I really like Kurban's İnsanlar, that album was published by Pasaj recording studio, I don't know why but that studio published many of my favorite albums. Anyhow, in that album, I love:

Sus, Sakın Söyleme, Uyut Beni

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    I really like Kurban's İnsanlar, that album was published by Pasaj recording studio, I don't know why but that studio published many of my favorite albums. Anyhow, in that album, I love:

Sus, Sakın Söyleme, Uyut Beni
    Nice choices. Although for the instrumental pieces, I prefer Göç to Sus. But I am obsessed with Uyut Beni and Sakın Söyleme probably the most from İnsanlar. (Musically and vocally, those songs are just amazing!)
    I'm learning you have quite varied musical taste. That's really nice. I would have not guessed from your earliest posts that you liked Hayko Cepkin or Kurban for example. You seem to have a deep appreciation for music/good music, no matter the genre.

Could you tell a few of the favourite albums published by Pasaj studio?

Thanks

Nimtaaaa! (suits you better than barooks ) evet I will stick around, and you shall see I am right!

Keep smiling nimtaaaa
    Hehe, only Allah(swt) can show us when and if you're right.

A little never is a problem, but a lot of just one is It's just a lesson given to us by Allah (swt), you can't change you're destiny. You can only embrace it.

Thanks

What?! Seeing as you've bought religion into it...you're wrong Allah doesnt create cursed individuals! But depending on how loved an individual is to Allah, the more trials and tribulations and hardships that individual will face

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,306 Posts

Veryclever, feel free to post anything you like.

I'm obsessed with many songs right now but I don't wanna talk about same singer(s) over and over. So here's one song that I really like now. I love its music, great mix. (I think.)

Ogün Sanlısoy - Pencere

Thanks

Günaydın gözün aydın, benden aldın, sende kaldım... I like songs that just repeat lyrics over and over...makes it much easier for me to remember the lyrics. Great song, Milena.

I have been so in love with this song for months now and I still can't get enough. Love the music, the vocals, the cute guitarist , everything. And even if you don't like the band, at least it has the ney in it.

Vivski, I demand you listen to this song and stop thinking I've recommended Funda to you.

P.S. Milena, I know you don't like this band in general, but if you'd just listen to this song one more time...maybe imagine it's a different band...I don't see how you could dislike it. At least he says "halım kalmadı" and not "ölürüm hasretinle"...maybe not quite so arabesk-style lyrics.
    Last edited by partizanka; 11-05-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast