/ENG -> FIN/ Messages translate

Thread: /ENG -> FIN/ Messages translate

Tags: None
  1. katse said:

Default /ENG -> FIN/ Messages translate

Could you translate this?:

Hello everyone! I'm so happy to doing this video for you, my friends! Hope you understand all what I'm saying. So, first I want to say that I love you and you're all my family. I couldn't live without you! You always help me with my problems when I'm falling apart. This is my new account and I'm so excited about that! Please, send me your twitter logins, I'll follow you with pleasure! Much love goes to you!
    I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts.

2. pianoman74 said:

OK I'll try! (But beware I'm not native Finnish )
    I'm going to take this as a chance to reactivate my rusty language skills.

Hei kaikille! Olen kovin onnellinen tätä videota tehtävissä teille ystävilleni!
    Toivottavasti ymmärrätte kaiken sanottavan. Näin, ensinnäkin haluan teidän tietävän, kuinka paljon välitän teistä ja teidän pidän perhettäni.
    Minä en pystyisi {elää} (edit: 'elämään') ilman teitä! Minun ollessani romahduksen partaalla, olette jo siellä auttaaksenne minua ongelmissani.
    Tämä on uusi käyttäjätunnukseni, josta olen erittäin innoissani.
    Olkaa hyvä ja lähettäkää minulle Twitter tunnuksenne, tulen seuramaan teitä riemukkaasti!
    Pidän teistä hyvin paljon! En usko mihinkään kuin sydäntemme lyöntiin.

--
    Lemme see who will correct me and what.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 11-13-2010 at 08:18 PM. Reason: corrected very embarrassing grammar mistake

Ronya^^ said:

Maybe i'll give you my translation for it... lets see how different it is

Hei kaikki! Olen niin iloinen että saan tehdä tämän videon teille, ystäväni! Toivottavasti ymmärrätte kaiken mitä puhun. Joten, aluksi haluan sanoa että rakastan* teitä ja olette kaikki perhettäni. En voisi elää ilman teitä. Autatte minua aina ongelmieni kanssa, kun olen romahduksen partaalla. Tämä on uusi käyttäjätunnukseni ja olen siitä erittäin innoissani. Olkaa hyvä ja lähettäkää minulle Twitter tunnuksenne, seuraan teitä mielelläni. Rakastan* teitä hyvin paljon! En usko mihinkään muuhun kuin sydäntemme lyöntiin.

*Love = rakastaa... but in this case you could just talk about liking(=pitää)
    so the alternative word would be pidän

but yeah, i guess that's about it... ^^

4. pianoman74 said:

wow! I got the toughest sentence right (the last one, had to watch like hell for the correct cases!), that's already very comfortable!
    ... and also the "romahduksen partaalla" bit is identical to yours

I too vote against the "rakastan..." bit here, in favour of "pidän teistä".

@Ronya
    - "en pystyisi elää ilman..." isn't wrong, or is it??

- is the next bit grammatically correct? (though maybe more literal than colloquial use)
    "olette siellä auttaaksenne minua ongelmissani"

"you guys are there TO HELP ME..."

Those "to" infinitive clauses in English (to express plans, intentions etc.) are really tricky to get into Finnish, from experience.
    Last edited by pianoman74; 11-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Ronya^^ said:

* " en pystyisi _elämään_ ilman..."

can't think of anything more now :|

6. pianoman74 said:

You're a star!!
    Of course pystyä takes the 3rd infinitive (like suostua), whoops that one slipped me through completely. Thanks!