Conversation Between ARMENIAtheBEAUTIFUL and Nere

ARMENIAtheBEAUTIFUL said:
    It tends to do that! It is kind of rewarding though, because once you have the alphabet down, you know how to write and pronounce words. An "Ahh" (1st letter) is always an "Ahh" as opposed to being read "Ayy" or something else.

A few more months for me and I'll be back home as well. Enjoy! My people's hospitality will definitely be pleasing.

(side: We've recruited another English man, Russel Pollard. He's doing some great work for Artsakh. He's been living in Armenia (Artsakh) for some time now. (https://www.facebook.com/ArtsakhOrguk/info))

Nere said:
    that would indeed explain it! i'm from england, and i'm hoping to visit armenia some time in the upcoming year been trying to pick up some of the basics of the language, but your alphabet's killing me

(not if you are also from Yerevan, Armenia. Hhaha. "Where do you call home?" is what I meant.

I spent many years in the U.S. (school). Thanks Yerevan is where I call home, you are correct. May I ask the same?

Nere said:
    just curious, your english seems as near as damn it fluent, and you often don't get that with people who aren't in an english-speaking country. yerevan?

Sure. Yes, I do. Why do you ask?

Nere said:
    can i ask, do you live in armenia?

You are very welcome! Glad I could help.

Nere said:
    i've been after that song for a while now, i found it when i was reading about artsakh and the recent history of your country, which is fascinating shed shenorhagel em!

Hey! I'm sort of new to this site, so I don't know if you automatically receive notification if someone responds to your posts, but I just wanted to let you know that I translated and wrote out the lyrics in Latin of the Armenian song you requested by Alla Levonyan ("Sparapet"). Hope it helps.

Greetings from Armenia