ოთარ რამიშვილი - მარტის თვეა შენი > Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni (Georgian)

Thread: ოთარ რამიშვილი - მარტის თვეა შენი > Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni (Georgian)

Tags: None

Frankie Jasmine said:

Default ოთარ რამიშვილი - მარტის თვეა შენი > Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni (Georgian)

ოთარ რამიშვილი - მარტის თვეა შენი > Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni

Hello, Slavic-speaking ATL Friends! Do I need to go to another language section for this song??

Lyrics are not necessarily needed. What I would like to know is:

(1) What language is this? Is it a Slavic language? I cannot find it.

(2) What is the name of the singer? Can you please direct me to information about him--for example, on Wikipedia or elsewhere in English? If not, can you share anything about him?

(3) What is the title of the song, in English? Basically, what is the song about?

Please excuse me, I only know some German and bits-and-pieces of Turkish, a few words in Spanish. Some languages I can recognize their origin when spoken or written. But this language I know nothing about!

Your kind help would be appreciated very much! This song and Walt Disney video is on my YouTube Channel because I enjoy it so much.

Thank you,

Frankie

partizanka said:

1. It's not Slavic... from the letters and from the name of the singer, it looks Georgian.
    2. I believe the singer's name might be Otar Ramishvili. I don't know anything about him...you might want to try posting this in the non-classified translation section.

Good luck.

3. ina said:

Google Chrome has detected the language - Georgian, and it means: "Otar TV - Your month of March".
    I don't know where is Georgian language section here .... if there is one at all...

partizanka said:

Quote Originally Posted by ina View Post
    Google Chrome has detected the language - Georgian, and it means: "Otar TV - Your month of March".
    I don't know where is Georgian language section here .... if there is one at all...
    There's not a specific Georgian section here. And Ramishvili is a Georgian last name İ think. İf you search that name, you'll see.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Partizanka, Ina, thank you both for your advice and translations. I will Google Ramishvili. Also, I will try to make contact on social sites for someone who "speaks Georgian." Thank you!

6. ina said:

@partizanka:
    Pa ti znaš sve o ovom sajtu
    Znam da je ono pismo "džordžijskog",šalim se kaže se gruzijskog , pa sam njega translejtovala preko hroma. A prezime pevača ili šta mu već dođe, sam guglovala i videla da postoje njegovi spotovi na Youtube. Ramishvili, slično kao Saakashvili, prezime predsednika Gruzije ("nepredvidivi patološki i mentalno nestabilni narkoman" - Medvedev) Možda Ramishvilli znači Tv, hahaa.. ali verovatno je google odlepio....

@all:

Here's the video, so try to ask on Youtube (those who posted the video, they could help you )
    or here www.geolyrics.com, but you'll have to translate the webpage too
    or go to the Russian forum, you'll probably and hopefully find a Georgian there.

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...gdNkapYTN_qP_A

Her's very bad google translation, but....

Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni

March is your month, your character shvenis
    April agachrelebs of colors,
    .. You're Nukri shvlisa, I nukroba gshvenis
    Gatsqenine and still meperebi. X2

Fall for you, attached to the long years of
    Chamogshordnen avdriani mdevrebi,
    .. As for me, you're the only one
    Purple is gikhrian hand. X2

Vitan reproach, who has,
    In other words one letter will not forgive.
    Your warmth from the sky .. I moprenilo
    At the time, that creates genuine smile. X2

Wild flowers as kelaptrebi
    Gighimian himself on the ground guides,
    The feelings of my relationship, I daibnevi
    Then they learn to lose its value.

March is your month, your character shvenis
    April agachrelebs of colors,
    You're Nukri shvlisa, I nukroba gshvenis
    Gatsqenine and still meperebi.

[s-yDE0XFovo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-yDE0XFovo[/video]

Cheers!
    Last edited by ina; 08-18-2011 at 06:45 AM.

partizanka said:

Pa ti znaš sve o ovom sajtu
    Radim u specijalnoj policiji.

Znam da je ono pismo "džordžijskog",šalim se kaže se gruzijskog , pa sam njega translejtovala preko hroma. A prezime pevača ili šta mu već dođe, sam guglovala i videla da postoje njegovi spotovi na Youtube. Ramishvili, slično kao Saakashvili, prezime predsednika Gruzije ("nepredvidivi patološki i mentalno nestabilni narkoman" - Medvedev) Možda Ramishvilli znači Tv, hahaa.. ali verovatno je google odlepio....
    I don't trust google to translate. I wondered also because Frankie's title was "Otar Ramishvili - Martis tvea sheni" so perhaps the "tv" part of translation comes from "tvea", even if that's not the real meaning of the word.
    Anyway, enjoy, Frankie.

Frankie Jasmine said:

Dear Ina, thank you for the work (especially translation) you did on my behalf--I very much appreciate it! Even with the partial English . . . now I understand why the Walt Disney "Silly Symphony - Trees and Flowers" was used to go along with the song! Thank you so much. And thanks to you both, partizanka and Ina, for your interest and attention to my request.

[P.S. - I should have taken the advice I later offered to another member who listed several requests in different languages--go to the You Tube member's site! I have a problem, however. I've been unable to sign in to You Tube ever since they tied-in with Google . . . When I get it straightened out, I'll post to the You Tuber. Thanks!]