Ana - Hillel Goldblum

Thread: Ana - Hillel Goldblum

Tags: None
  1. yodelinged said:

Post Ana - Hillel Goldblum

Shalom there!

If someone could .... Please translate my most favorite song of all time ?

Click the following link to play the mp3: http://www.insightonthenews.net/medi...amavdil%29.mp3

I know it some sort of prayer to G-d that is in Hebrew, but even if i dont understand Hebrew it is my most favorite song - EVER.

If , whoever takes up the task, could kindly provide 3 sets of translation?

The Hebrew, The transliteration and the English translation?

My goal with this translation is to make what seems to be one the most important videos i have ever made to this song.

I will try to post up the finished video , G-d willing, once it is done .

Many thankyous for all the hard work you Jewish / Israeli folks do in helping us try to understand your lovely language, culture and people thru music!

Have a wonderful night,

Shalom,

yodeligned
    Eddi

2. hdave said:

Default Lyrics, transliteration and translation

Shalom (שלום),

The lyrics of this song are from Psalm 118, verses 23 to 25. It is also part of Hallel (הלל), a traditional Jewish prayer sung in many occasions.

I'm posting below the three versions as you asked. Since it is part of the Bible, there are many translations available, but I tried to write a more literal translation to keep the original meaning as much as possible.

The last verse is hard to translate. The words אנא (ana) and נא (na) both mean please, but I think אנא is stronger, more like I/we beg you. The verb הצליחה (hatzlicha) does not have an exact equivalent in English, it means make succeed, or make someone be successful. The verbs in this last verse do not have an object, but me or us are implied.

Also, in everyday speech in Hebrew, the word commonly used to refer to God is Hashem, which literally means the name, to avoid saying God's name in vain. This term is usually not written in full in Hebrew, but only the first letter (ה) followed by an apostrophe. The original text of the Psalm uses God's name.

Nice song by the way, thanks for sharing.

מאת ה' היתה זאת, היא נפלאת בעינינו
    זה היום עשה ה', נגילה ונשמחה בו
    אנא ה', הושיעה נא, אנא ה', הצליחה נא

Me'et Hashem haita zot, hi niflat be'eineinu
    Ze hayom asa Hashem, nagila venismecha bo
    Ana Hashem, hoshia na, ana Hashem, hatzlicha na

From God this has been, it is wonderful in our eyes
    This day God has made, we will rejoice and we will be happy in it
    I beg you, God, please save us, I beg you, God, please make us succeed

3. yodelinged said:

Shalom dear HDave,

You don't know how grateful I am to you for providing the translation to this beautiful, inspiring and touching song.

This song is my favorite song ever - as I hear it almost every day in my life.
    It makes me feel closer to G-d and I feel it is my life prayer , but in such a meaningful and lasting way.

I thank G-d so much for you finally providing the meaning behind the song I always loved ... It finally is like a letter being read so many times and finally understanding the message of hope and blessing contained there in.

Thank you HDave and a warm embrace i send to you for your kindness in providing the exquisite prayer's translation.

Have a beautiful shabbat shalom and G-d bless you so much,

Edward Villa
    Yodelinged

4. yodelinged said:

Default Ana : The Video

Hope you are all blessed with this video i put together ....

Have a good night,

God bless,

yodelinged