Serbian...

Thread: Serbian...

Tags: None
  1. lunique said:

In fact, bez ljubavi is a very nice song, and your translation is clear but i didn't understand what it is about)
    how do you think?
    Marija is singing the first part, the second is sung by a man.

Angelus said:

no problem about the translations, its my pleasure, ill get on the new ones asap and i will also write out my understanding of bez liubavi
  3. lunique said:

Wink

Thanks, I'll be waiting, good luck for your projects

Angelus said:

im working on them but actually im getting help with one cuz actually im not serbian neither do i speak it lol..i understand but some tenses make it difficult so im waiting for a friend of mine to get back to me with some explanations.. or the translation for that matter lol
  5. Moona said:

Thumbs up serbian

Hi Angelus! If u need help with serbian just say, and really ur serbian is very good, hope that i will learn arabic, one day, inshala. Shukran gazilen for ur post about arabic lyrics u helpd me so much. All the best!!! Mona

Angelus said:

hey Mona sweetheart, thank you very much for that offer, i might just take you up on it w me too i hope to learn arabic one day lol... no i will , you will...aiwa we all will glad to have helped, take care
  7. lunique said:

Angelus, and you are from where? and how you happen to know Serbian so well?
    I've got one more questions to Serbian speaking
    pozovi - it means to call by voice or by phone?
    in Russian there is such a world that means to call by voice only. is it the same in Serbian?
  8. Moona said:

Quote Originally Posted by lunique View Post
    in Russian there is such a world that means to call by voice only. is it the same in Serbian?
    Hello! Hope every1 ok!

"Pozovi" means call by phone, e.g. if u say to someone "pozovi me" (call me), you expect phone call with that person. Sorry if you wanted answere from Angelus, but i just wanted to help her and you of course.

Best regards!!!

Angelus said:

Default Naj Najbolja

Naj Najbolja / the best*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na pet minuta od tebe zivim ja / i live 5 mins away from you
    i tuda prodjem barem tri put na dan / and here i walk at least 3 times a day
    da l' slucajno to jedno pogadjaj / so that perhaps you will once see**
    i 'ko te tajno voli mesecima / who is secretly loving you endlessly
    i tesko mi je, a i smesno to / and its hard on me, and funny at the same time
    a ti i ne sanjas da sanjam te jos / that you dont even dream of my dreaming of you still****

Naj, najbolja, naj / the best, the best
    znaj, ja sam za tebe / know, i am for you (the best)
    naj, najbolja, naj / the best, the best
    pa budi i ti za mene / be that for me as well

Eh sto mi misli ne procitas ti / ah, why dont you read my thoughts
    slovo po slovo eto imena tvog / word by word, there is your name
    eh sto bas meni da se svidis ti / ah, just so that you see me
    i jos na celu da mi pise to / and let it be written on my forehead
    eh sto mi nisi malo blizi ti / ah, why arent you a little bit closer to me
    bar toliko da me osetis / even if its just to feel me*****

*najbolja means the best, when you say naj najbolja is stresses the point once more, unfortunately with no equivalent in english, something like THE THE best...as in it doesnt get any more than that
    ** actually this is not a word for word translation, more like the meaning as it makes sense in english to an extent..she doesnt say perhaps, she says by chance which is a rather eastern european way of expressing it...and its not exactly see, more in the lines of guess/find out
    *** again the word is not endlessly but it sounds better in english lol
    **** as in he has no clue, not even in his dreams at night that she is still dreaming of him
    ***** feel her as in not physically but more like feel her presence

Angelus said:

Quote Originally Posted by lunique View Post
    Angelus is armenian born in bulgaria and have to add with an arabic soul the serbian i know is because of serbian friends, some of which dont speak english or anything, so they speak serbian to me and i reply in bulgarian..and the words we dont understand, we explain to each other and hence learn in the process hehe.. and there is the serbian songs, me im a fan of ceca

Angelus said:

oh and btw the other two are coming up

Angelus said:

Default Povredi me

Povredi me / Hurt me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reci, bio sam s njom, nesto mi uradi / say, i was with her, do something to me
    malo razmrdaj me, zeljo najveca / a little move me, i wish the most*
    znaj da najludje je srce sto u prazno kuca / know, the worst is a heart that lives in emptiness**
    niti boli niti voli i ne oseca / it doesnt hurt, it doesnt love and it doesnt feel

Povredi me, znam da reci su reci / hurt me, i know words are words
    al' otrov tvoj mene moze da leci / but your poison can heal me
    povredi me pa da znam da sam ziva / hurt me so that i know im alive
    jer venem ti ni duzna ni kriva / cuz im fading away*****

Reci, bio sam s njom pa me iznenadi / say, i was with her and surprise me
    dugo ubija me ova navika / sadness kill me that way***
    daj, uradi mi to, moram da te vidim s drugom / come on, do it to me, i want to see you with another
    da mi telom kao struja prodje panika / so the panick shoots through my body as if it was cut with a string****

* move me as in stir me up
    ** word for word its the craziest heart is one that empty walks..but i dont think that translates well in english
    ***actually ova navika means that habit..as in sadness kill me in the way you always do..since the pain she is singing about always feels the same way
    **** here i added the 'as if it was cut', the sentence reads so that my body feels the panick pass through...but since those words sound vague in english i translated it to that to convey the essence of her feeling
    ***** and i forgot to say ni duzna ni kriva is a phrase that doesnt have an exact translation,but the essence is that she is fading away

Angelus said:

Default Jos jedan korak

Jos jedan korak / One more step

Jos jedan korak unazad, vise nemam kuda / one more step backwards, i have no where to go no more
    dosla sam do granice kad je previse / i came to the limits and over
    zbog tebe sve sam trpela i bila luda / over you i abided everything and was crazy
    a nista nisam dobila nikada, nikada / and never got anything in return, never

Jos jedan korak unazad / one more step backwards
    i ako krenem dalje / and if i set forth any further
    blize sam do ocaja / i will be next to desperation*
    odlazim, zasluzila sam bolje / i am leaving, i deserve more
    s tobom ne idem nikuda / with you, im not getting anywhere

Sad kad vidim da si ti moja nesreca / now when i see that you are my unhappiness
    sad kad vidim da si moja gorka istina / now when i see that you are my sad truth
    moracu da nadjem lek jaci od vremena / i wish to find a cure of time
    da te prebolim zauvek, da zaboravim / to get over you for good, to forget you

Jos jedan korak nizbrdo / one more step downhill
    i svaki je sve dublje / and every one (step) i will double**
    na ivici sam ponora / im on the edge
    pusti me da sacuvam / let me save
    bar ovo malo ponosa, pusti me / the little thats left, let me***

*says close to desperation and the following sentence is i deserved more, as in i have earned more..again not a word by word translation in order to convey the correct essence of it all
    ** as in for every one step, she would take two...hopes that makes sense
    *** let me here is not in the sense of allow me but more along the lines of leave me, as in leave me to it
  14. lunique said:

Thanks for your replies everybody, that was very clear and very helpful, it's much better to listen to songs when you understans what they are about.
    you should be a real polyglot, Angelus
    take care

Angelus said:

lol.. thanks ... im glad to have helped take care

croatian babe said:

girls and boys if you need translation on serbian i could do it.im glad that our music is so popular.wow
  17. lunique said:

Thanks for your proposition, i'm glad in return that there are people ready to help, it's so nice. But i've already found translation of all songs of Marija on the net, that's why I'm not asking you any more, even if your translation was much more complete, with explanations but ok, i will not ask you to do a double work.
    but if you can advise me some other good singers of yours i will be very grateful. and preferably if you can with links where i can download them. thanks
  18. x0xPureDevotionx0x said:

Default Serbian

Hey to all! I'm new here, so i'm kinda stuck on how to use this forum:P um, well, last week i was told by my parents that im Half-Serbish, so, i'm now using my spare time to try and learn my Native language. could anyone possibly help me with this?
    Thanks!

croatian babe said:

hay.i could help you littlebit if you want.

Angelus said:

Quote Originally Posted by x0xPureDevotionx0x View Post
    Hey to all! I'm new here, so i'm kinda stuck on how to use this forum:P um, well, last week i was told by my parents that im Half-Serbish, so, i'm now using my spare time to try and learn my Native language. could anyone possibly help me with this?
    Thanks!
    im not serbian so i wont know grammar and such.. i can understand and translate but i dont speak.. dont ask how that works .. but i see you are in england.. know any serbians around here?