Conversation Between Frankie Jasmine and Doug Denslowe

Doug Denslowe said:
    I haven't been on Facebook in forever.It no longer interests me.....in the least.Ive been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix,maybe you might like it as well.A female private detective with super strength,you know,a superhero without a costume.She drinks and has loose morals,for a comic book character.Just like I like them!

Doug Denslowe said:
    I usually don't come to this site unless I get an email saying one of the songs/poems I've commented on is up for replies etc.Yes,we never did a friend exchange on this site,but I'll accept your invitation.Everything is going well for me and I'm glad you're still around and doing what you do.See you in the replies,Doug.

Frankie Jasmine said:
    Double-D, Where are you?... Stay in' Alive in SF, no doubt! Don't wear out those famous/infamous streets!

Frankie Jasmine said:
    Why are you not in my Friend list? How did that happen? Anyway, if you know how & you want to be on Friends list please invite me! I don't see where to invite you.

Frankie Jasmine said:
    And what's wrong with being a loner? Nothing. I can see how rigorous walking helps with drumming (is that a word?). And glad you've shaken the rust off of your drumming! I'm sure that time flies for you also. I recall the song & inspiration for Raven Beauty. And she is... Hope you're satisfied with the mid-song alterations. All's well here. Nice to get an update from you. If Ammy was holding monthly vigils for me, he must have forgotten the last one. Haven't heard from him. But he'll turn up eventually, as we all do!

Doug Denslowe said:
    I got up to 2 hours,then 3 hours.I use the most expensive Dr.Scholl's Incerts and change them
    more often than they recommend.I wear these "Walker" brand by........"nu balance" I think they're called.Theyre for serious joggers and nut cases like me!Its part of my routine in order to play long sets on drums.Id do it anyway,but I'm glad it payed off in more than one way.Its unreal,the time goes so fast now that the 3 hours goes by before I know it!I usually program 3 hours of music,then when it's over,I know how much time I've walked.If I do it more than 3 hours,it's not good;for my feet or my sleeping habits.I sometimes walk 4 hours then can't get up the next day!I hope this finds you and yours in good health and spirits.Im happy as can be,I'm used to being a loner and there's not much I can do about it.

Doug Denslowe said:
    I just got home from band practice.Somehow I got in a band with all my old friends.Ironically we aren't doing any of my songs.But that's okay because I was 40 years rusty on my drums,but after a few weeks I'm all caught up.We do have good songs,but we need a singer,bad!The "problem" is one guy lives 2 hours away,and the other two live 45 minutes away.Only the piano player and myself live in San Francisco.The guy who's house we play at has a great drum set,and it was too good to be true!Today,because two of the guys couldn't make it,we started working on a song of mine;Raven Beauty.I knew it needed "some help" and the piano player wrote a middle part that I need to write some lyrics to.(Once again I got a long message lost by not writing fast enough and I had to sign in again.This is all I could get back in auto-saved)I'll write more later.I wanted to answer your question about walking.(yes,3 hours a day,listening to my iPod)I'll get back to you.

Frankie Jasmine said:
    Saw a reference to "my band" in a post by you; did a reunion come about? Sounds like it!

Frankie Jasmine said:
    No, actually I forgot the drill! It was like coming to ATL for the very first time. Forgot nearly everything about the site, but not my closest buddies here! So glad you're walking still. Somewhere I read that your walks were hours long! Do you still listen to music while walking? I will check out some of your songs. Things you taught me about songwriting have stayed with me. The biggest: Repetition. You wouldn't believe that some songs I've come to like the most have few lyrics & repetitive! Hope you are well & happy. Sorry I left such a pitiful post last time--not very personable!

Doug Denslowe said:
    As of this minute..........I have a song in 6th position from the top.You know the drill;hit Threads Started By.......then you'll see all my songs that I've posted.Good to see your back,Amaryn was holding a candle light vigil every month in honor of you.Im off to my nightly walk.........................