Ahmed Fahmy - Yalli Ghayeb [*]

Thread: Ahmed Fahmy - Yalli Ghayeb [*]

Tags: ahmed, fahmy, yalli ghayeb

Fanta said:

Smile Ahmed Fahmy - Yalli Ghayeb [*]

Hello there! As-salamu 3Alaykum!

Could somebody PLEASE give the lyrics for Ahmed Fahmy's song: Yalli Ghayeb ( please in latin alphabet), and translate them into english?

Here is the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr9tD...%2Bdiv-1r-1-HM

Thanks in advance!
    Ma3a Salama,
    Fanta

Fanta said:

Anyone?

citlalli said:

Hi Fanta!
    Here's my try:

ياللى غايب وسايب فيا هواااك لسة بستناااك كل يوم والتانى بنده ليييك
    Yalli ghayeb w sayeb feea hawak, lessa bastanak, kol youm wel tani banda leek
    oh you who are absent and gone! Your love is inside me, I’m still waiting for you, one day and the next I call for you

نفسى اقولك حبيبى على اللى انا فيه واللى حاسس بيه بس قولى حبيبى فين الاقيك
    Nafsi a2oulak 7abibi 3la elly ana feeh, w elly 7ases beeh, bas 2oulli 7abeebi feen ala2eek
    I wish I could tell you my darling what I've been through and what I feel, so tell me my darling where to find you
    (2x)

مجاش على بالى ثانية انساك ياللى قلبى معاك عشت بستناك بقالى كتييير
    Magash 3la bali zania ansak, yalli 2albi ma3ak, 3asht bastanak ba2ali kteer
    not even a second of oblivion comes to my mind, oh the one with whom my heart is, I’ve lived to wait for you long

سنين عمال افكر فييك نفسى اقرب لييك لسة قلبى عليك طب انت فيين
    Seneen 3amal afakar feek, nafsi a2rrab leek, lessa 2albi 3aleik 6ab enta feen
    I’ve been thinking about you for years, I wish I could come close to you, and my heart is still (crazy) about you, so where are you?

دة انا ولا منى وياك ولا حبيبى بنساك وهو دة حالى وياك واعمل اييييه
    Dah ana wala menni wayak, wala 7abibi bansak, w howwa dah 7ali wayak, w a3mel eih
    this is me and I’m not with you, and I can’t forget you my darling, and this is my situation with you, what can I do?

هى ايام هوانا مش وحشاك حب غيرى نداك قولى حاجة حبيبى نفسى ارتاح
    Heya ayam hawana mosh wa7shak, 7ob ghayri nadak, 2oulli 7aga 7abibi nafsi arta7
    those were the days of our love, don’t you miss them? did another love call you? tell me something to soothe me my darling

كلمة طمني بيها وح فضل ليك ربنا يخليك بعد منك قلبي كلو جراح
    Kelma 6ammeni beeha w 7afdhal leek, rabbena yakhleek, ba3d mennak 2albi kollo gara7
    reassure me with one word and I’ll stay (here) for you, I'm begging you, (even if) my heart is later all wounded by you

not even a second of oblivion comes to my mind, oh the one with whom my heart is, I’ve lived to wait for you long

I’ve been thinking about you for years, I wish I could come close to you, and my heart is still (crazy) about you, so where are you?

Dah ana wala menni wayak, wala 7abibi bansak, w howwa dah 7ali wayak, w a3mel eih
    this is me and I’m not with you, and I can’t forget you my darling, and this is my situation with you, what can I do?

ياللى غايب وسايب فيا هواااك لسة بستناااك كل يوم والتانى بنده ليييك
    Yalli ghayeb w sayeb feea hawak, lessa bastanak, kol youm wel tani banda leek
    oh you who are absent and gone! Your love is inside me, I’m still waiting for you, one day and the next I call for you

Nafsi a2oulak 7abibi 3la elly ana feeh, w elly 7ases beeh, bas 2oulli 7abeebi feen ala2eek
    I wish I could tell you my darling what I've been through and what I feel, so tell me my darling where to find you
    (2x)
    Last edited by citlalli; 05-11-2010 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Corrections!!
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

VivaPalestina said:

Wonderful Citlalli hayati A new word to add to your vocab, nifsi - I wish

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    I told you myself my darling what I was going through and what I feel, so tell me my darling where to find you
    (2x)
    I wish I could tell you ---

I’ve been thinking about you for years, I’ve even come close to you, and my heart is still (crazy) about you, so where are you?
    ----I wish I could come close to you---

هى ايام هوانا مش وحشاك حب غيرى نداك قولى حاجة حبيبى نفسى ارتاح
    Heya ayam hawana mosh wa7shak, 7ob ghayri nadak, 2oulli 7aga 7abibi nafsi arta7
    those were the days of our love, don’t you miss them? Other than me, love called you; tell me something to soothe me my darling
    7ob ghayri nadak - Did another love call you?

كلمة طمني بيها وح فضل ليك ربنا يخليك بعد منك قلبي كلو جراح
    Kelma 6ammeni beeha w 7afdhal leek, rabbena yakhleek, ba3d mennak 2albi kollo gara7
    reassure me with one word and I’ll stay (here) for you, may our Lord preserve you, (even if) my heart is later all wounded by you
    Rabina iy5alek - correct translation , literally means I beg you (referrs to the first part)

Well done sweetie <3

songlover26 said:

Thanks for the meaning of nifsi... Heard it a lot of Times in songs.

Fanta said:

Thank you all very much! I love this song even more now because I can sing along

Shukran!

Fanta said:

Is there a difference between 'yalli' and 'ya' by the way??

example, ya ghayeb or yalli ghayeb

VivaPalestina said:

Not really, ya is oh and yalli sort of refers to a person, i.e the one who is...

Ya 3'ayib - Oh absent one
    Yalli 3'ayib - Oh the one who is absent

Fanta said:

Tayeb, shukran jazilan
    Youm saeed