Schandmaul - Die goldene Kette

Thread: Schandmaul - Die goldene Kette

Tags: None

Cosmonaut said:

Default Schandmaul - Die goldene Kette

Für Müge mou
    ---

Hoch oben auf den Zinnen wartet die schöne Maid. // High up in the crenellations the maid is waiting
    Von fern hört man den Vater, es klappert das Stahlkleid. //in the distance the father can be heard, audible is his steelen armour
    Vom Kriege kommt er her am, Kamin sich auszuruhen. // from the war he is coming to rest at the fireplace
    Der Winter zieht ins Land, die Zeit des Friedens wird guttun. // winter is approaching, a time of peace will do well

"Willkommen lieber Vater, erging es euch gut? // "Welcome my father, have you been well?
    Man hört schon die Spielleut' besingen euren Mut. //the singers/players are singing about your bravery
    Hab' stets brav gebetet und an euch gedacht. // I continously prayed dutifully and thought about you
    Habt ihr eurer Tochter was mitgebracht?!" // did you bring something for you daugther?"

"Die goldene Kette nimm Dir, // "Take the golden necklace,
    ich gab einem Feind den Tod dafür!" // for I gave a foe the death for it in return"

Als die Tochter das Schmuckstück gewahrt, // as the daugther the jewellery was given,
    beginnt sie zu schluchzen, den Vater tifft's hart. // she begins to sob, the father is hit hard
    Anstatt sich zu freue, schreit sie ihn an. // instead of being happy, she screams at him
    Sie entreißt ihm das Kleinod und läuft von dannen. // she rips the jewel out of his hands and runs away

Die goldene Kette von Mädchen erkannt - // the golden necklace, she realised
    erst unlängst in Frühling gab sie's aus der Hand. // she only gave it away last spring
    Als Zeichen der Liebe tief am Waldesgrund // as a sign of affection and love in the forest
    gab sie's ihrem Liebsten in gar zärtlicher Stund. // she gave it to her lover in a tender hour

"Die goldene Kette nimm Dir, // "The golden necklace
    als Zeichen der Liebe ganz tief in mir" // take it as a sign of love deep inside of me"

Sie rennt in die Fremde, findet schließlich sein Grab. // She runs into foreign lands and finally finds his grave
    Drauf stand: "HIER RUHT EIN JÜNGLING, DER IM KAMPFE STARB." // It read: "Here rests a youth who has died in battle"
    Sie kniet sich nieder und erwartet den Tod. // She kneels down and waits for/expects death
    Als er sie ereilt gibt sie ihm das Kleinod. // and when death comes, she gives him the necklace

"Die goldene Kette nimm Dir, // "Take the golden necklace
    bring mich zu meinem Liebsten dafür...!" // and bring me to my lover in return"
    We are Brothers
    of the North
    who are sharing the All-Father's Blood

muge said:

vielen dank mein alles wow, what a song..
    Söz veriyorum, her şey çok güzel olacak, sadece sen ve ben...