Rumba (Si)
    Ella quiere si Rumba (Como?)

Si e' verdad que tu ere guapa,
    Yo te voy a poner gozar
    Tu tiene la boca grande
    dale ponte a jugar (Como)
    .:WOn HUNeTtE:. -PontE eN M! n!veL-

2. BAGurl said:

Que ola cata, Que ola omega (not sure, depends on the spelling, I'm assuming the meaning)
    wassup cata, wassup omega
    and this how we gon do it

Rumba (Si) (rumba is a dance/music from Cuba, combines footwork and hip movement, pretty complex)
    rumba (yes)
    Ella quiere su Rumba (Como?)
    she wants her rumba (how?)
    Rumba (Si)
    rumba (yes)

if it's true you're hot/tough
    Yo te voy a poner gozar
    Imma make you enjoy
    Tu tiene la boca grande
    you got a big mouth
    c'mon and play (how?)

ohsirus said:

Ok - And Thats What I Thought But Wsnt Sure About Some Of It.. Thnx
    .:WOn HUNeTtE:. -PontE eN M! n!veL-

4. hyacinthee17 said:

wow. thanks i have been looking for these lyrics.

5. BAGurl said:

welc both
    if you play your cards right... everything's gonna be alright

6. Kirby1221 said:

Default ponte is wrong...

I'm pretty positive it Junte not Ponte though all the lyric sites say ponte. Ponte is nto a word in spanish. Junte mean join me. so i think he says junte a jugar. which roughly means come on and play with me.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGurl View Post
    Que ola cata, Que ola omega (not sure, depends on the spelling, I'm assuming the meaning)
    wassup cata, wassup omega
    and this how we gon do it

Rumba (Si) (rumba is a dance/music from Cuba, combines footwork and hip movement, pretty complex)
    rumba (yes)
    Ella quiere su Rumba (Como?)
    Rumba (Si)
    rumba (yes)

if it's true you're hot/tough
    Yo te voy a poner gozar
    Imma make you enjoy
    Tu tiene la boca grande
    you got a big mouth
    c'mon and play (how?)

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby1221 View Post
    I'm pretty positive it Junte not Ponte though all the lyric sites say ponte. Ponte is nto a word in spanish. Junte mean join me. so i think he says junte a jugar. which roughly means come on and play with me.
    Ponte this word does exist in Spanish.. and means "put"

and in the lyrics:

"ponte a jugar" = literally ... " put (yourself) to play with me " ... but like Bagurl translated is also right!!
    the first love is gone ... am waiting for the last one!!

8. Kirby1221 said:

Default Poner

If what you are saying is correct then what tense is ponte? if you wanted to say put yourself to play with me you say, ponerse. if you look up the conjugations of poner ... ponte doesn't exist. and if you try to put ponte into any translator online, nothing comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zahra2008 View Post
    Ponte this word does exist in Spanish.. and means "put"

and in the lyrics:

"ponte a jugar" = literally ... " put (yourself) to play with me " ... but like Bagurl translated is also right!!

9. Kirby1221 said:

Default junte a jugar

If you say "tu tiene la boca grande a le junte a jugar"
    this means "you have a big mouth come join me and play"

which makes more sense than put yourself to play with me

Also listen to it really loudly. it sounds like who-n-te which is how you pronouse junte. the J sounds like who.

try it! :-)

i also don't think its dale. Dale means you give him.

If what you are saying is correct then what tense is ponte? if you wanted to say put yourself to play with me you say, ponerse. if you look up the conjugations of poner ... ponte doesn't exist. and if you try to put ponte into any translator online, nothing comes up.
    Last edited by Kirby1221; 06-03-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Zahra2008 said:

because using the translator nothing coming up with that word, does not mean that word does not exist... are you telling me that I dont know my language??

trust me, the word does exist, and in the song its: "ponte a jugar"

11. ElRobie1 said:

Default A translator is not a credible source.

ponte is the impeative tu form of ponerse. ponte, pongase, pongamonos, ponganse. well now you know and yea online translators suckk *** every word and verb conjugation aren't in them..so just kuz its not there doesn't mean it doesn't exist...Pitbull said ponte..hella clear..to me.

Zahra2008 said:

Quote Originally Posted by ElRobie1 View Post
    ponte is the impeative tu form of ponerse. ponte, pongase, pongamonos, ponganse. well now you know and yea online translators suckk *** every word and verb conjugation aren't in them..so just kuz its not there doesn't mean it doesn't exist...Pitbull said ponte..hella clear..to me.
    exactly!!... thanxs for the help

13. dmoney101 said:

pon is the command tu form of poner. te means to yourself. thus ponte=put yourself

14. Lpontis22 said:

Unhappy Ponte is not the imperitive from of poner...

Unfortunately, the imperative form of poner is ponga, pongas, ponga, pongamos, pongais, pongan. Sorry, I know this doesn't help clarify the lyrics.

15. Kirby1221 said:

Default Still think thats not what he says

Ok fine... i may be wrong that ponte is not a word but i still think thats not what he says. if you listen to it REALLY loud it sounds like junte a jugar which makes just as much sense. we need to ask Pitbull what he says! haha :-)

16. dmoney101 said:

Ok fine... i may be wrong that ponte is not a word but i still think thats not what he says. if you listen to it REALLY loud it sounds like junte a jugar which makes just as much sense. we need to ask Pitbull what he says! haha :-)
    trust me, it's ponte. it's a pretty common phrase

17. Lpontis22 said:

Wink

Oh I don't disagree that the lyric is ponte. I was just correcting ElRobie...I thought he might be right at first but when I looked it up it wasn't. I think dmoney is right... nice job. You can sing junte if you want...I'm sure no one would notice ;-)

18. dmoney101 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lpontis22 View Post
    Oh I don't disagree that the lyric is ponte. I was just correcting ElRobie...I thought he might be right at first but when I looked it up it wasn't. I think dmoney is right... nice job. You can sing junte if you want...I'm sure no one would notice ;-)
    both of my posts were intended for Kirby. i knew what you were doing

19. ElRobie1 said:

NO no no no thats the present subjunctive conjucations of poner....ponte IS the affirmative tu command of PONERSE in the imperative form. you don't believe me check it out at this link.

http://www.allverbs.com/cache/verbta...9ponerse.shtml

es la forma imperativa.

Unfortunately, the imperative form of poner is ponga, pongas, ponga, pongamos, pongais, pongan. Sorry, I know this doesn't help clarify the lyrics.

20. ElRobie1 said:

Default uhhh...hmmm

NO no no no thats the present subjunctive conjucations of poner....ponte IS the affirmative tu command of PONERSE in the imperative form. you don't believe me check it out at this link.

http://www.allverbs.com/cache/verbta...9ponerse.shtml

es la forma imperativa.