Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Arabic <-> English Translations

Tags: None

Orwa said:

Quote Originally Posted by ana1228 View Post
    How about this; sorry if I am bothering you

w salmelly ya ama 3la ely bali balek w 2olilha kol kilma
    3anha katbthalek
    And give my regards to "Bali balek" (Bali balak means that you're referring to someone who only you & person who you're talking with know him/her, it is a way to do not say the name)..., and tell her every word i wrote for you about her

I hope above helped

lanw_av, you do not have to delete your post.., i saw it, you're nicer than me in English, so your answer helps too
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

citlalli said:

Quote Originally Posted by Orwa View Post
    ... but it is mixed with Fos7a & Egyptian..., above is Egyptian only

You're always very very welcome.., ask anytime and never say your are bothering us
    Oh gee sorry thanks for correcting; that's the only way for me to learn from you guys and improve isA.

Btw, I know u r leaving soon, so I want to wish u a nice time at home
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.

ana1228 said:

you guys are great great

and what does a7la ayam mean
    Those who mind, don't matter. Those who matter, don't mind!

Orwa said:

Quote Originally Posted by citlalli View Post
    Oh gee sorry thanks for correcting; that's the only way for me to learn from you guys and improve isA.

Btw, I know u r leaving soon, so I want to wish u a nice time at home
    It's our great pleasure, Lallita, and there's a lot of things i am sure you would teach to a native speaker

Ahhh, not very soon, still about 10 days, before i leave i'll send you a PM and tell you bye and ask you if you want anything from Syria
    " Those that don't appreciate life..do not deserve life...how much blood are you willing to give to stay alive....live or die...make your choice... " ( Jigsaw)

Daydream said:

Quote Originally Posted by ana1228 View Post
    you guys are great great

and what does a7la ayam mean
    loveliest days
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥
  6. amira7 said:

Quote Originally Posted by LOVELYMIRABELA View Post
    [I]Hope i am not so smothering with my arabic,but i swear i wanna learn it from the bottom of my heart.thnx u El raisa ,thnx u Orwa,for ur kindness and ur help it means a lot to me,bcz i learning lonely,and here i find good friends ready to help me any time i need.I was trying to get a egyptian dictionary or standard arabic,but,here in my town they start to laugh when i asked about dictionary.lol.
    sa stii ca eu am vazut aici dictionar roman - arab si arab- roman vreo 50Ron bucata daca imi amintesc bine pretul...

Circhoo said:

could U please, help my by translating these words?
    ma3o
    asdak
    doctoy

Orwa said:

Quote Originally Posted by amira7 View Post
    sa stii ca eu am vazut aici dictionar roman - arab si arab- roman vreo 50Ron bucata daca imi amintesc bine pretul...
    I feel you're talking right Amira, just feeling

Orwa said:

Crichooooo, here you goooooo

ma3o = with him

Asdak = your meaning

Doctoy (??) = i do not know what are you referring to..., maybe you mean Doctor??, if soo, then it mean doctor

LOVELYMIRABELA said:

BRAVO, Daydream, you get it, i thought she wanted قادر
    Orwa thnx for u too is my mistake not urs i must to write in arabic to know what i mean it.stupid me

Daydream said:

Orwa thnx for u too is my mistake not urs i must to write in arabic to know what i mean it.stupid me
    Nooo, don't insult yourself!! The English font is enough from you.. You're still learning and we all make mistakes.. There's no fault in that
    Ya reitni 2amle b sha3rak, kel lama ashta2lak atsa7sel w ashoufak ♥

LOVELYMIRABELA said:

Quote Originally Posted by amira7 View Post
    Draga mea eu in Barlad ,in orasul meu knd am intrebato pe vanzatoare de dictionar arab a inceput sa rada a zis k nu are si nici nu a avut vreodata.lol.nam stiut k Barladul e chiar asa inapoiat.Nu e vb d bani e vb k nu gasesc.Knd o sa mai am drum la B am sa-mi kut e orasul mai mare si sigur am sa gasesc.

LOVELYMIRABELA said:

Default thnx u to all my friends for helping me

@Daydream -Ok thnx u for ur help but sometimes i bcm so angry on me when i am trying and trying to study and is like in vain.thnx u all my friends for ur help and support .shokran ya aS7ab.

LOVELYMIRABELA said:

ya3tik sousa-this is not egyptian dialect i am sure about this.isnt it?what means

LOVELYMIRABELA said:

Quote Originally Posted by lanw_av View Post
    LOVELYMIRABELA, ur sentence "I like to walk in the rain so nobody can see my tears." gets translated as "(Ana) Ba7ebb atmasha fel matar 3ashan ma 7addesh yshoof dmoo3i." and in Arabic letters it is "أنا بحب أتمشى في المطر عشان محدش يشوف دموعي", note that "ana" is optional (u r free whether to use it or not, but it is usually used for emphasis).
    since u cannot get a dictionary, u can make ur own one, get a notebook and start writing all the new words u learn with examples and their pronunciations

if u can read Arabic letters, u can find lots of dictionaries on the web, let me know if u can read Arabic letters

PS: damn, how come this post became that long, lol
    Thnx u dear lanw_av i all ready doing this
    Yes i can read arabic letters and i find many dictionary but when i wanna search stg i find it in standard arabic not the egyptian dialect.
    http://dictionar-online.net/dictionar-arab-roman.html
    LoL no damn it.It is very helpful for me .thnx u

El raisa said:

Maybe.., but i didn't hear this word before.., maybe it is only in Egypt??, anyway, i only hear نظير word in football news, it is the only place where i hear نظير
    It is in fus7a too , never mind , football news is ideal place
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

El raisa said:

ya3tik sousa-this is not egyptian dialect i am sure about this.isnt it?what means
    No it is not Egyptian , I do not know what does it mean
    BTW :
    Do not be hard on yourself
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
    — Albert Einstein

Orwa said:

Quote Originally Posted by El raisa View Post
    No it is not Egyptian , I do not know what does it mean
    BTW :
    Do not be hard on yourself
    I SECOND THIS , i do not know the meaning & don't be hard on yourself

@El-Raisa, thanks for the explaning

citlalli said:

I SECOND THIS , i do not know the meaning & don't be hard on yourself

@El-Raisa, thanks for the explaning
    I also support this! Mira querida, you're too hard on yourself always you're much smarter and better than you think

@Orwie: Oh, thanks so much, I'm looking forward to seeing your picz of Syria on facebook
    “If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.” ― Terry Pratchett.
  20. amira7 said:

Draga mea eu in Barlad ,in orasul meu knd am intrebato pe vanzatoare de dictionar arab a inceput sa rada a zis k nu are si nici nu a avut vreodata.lol.nam stiut k Barladul e chiar asa inapoiat.Nu e vb d bani e vb k nu gasesc.Knd o sa mai am drum la B am sa-mi kut e orasul mai mare si sigur am sa gasesc.
    Draga mea stiu ca nu e vorba de bani..pretul ti l-am zis informativ.
    Nu trebuie sa astepti pana ai drum la Bucuresti, poti sa comanzi si pe net si sa-l primesti acasa.

*uite cateva linkuri pentru dictionare:

http://tamada.ro/product--dictionar-...ab--20817.html

http://www.dordecarte.ro/Dictionare_...arab_roman~158

http://www.librarie.net/carti/58981/...Olga-Balanescu

*uite aici si un ghid de conversatie:

http://www.teora.ro/cgi-bin/teora/ro...=111&category=

ghidul asta l-am rasfoit si mi s-a parut a fi egipteana.

*carte pt invatarea limbii arabe in limba romana "Limba araba fara profesor":

http://www.procarti.ro/carte/limba-a...rofesor--i2428

cam ceea ce gasesti prin librariile din Romania legat de limba araba sunt fie in literara, fie in egipteana....