Away With Our Sorrow And Fear! lyrics
1 AWAY with our sorrow and fear!
We soon shall recover our home,
The City of saints shall appear,
The day of eternity come:
From earth we shall quickly remove,
And mount to our native abode,
The house of our Father above,
The palace of angels and God.
2 Our mourning is all at an end,
When, raised by the life-giving word,
We see the new city descend,
Adorned as a bride for her Lord;
The city so holy and clean,
No sorrow can breathe in the air;
No gloom of affliction or sin,
No shadow of evil is there.
3 By faith we already behold
That lovely Jerusalem here;
Her walls are of jasper and gold,
As crystal her buildings are clear;
Immovably founded in grace,
She stands as she ever hath stood,
And brightly her builder displays,
And flames with the glory of God.
4 No need of the sun in that day,
Which never is followed by night,
Where Jesus's beauties display
A pure and a permanent light:
The Lamb is their light and their sun,
And lo! by reflection they shine,
With Jesus ineffably one,
And bright in effulgence divine!
5 The saints in his presence receive
Their great and eternal reward;
In Jesus, in heaven they live,
They reign in the smile of their Lord:
The flame of angelical love
Is kindled at Jesus's face;
And all the enjoyment above
Consists in the rapturous gaze.
Top John Wesley Harding songs
- Captain Of Israel's Host, And Guide
- Great God Of Wonders! All Thy Ways
- All Things Are Possible To Him
- Go Labour On; Spend, And Be Spent
- Behold The Servant Of The Lord
- And Can It Be, That I Should Gain
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor And Wretched
- Gracious Spirit, Dwell With Me!
- A Charge To Keep I Have
- Art Thou Weary, Art Thou Languid
- Praise The Lord! Ye Heavens, Adore Him
- Father Of Everlasting, Grace
- Blow Ye The Trumpet, Blow
- Father, I Know That All My Life
- Forth In Thy Name, O Lord, I Go