Mohammad Reza Shajariyan - Saz o Avaz

Thread: Mohammad Reza Shajariyan - Saz o Avaz

Tags: None

afsaneh said:

Default Mohammad Reza Shajariyan - Saz o Avaz

This is dedicated for celebrating the 72nd birthday of Iran's vocal maestro, dear Mr. Shajarian. 22 Sep. 2012 (1 Mehr 1391)

Saaz O Aavaaz (Album: Dar Khiyal)
    Poetry: Sa'di (Sonnet 505)
    Vocal: Mohammad Reza Shajariyan
    Music and the Tar: Majid Derakhshani
    The Setar: Behdad Babayi
    The Ney: Abdolnaghi Afsharnia
    Dastgah: Segah
    Year: 1995

Dele khish raa begoftam cho to doost migereftam_________ I told my heart, when I was taking you as my beloved
    Na ajab ke khoob ruyaan bekonand bivafaayi______________ no wonder that the comely behave faithlessly

Sokhani ke baa to daaram be nasime sobh goftam_________ the word that I have with you, to the morning breeze I told it
    Degari nemishenaasam, to bebar ke aashenaayi___________ I do not know any other, you take it since you are familiar

Man az aan gozashtam ey yaar ke beshnavam nasihat______ oh my beloved, I do not heed listening to admonitions any more
    Boro ey faghih o baa maa maforoosh paarsaayi___________ Go away, you ascetic and do not sell piety to us

To ke gofteyi ta'ammol nakonam jamaale khoobaan________ you who have said I do not think about the blessed's beauty
    Bekoni agar cho sa'di nazari biyaazemaayi________________ you will, if like Sa'di you examine it in a glance

Dare chashme baamdaadan, be behesht bargoshoodan_____ opening the eye of the dawns on the paradise
    Na chonaan latif baashad ke be doost bargoshaayi_________ is not so much delicate as opening it on the face of the beloved

Last edited by afsaneh; 09-23-2012 at 04:31 AM.
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare

pinky_girl said:

Oh I didn't know that yesterday was his birthday! thanks dear Afsaneh.....he's really a great man and a great singer....

afsaneh said:

yes dear pinky he's the best
    "If music be the food of love; play on."
    Shakespeare