Go Labour On; Spend, And Be Spent lyrics
1 GO labour on; spend, and be spent,
Thy joy to do the Father's will;
It is the way the Master went,
Should not the servant tread it still?
2 Go labour on; 'tis not for nought,
Thy earthly loss is heavenly gain;
Men heed thee, love thee, praise thee not;
The Master praises; what are men?
3 Go labour on, while it is day,
The world's dark night is hastening on;
Speed, speed the work, cast sloth away;
It is not thus that souls are won.
4 Men die in darkness at your side
Without a hope to cheer the tomb;
Take up the torch, and wave it wide,
The torch that lights time's thickest gloom.
5 Toil on, faint not, keep watch, and pray;
Be wise, the erring soul to win;
Go forth into the world's highway,
Compel the wanderer to come in.
6 Toil on, and in thy toil rejoice;
For toil comes rest, for exile home;
Soon shalt thou hear the Bridegroom's voice,
The midnight peal, Behold I come!
Top John Wesley Harding songs
- Captain Of Israel's Host, And Guide
- Great God Of Wonders! All Thy Ways
- All Things Are Possible To Him
- Go Labour On; Spend, And Be Spent
- Behold The Servant Of The Lord
- And Can It Be, That I Should Gain
- Come, Ye Sinners, Poor And Wretched
- Gracious Spirit, Dwell With Me!
- A Charge To Keep I Have
- Art Thou Weary, Art Thou Languid
- Praise The Lord! Ye Heavens, Adore Him
- Father Of Everlasting, Grace
- Blow Ye The Trumpet, Blow
- Forth In Thy Name, O Lord, I Go
- Father, I Know That All My Life