Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Songs You're Obsessed With

Thanks
    Thanked 2,301 Times in 1,671 Posts

I didnt realise the volume was at its maximum

Why Partizaaaay, I actually liked that song Funda is still pretty cool too

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Günaydın gözün aydın, benden aldın, sende kaldım... I like songs that just repeat lyrics over and over...makes it much easier for me to remember the lyrics. Great song, Milena.

I have been so in love with this song for months now and I still can't get enough. Love the music, the vocals, the cute guitarist , everything. And even if you don't like the band, at least it has the ney in it.

Vivski, I demand you listen to this song and stop thinking I've recommended Funda to you.

P.S. Milena, I know you don't like this band in general, but if you'd just listen to this song one more time...maybe imagine it's a different band...I don't see how you could dislike it. At least he says "halım kalmadı" and not "ölürüm hasretinle"...maybe not quite so arabesk-style lyrics.
    I like this song, too, but not more than "Ölürüm Hasretinle", which was a massive hit a few years ago when I was a little(!) high schooler boy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,717 Times in 1,306 Posts

partizanka, I think I'm a bit prejudiced. (Or stubborn?) When I dislike a singer/band for some reasons (Kıraç; his personality - 84; their lyrics - my list is long ) I tend to refuse to hear more songs from them. I listened to your song for the sake of ney and kaval. It's not a bad song but they don't appeal to me.

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    I like this song, too, but not more than "Ölürüm Hasretinle", which was a massive hit a few years ago when I was a little(!) high schooler boy
    ahhhh, how cute. I like Ölürüm Hasretinle enough, but I think they have better songs than that.

And Milena- Prejudiced! Against such an innocent heart as Tuna? (I know his heart is soooo innocent because he frequently mentions it in his songs ) That's okay. I have quite a similar lengthy list although I have let go (at least a little) of my original prejudice against Hande Yener. I'm not that stubborn.
    Last edited by partizanka; 11-05-2010 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks

Listen ölürüm hasretinle from this kid, he's so good.

~ Korkuyorum sana söylemeye
    ya beni sevmiyorsan eğer..
    Ya beni rededersen
    işte o an bittim ben ..

Thanks

Aurora, this is not the place to promote your little brother's guitar/vocal skills. Go to the Sing Your Song board and post it there.
    Just kidding. Wow, that kid is really good. I'm impressed. And he's adorable.

Thanks

When I saw your post I was like, *** it's not even my brother, but yeah it was a joke ;p.
    He also sings Bensiz Aska Doyma and Hani Bekleyecektin. But my favourite is Olurum Hasretinle
    ~ Korkuyorum sana söylemeye
    ya beni sevmiyorsan eğer..
    Ya beni rededersen
    işte o an bittim ben ..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    partizanka, I think you don't like him when he sings a bit loudly? (I don't know Taş Bebek.) To be honest he doesn't sound different to me maybe coz I've been listening to him for a long time. You might like "Bugün" from that album. (Please pay attention to lyrics too. Maybe it's already translated) My top 3 lyricists: Emre Aydın, Feridun Düzağaç, Teoman

A link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIJntLycEG8

If you HATE this song I will never talk about him again.
    I think one legend is left out here

Aysel Gürel, I love her so much. These are some of my obsessions, in which she was the song writer:

Yonca Lodi - Her Aşk Acıyla Biter

Sertab Erener - Aşk (Live) (What a performance, Harika!)

Nilüfer - Bir Mevsim Arıyorum

Just take a look at this list (WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW):

http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aysel_G...C4%B1lar%C4%B1
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veyclever1980***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post

And Milena- Prejudiced! Against such an innocent heart as Tuna? (I know his heart is soooo innocent because he frequently mentions it in his songs )
    Mmm...Are you trying to break down my prejudices? I'm afraid I need more than an innocent heart for that.

veryclever, I agree that Aysel Gürel is a legend.

I like Yonca Lodi, she's back with a nice song. (Düştüysek Kalkarız) I bet you heard it.

Thanks

Mmm...Are you trying to break down my prejudices? I'm afraid I need more than an innocent heart for that.

veryclever, I agree that Aysel Gürel is a legend.

I like Yonca Lodi, she's back with a nice song. (Düştüysek Kalkarız) I bet you heard it.
    Milena, I want to thank you for introducing "Ogün Sanlısoy - Pencere", it is just perfect. I likeeeeeeeeeeeee ittttttttttttttttttttttt soooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuch

Actually, I've posted that song by Yonca Lodi on purpose, cuz I knew you like her. You're absolutely right. I've heard it and it has become one of my obsessions since then.

In Pop world, I think we should give Candan Erçetin some credits too. Her lyrics are so brooding and deliberate.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veyclever1980***

Thanks

Vallahi! There are so many Turkish songs that should be mentioned here!
    Quite recenty, following the advice of our beloved Silver Moon, I have finally managed to purchase Hande Yener's album titled "Apayrı" (which was quite a task, really) and I love it to bits and pieces. "Kim Bilebilir Aşkı" is on a constant domestic "airplay" :-)
    I frequently come back to "Gidemem" in Ferhat's magnificent rendition - this truly is my song. Ferhat has a special place in my heart and his penultimate album is one of those 10 CDs I would take to a desrted island if I had to limit myself to ten only :-)
    Also Gökhan Ozen's "Inkar Etme" and "Seni Ozledim" are tunes I love dearly.
    From the latest Turkish releases I'd point out the following songs:
    "Araf" by Mor ve Otesi (a song that says much about me these days), Hande's "Yasak Aşk" and "Neden Ayrıldık?",
    Ferhat's "Ah Yıllar" and "Kızım",
    Tarkan's "Adımı Kalbine Yaz" and "Sen çoktan gitmişsin",
    Soner Sarıkabadayı's "Buz I" and "Pas II", as well as "Sadem" and "Açık adres"
    Meyra's duet with Cemil Demirbakan "Anladın ya",
    Şebnem Ferah's "Eski",
    And Emre Aydın's "Hoşçakal".

By the way, have you ever come accross the Turkish-Swiss group Mizan? I love their music very much. The group's vocallist Can Işık is of Turkish origin but he mostly sings in English.

Here's a link to their hit single "My Istanbul" just in case ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7VKr...eature=related

and maybe "Gecti dost kervani" in their rendition, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEbYf...eature=related

Selamlar to all of you, Turkish music lovers!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    Milena, I want to thank you for introducing "Ogün Sanlısoy - Pencere", it is just perfect. I likeeeeeeeeeeeee ittttttttttttttttttttttt soooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuch
    It's a great song...so, let's see, you liked that and Bir Ben from him. Had you never heard Ogün before? If not, I'd recommend you check out more from him. He's really, really good. (You might try these: Ne Yerdeyim Ne Gökte (this is my favourite of his), Kimdi, Anla Dünü (I prefer older version, but both are good), Saydım, Umudum Var, Yar Olmadın. Although actually I would recommend almost every song from him. And as a bonus, he has excellent and clear pronunciation of Turkish, so it's easier to understand.
    If you have any interest in rap, he actually does a really cool collaboration with a guy named Killa Hakan (nice name ) called Dayanamazsın.

Thanks

very clever, I'm really glad you liked Pencere, it's a great song, probably my favourite from O gün album. (I thought you wouldn't be indifferent to it coz of its title. )

partizanka, I'm also kind of obsessed with Korkma. (duet with Hayko) Do you know it? I think their voice match well together.

If you wanna hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNsvYEP7jcs

Thanks

Oh I liked that statement, our dear beloved ay where are you ya ay?!

P.s if -um and -im are my, whats our?

Thanks

partizanka, I'm also kind of obsessed with Korkma. (duet with Hayko) Do you know it? I think their voice match well together.
    Yes, actually that was the first song of Ogün I heard (obviously, since it was a collaboration with Hayko ). I downloaded it, and was kind of confused. It was labeled as the '07 version with Hayko, but I couldn't pick out Hayko's voice (although to be honest, Ogün sounds a little like Hayko to me in that song only). It was actually the version from the first Korkma album, sans Hayko. It wasn't until about 2 months later that I heard the real Hayko collaboration (when I found the Korkma '07 album.) I liked it a lot more than the original and agree about their voices sounding really good together. I think I read that they did a movie together or something; is that true?

Viva- I think the ending for 'our' is -imiz/ımız/umuz/ümüz. For example: our house- evimiz. It just depends on what vowel comes in the root word.
    BAK, SILVER MOON: Parti's giving Turkish courses again!

Thanks

Viva,

I just wanted to confirm the suffix for "our" -imiz/ımız/umuz/ümüz when a word ends with a consonant.

It's -miz/mız/muz/müz when the root word ends with a vowel.

So eventually it'll (most probably) be: ayımız

Bests

Thanks

Oh thank you both! Where is Ayimiz?!

Look Millie I just got my suffix lesson for the day!

Veryclever 3asal, this one is for you, does the am sound at the end (azizam) in farsi mean something like my?

Thanks

Ayımız is most probably very busy
    Been waiting for his reply to my e-mails for ages now

Thanks

Ayimiz is busy, but he always drops by to tell his dostum sabah khair

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Ayimiz is busy, but he always drops by to tell his dostum sabah khair
    Lucky you, then!

It looks like among Ay's wide group of dostums Allah has chosen me to be tried with some patience practice.

So I'm wainting...

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast