Can you help me remember a song?

Thread: Can you help me remember a song?

Tags: None
  1. Hurtfulsplash said:

Default Can you help me remember a song?

Can you help me remember a song? It's from the early 90's and had a lot of airplay on Much Music; around the same time as Duran Duran's "Ordinary World" and Lori Morgan's "Something in Red". I can't remember the artist or song title, but I'll try to describe it to you as best I can. I think it sounded like a cross between Culture Beat's "Mr Vain" and Duran Duran's "Come Undone". The chorus was sung by a girl in the same style as the girl from "Come Undone". I think she had long red curly hair and may have been white. In the video she was singing in the kitchen of an apartment. The rest was sung by a black rapper and that's all I remember about him except I think it was mainly his band. I can't remember any lyrics or even hum it; I know this is pretty vague but I would appreciate even the smallest leads. Thanks

lollipop said:

Maybe this is the same song, what the guys are describing here: One Hit Wonder Central - Forum - early 90's Rap song "SAFE"? HELP!!!!

it's just a stab in the dark, as i've never seen a band "Rumble", and i don't know how they look like, or is there a woman in that band at all

3. Hurtfulsplash said:

Ahhhhh! That’s the one, I haven’t listened to it yet, but just from the description I know it’s the one. Even before clicking the link I had a feeling it was it. The last time I heard this song was about a year ago and it was on a one hit wonder playlist. Sorry I couldn’t help you with your song. Good luck.

lollipop said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtfulsplash View Post
    Ahhhhh! That’s the one, I haven’t listened to it yet, but just from the description I know it’s the one.
    It's nice, that it is the same song, you were looking for, but i'm afraid you will have hard time to find it anywhere to listen or download, even on Amazon there is only one copy of it in sale...

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtfulsplash View Post
    Sorry I couldn’t help you with your song. Good luck.
    Hmmm, I don't look for any songs right now, but thanks anyway, as good luck is something, everyone always needs.