SOLVED: Desperate Help with lyric. "I remember when MTV played music videos"

Thread: SOLVED: Desperate Help with lyric. "I remember when MTV played music videos"

Tags: None
  1. toddy74 said:

Default SOLVED: Desperate Help with lyric. "I remember when MTV played music videos"

Its a pop band like Blink182 ive checked every lyric forum. Has the lyric something like "I remember when MTV actually played music videos" thanks

2. bugmenot1 said:

Try this song:

"1985" by Bowling For Soup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI

Frankie Jasmine said:

I find this interesting. I was living in Europe 1983 til 1986; MTV was just getting REALLY strong in early 1983 in the U.S. We didn't receive it in Europe.

So this song is FROM 1985 AND it mentions 1985 as when "MTV used to play music videos" . . . ? Did this song predict that, or was the Great Decline in playing music videos at that time--1985? I thought the decline came later; if so, this song "predicted" it!! Just curious . . .

4. bugmenot1 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post
    I find this interesting. I was living in Europe 1983 til 1986; MTV was just getting REALLY strong in early 1983 in the U.S. We didn't receive it in Europe.

So this song is FROM 1985 AND it mentions 1985 as when "MTV used to play music videos" . . . ? Did this song predict that, or was the Great Decline in playing music videos at that time--1985? I thought the decline came later; if so, this song "predicted" it!! Just curious . . .
    Although the song title is "1985", the song itself was released in 2004.

5. toddy74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by bugmenot1 View Post
    Try this song:

"1985" by Bowling For Soup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K38xNqZvBJI
    Thanks man! That's it

6. toddy74 said:

Wicked catchy tune

Mixalopoulos said:

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie Jasmine View Post

Hi Frankie, this song is from 2004
    Ρεμπέτικο για πάντα. Μάγκες είμαστε.