Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Thread: Miscellaneous (not lyrics) Italian <-> English translations

Tags: None

cmyers said:

Please translate into English Thanks in advance.

"Sai quanno se chiagne? Quanno se cunosce ‘o bbene e nun se po’ avé!"...

Quelli che......... se non so matti 'n ce li volemo!!!
    perchè in ogni gruppo di amici quelli che ne entrano a far parte dopo sono sempre peggio di quelli che c'erano prima...

Ligeia said:

Sai quanno se chiagne? Quanno se cunosce ‘o bbene e nun se po’ avé!"...
    Do you know when someone has to cry? When one has known the good but can't have it

Quelli che......... se non so matti 'n ce li volemo!!!
    perchè in ogni gruppo di amici quelli che ne entrano a far parte dopo sono sempre peggio di quelli che c'erano prima...
    Those who...if they're not crazy we don't want them!
    Because in every group of friends those who join later are always worst than the ones that were there before them
    "-Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity..."
    "-Actually, I'm planning to threaten you."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Layla said:

I am here again! Could somebody please translate these 2 stories also?

Sand and Stone

A story tells that two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey they had an argument, and one friend slapped the other one in the face. The one who got slapped was hurt, but without saying anything, wrote in the sand: "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SLAPPED ME IN THE FACE."

They kept on walking until they found an oasis, where they decided to take a bath. The one, who had been slapped, got stuck in the mire and started drowning, but the friend saved him. After the friend recovered from the near drowning, he wrote on a stone: "TODAY MY BEST FRIEND SAVED MY LIFE."

The friend who had slapped and saved his best friend asked him, "After I hurt you, you wrote in the sand and now, you write on a stone, why?"

The other friend replied: "When someone hurts us, we should write it down in sand where winds of forgiveness can erase it away. But, when someone does something good for us, we must engrave it in stone where no wind can ever erase it."

Love and Time

Once upon a time, there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was announced to the feelings that the island would sink, so all constructed boats and left. Except for Love.

Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to hold out until the last possible moment.

When the island had almost sunk, Love decided to ask for help.

Richness was passing by Love in a grand boat. Love said,
    "Richness, can you take me with you?"
    Richness answered, "No, I can't. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you."

Love decided to ask Vanity who was also passing by in a beautiful vessel. "Vanity, please help me!"
    "I can't help you, Love. You are all wet and might damage my boat," Vanity answered.

Sadness was close by so Love asked, "Sadness, let me go with you."
    "Oh . . . Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!"

Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even hear when Love called her.

Suddenly, there was a voice, "Come, Love, I will take you." It was an elder. So blessed and overjoyed, Love even forgot to ask the elder where they were going. When they arrived at dry land, the elder went her own way. Realizing how much was owed the elder,

Love asked Knowledge, another elder, "Who Helped me?"
    "It was Time," Knowledge answered.
    "Time?" asked Love. "But why did Time help me?"
    Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, "Because only Time is capable of understanding how valuable Love is."

Ligeia said:

Sabbia e roccia.

Una storia racconta di due amici che passeggiavano sulla spiaggia. Ad un certo punto del viaggio ebbero una lite, e uno dei due diede uno schiaffo all'altro. L'amico che era stato schiaffeggiato si sentiva ferito, ma senza dire nulla scrisse nella sabbia: "oggi il mio migliore amico mi ha schiaffeggiato".

Continuarono a camminare finchè non raggiunsero un'oasi, dove decisero di fare un bagno. Quello che era stato schiaffeggiato rimase impantanato nel fango ed iniziò ad annegare, ma l'amico lo salvò. Dopo che si fu ripreso, scrisse su una pietra: "Oggi il mio migliore amico mi ha salvato la vita."

L'amico che aveva schiaffeggiato e salvato il suo migliore amico gli chiese: "Dopo che ti ho ferito hai scritto sulla sabbia, e ora scrivi sulla pietra. Perchè?"

L'altro amico rispose: "Quando qualcuno ci ferisce dovremmo scriverlo sulla sabbia in modo che il vento del perdono possa cancellarlo. Ma quando qualcuno fa qualcosa di buono per noi, dobbiamo inciderlo nella pietra dove nessun vento potrà mai cancellarlo."

"Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do. Evil plots don't just make themselves, you know!"

Ligeia said:

Amore e Tempo.

C'era una volta un'isola sulla quale vivevano tutti i sentimenti: Felicità, Tristezza, Conoscenza e tutti gli altri, incluso l'Amore.

Un giorno venne annunciato ai sentimenti che l'isola sarebbe affondata, così tutti costruirono delle barche e partirono. Eccetto l'Amore.

Amore fu l'unico che rimase. L'Amore voleva resistere fino all'ultimo.
    Quando l'isola era quasi affondata, decise di chiedere aiuto.

Ricchezza stava passando di lì in una grande barca. Amore chiese: "Ricchezza, puoi portarmi con te?"
    Ricchezza rispose: "No, non posso. C'è un sacco di oro e argento nella mia nave. Non c'è posto per te qui."

Amore decise di chiedere a Vanità, che stava passando di lì su di un bellissimo vascello. "Vanità, per favore, aiutami!"
    "Non posso aiutarti Amore. Sei tutto bagnato e potresti danneggiare la mia nave!"rispose Vanità.

Tristezza era vicina così Amore chiese: "Tristezza, fammi venire con te!".
    "Oh, Amore...sono così triste che ho bisogno di restare da sola."

Felicità passò di lì, ma era così felice che nemmeno sentì Amore chiederle aiuto.

Improvvisamente una voce: "Vieni Amore, ti porterò io." . Era un'anziana. Amore si sentiva talmente fortunato e felice che dimenticò di chiedere all'anziana dove stessero andando.

Quando arrivarono sulla terra ferma, l'anziana se ne andò per la sua strada.
    Rendendosi conto di quanto dovesse all'anziana, l'amore domandò a Conoscenza, un'altra anziana: "Chi mi ha aiutato?"
    "E' stato il Tempo" rispose Conoscenza
    "Tempo?" chiese Amore "e perchè Tempo mi ha aiutato?".
    Conoscenza sorrise con profonda saggezza e rispose: "Perchè solo il Tempo è capace di comprendere quanto prezioso sia l'Amore.".

cmyers said:

Translation into English please:

C'è una persona con la quale non chiuderemo mai del tutto i conti..
    C'è una persona che perdoneremo sempre, nonstante tutto il male che ci ha fatto.

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by cmyers View Post
    Translation into English please:

C'è una persona con la quale non chiuderemo mai del tutto i conti..
    C'è una persona che perdoneremo sempre, nonstante tutto il male che ci ha fatto.
    There's a person with whom we'll never finish/close our accounts...
    There's a person whom we always forgive, despite all the harm she/he did to us.

Layla said:

Ligeia, thank you so much again and again!

cmyers said:

Another Italian Quote translated into English please:

Continuavamo a lasciarci. Potevamo stare lontani chilometri e chilometri senza soffrire, ma non metri. Se non ci vedevamo riuscivamo tranquillamente a stare l'uno senza l'altra,ma se per sbaglio ci trovavamo eravamo come il ferro e la calamita. perfettine
    Last edited by cmyers; 09-11-2010 at 11:40 PM.

Ligeia said:

Continuavamo a lasciarci. Potevamo stare lontani chilometri e chilometri senza soffrire, ma non metri. Se non ci vedevamo riuscivamo tranquillamente a stare l'uno senza l'altra,ma se per sbaglio ci trovavamo eravamo come il ferro e la calamita.
    We kept breaking up. We could be miles and miles away from each other without suffering, but not metres. If we didn't see (each other) we could easily live without each other, but if by chance we met we were like iron and magnet.

cmyers said:

italian translated into English please:

Mi arrendo soltanto quando ho la prova certa che quello per cui sto combattendo, non mi dà più ragioni per continuare a farlo!!

baby_girl_ said:

Quote Originally Posted by cmyers View Post
    italian translated into English please:

Mi arrendo soltanto quando ho la prova certa che quello per cui sto combattendo, non mi dà più ragioni per continuare a farlo!!
    I'll give up/surrender only when I'll be very certain that the person for who I fight, doesn't give me more reasons to keep on doing it!!! (fighting)

cmyers said:

Another Italian Phrase translated into English please:

Vivo Solo Di Te... .... Sei La Parte Di Me Che Ogni Giorno Me Fa Respirare, Chiuso Dentro Di Me, Prigioniero Di Te, Sei il Dolore Che Mi Fa Più Male ...Vivo Solo Di Te Non Trattarmi Così, Come Puoi Pensare Che Ti Lascio Andare, Cado a Pezzi Nelle Tue Parole, Che Mi Fanno Male Da Morire.

Ligeia said:

Vivo Solo Di Te... .... Sei La Parte Di Me Che Ogni Giorno Me Fa Respirare, Chiuso Dentro Di Me, Prigioniero Di Te, Sei il Dolore Che Mi Fa Più Male ...Vivo Solo Di Te Non Trattarmi Così, Come Puoi Pensare Che Ti Lascio Andare, Cado a Pezzi Nelle Tue Parole, Che Mi Fanno Male Da Morire.
    I live only of thee...you're the part of me that makes me breathe every day, closed inside me, I'm your prisoner, yo're the sorrow that hurts me the most...I live only of thee, don't treat me this way, how could you think that I'd let you go? I fall apart in thy words that hurt me so much!

cmyers said:

Italian Phrase translated into English please:

Mentre adesso e tutto lontanissimo. E ci divide un solco profondissimo.

Ligeia said:

Mentre adesso e tutto lontanissimo. E ci divide un solco profondissimo
    While now everything is so far away. And there's a very deep chasm between us.

cmyers said:

As always thank you all so much! Could someone translate this for me please:

Èèèè e ja...mo voglio sapè pur'io!

Magg fa na lampada.

Ligeia said:

Èèèè e ja...mo voglio sapè pur'io!
    Come on, I wanna know it too!

Magg fa na lampada.
    I have to go/need to go on a sunbed

cmyers said:

Thank you. Here is the rest of it. Sorry, I thought I had pasted it in here already.

Raga a parte che ale si vuole fare na lampada MELA (cioè si vuole fare un a caterba di centinaia di km)solo per non sembrare o frat cugin e l'uovo sodo...io non ciò capito un.

Ligeia said:

Raga a parte che ale si vuole fare na lampada MELA (cioè si vuole fare un a caterba di centinaia di km)solo per non sembrare o frat cugin e l'uovo sodo...io non ciò capito un.

Blimey! What a terrible way to write, I don't think this could be called italian!

Guys, Ale wants to go on a sunbed (in Mela?) (that means he wants to uselessly travel hundreds of kilometres) only because he doesn't want to look like the brother cousin (??) and the boiled egg---I didn't understand it
    p.s. Is Mela a city or something similar? Because the phrase doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Ligeia; 09-15-2010 at 08:12 PM.