Rap is dominating the Lyrics Review forum.

Thread: Rap is dominating the Lyrics Review forum.

Tags: None

Newbie01 said:

Default Rap is dominating the Lyrics Review forum.

The majority of the stuff here is rap... which I don't mind, because that's what I'm in to, but still... just weird....

Zachre said:

Because it creates competition. If we're honest, 90% of people don't care about your lyrics, they just want you to review theirs. This way, with raps, you show lyrical skill, and give people a reason to reply.

Molotova said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachre View Post
    Because it creates competition. If we're honest, 90% of people don't care about your lyrics, they just want you to review theirs. This way, with raps, you show lyrical skill, and give people a reason to reply.
    Actually, most of the time, I do mind reading ppl's lyrics. After all it's the only way to get back at them, and if they're any good, u can learn something.
    1 <3
  4. Psychotic Wooden Fist said:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachre View Post
    This.

I'm not really a massive fan of rap, that's probably why i wont be posting here that much, i only really come here to see if people like my lyrics, no point me sharing my lyrics with people who don't want to read them.

Zachre said:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic Wooden Fist View Post
    This.

I'm not really a massive fan of rap, that's probably why i wont be posting here that much, i only really come here to see if people like my lyrics, no point me sharing my lyrics with people who don't want to read them.
    Yeah, I came here for the same reason. But then I realized, everyone who posts in this section came for that reason most likely. So they're just going to be bumping their post wanting feedback, not caring about the others. And if you do get feedback it might just be like one sentence of "It's good"

Molotova said:

Well Zachre, why don't you just post one of your lyrics and I'll take my time and seriously review it and give you an honest opinion that will be much longer then just one sentence.
    1 <3

Zachre said:

Quote Originally Posted by Molotova View Post
    Well Zachre, why don't you just post one of your lyrics and I'll take my time and seriously review it and give you an honest opinion that will be much longer then just one sentence.
    Hahaha I know you will Molo, I was just stating a generality. Maybe I will post some lyrics sooner or later.

Molotova said:

Aayt
    1 <3

LyricsAngel said:

I'm not really into rap and I came here to see what people think of my lyrics, and get tips to improve my writing style. Does anyone else think there should be a separate thread for raps?
    [Today] is the *tomorrow* you worried about ~yesterday~.Live for the ♥next day♥, not the ◘day before◘.

Molotova said:

Quote Originally Posted by LyricsAngel View Post
    I'm not really into rap and I came here to see what people think of my lyrics, and get tips to improve my writing style. Does anyone else think there should be a separate thread for raps?
    Yeah, it would be nice if there was a seperate thread for raps. How can we create one ? (we obviously can't work with only one thread because everybody is posting lyrics about different subjects)
    1 <3
  11. Psychotic Wooden Fist said:

If by thread you mean section, then you need t be a super mod/admin on most VBulletin run forums like this one. it might be worth suggesting to them, because it is sort of silly how the first page is bombarded with raps and people trying to write non-rap lyrics just get pretty much ignored. People would probably stay longer and use the site more if this happened. it would be a definite improvement.

Molotova said:

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic Wooden Fist View Post
    If by thread you mean section, then you need t be a super mod/admin on most VBulletin run forums like this one. it might be worth suggesting to them, because it is sort of silly how the first page is bombarded with raps and people trying to write non-rap lyrics just get pretty much ignored. People would probably stay longer and use the site more if this happened. it would be a definite improvement.
    Yeah, I meant a section. How can I find a super moderator or administrator to request this ? And can't we like request it with a few people ? This way, they can't really ignore our request, right ?
    1 <3
  13. Psychotic Wooden Fist said:

Well, i'm trying to find a staff list right now, but i can't seem to see one. It looks like this forum is pretty much left to run it's self too, i think i've only seen one mod since i've been here. Also it's noticeable that the copyright goes up to 2006 and not 2010, suggesting this site hasn't really had any staff in 4 years.

[edit]
    There is a "contact us" link at the bottom of the page and that's the only thing i can find. I've sent a request there.
    Last edited by Psychotic Wooden Fist; 11-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Newbie01 said:

Whoa, we're going to actually create a RAP section? Like, full on? I didn't think it would come this far....
  15. Psychotic Wooden Fist said:

Yeah, i think they should, or at least a sub-forum for it.
    I sent my request.

Molotova said:

No news yet ?
    1 <3
  17. Psychotic Wooden Fist said:

Nope, looking at the end of the copyright at the bottom of the board the owners don't come here often.

Molotova said:

We have a rap lyrics forum already ...
    1 <3