Father, I Know That All My Life lyrics
1 FATHER, I know that all my life
Is portioned out for me,
And the changes that are sure to come
I do not fear to see;
But I ask thee for a present mind,
Intent on pleasing thee.
2 I ask thee for a thoughtful love,
Through constant watching wise,
To meet the glad with joyful smiles,
And wipe the weeping eyes;
And a heart at leisure from itself,
To soothe and sympathize.
3 I would not have the restless will
That hurries to and fro,
Seeking for some great thing to do
Or secret thing to know;
I would be treated as a child,
And guided where I go.
4 Wherever in the world I am,
In whatsoe'er estate,
I have a fellowship with hearts
To keep and cultivate;
And a work of lowly love to do
For the Lord on whom I wait.
5 So I ask thee for the daily strength,
To none that ask denied,
And a mind to blend with outward life,
Still keeping at thy side;
Content to fill a little space
If thou be glorified.
6 And if some things I do not ask
In my cup of blessing be;
I would have my spirit filled the more
With grateful love to thee,
And careful less to serve thee much
Than to please thee perfectly.
7 There are briers besetting every path,
That call for patient care;
There is a cross in every lot,
And a constant need for prayer;
Yet a lowly heart, that leans on thee,
Is happy anywhere.
8 In a service which thy will appoints
There are no bonds for me;
For my inmost soul is taught the truth
That makes thy children free;
And a life of self-renouncing love
Is a life of liberty.
Top John Wesley Harding songs
- Captain Of Israel's Host, And Guide
- How Sweet The Name Of Jesus Sounds
- Go Labour On; Spend, And Be Spent
- Great God Of Wonders! All Thy Ways
- Abide With Me! Fast Falls The Eventide
- Rock Of Ages, Cleft For Me,
- Pleasant Are Thy Courts Above
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
- Father, I Know That All My Life
- Long Have I Seemed To Serve Thee, Lord
- Art Thou Weary, Art Thou Languid
- All Things Are Possible To Him
- Give Me The Wings Of Faith To Rise
- Rejoice, The Lord Is King
- Jesus, Let Me Bless Thy Name!