Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Yes, it's better than listening to it, for sure.
    Some tunes are pretty catchy you know

Thanks
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,309 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    I love reading arabesk
    Here's more for you:

Senin annen bir melekti yavrum // Your mother was an angel, kid

Güzel olduğunuz kadar küstahsınız da // You’re beautiful, also insolent

Size baba diyebilir miyim amca? // May I call you “dad” uncle?

Tanrım, görmüyorum // My God, I can’t see!

Avrupa'da ameliyat olması gerekiyor // S/he must have an operation in Europe.

İç güzelim, bir şey olmayacak // Drink darling, nothing will happen.

Evinin kadını, çocuklarının anası olacaksın // You’ll become the woman of your home (family), mother of your children.

Sizden nefret etmek istiyorum şu anda // I wanna hate you right now

Bir kere daha karşılaşırsak kadere inanacağım // If we come across again I’m gonna believe in destiny

Seni artist yapacağım // I’ll make you an artist

Hayır! Durun! Kemal suçsuzdur! Aradıgınız suçlu benim ! // No!! Wait!! Kemal is innocent! I’m the guilty one you’re looking for.

Hic merak etmeyin, kızınızı dünyanın en mutlu kadını yapacagım // Don’t worry, I’ll make your daughter the happiest woman in the world

Tanrım neden, neden ben // My God, why, why me?

Parayla saadet olmaz evladım, bunu sakın unutma // One can’t be happy with money kid, don’t forget that

Hayır, siz kovmuyorsunuz, ben vazifemden istifa ediyorum // No, you don’t fire, I resign

Peki bana yazdığın aşk dolu o mektuplar, meğer hepsi yalanmış, neden , neden // Ok, what about the letters full of love that you wrote for me, apparently all of them were lies, why, why

Bana yıllar önce cılgıncasına sevdigim bir kadını hatırlattınız // You reminded me of a woman that I loved like crazy years ago

Beni paranla satın alabilecegini mi sandın // Did you think you can buy me with your money?

Rica ederim, duygularımla oynamayın // Please, don’t play with my feelings

Nolur gerçeği söyleyin doktor, yaşayacak mıyım? // Please tell me the truth doc, am I going to live?

PS Sorry for off-topicness.

Thanks

I LOVE it And I've heard like 90% of them in turkish soaps

Sizden nefret etmek istiyorum şu anda

Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    Here's more for you:

Avrupa'da ameliyat olması gerekiyor // S/he must have an operation in Europe.

Sizden nefret etmek istiyorum şu anda // I wanna hate you right now

Bir kere daha karşılaşırsak kadere inanacağım // If we come across again I’m gonna believe in destiny

Hayır! Durun! Kemal suçsuzdur! Aradıgınız suçlu benim ! // No!! Wait!! Kemal is innocent! I’m the guilty one you’re looking for.

Peki bana yazdığın aşk dolu o mektuplar, meğer hepsi yalanmış, neden , neden // Ok, what about the letters full of love that you wrote for me, apparently all of them were lies, why, why

Rica ederim, duygularımla oynamayın // Please, don’t play with my feelings

Nolur gerçeği söyleyin doktor, yaşayacak mıyım? // Please tell me the truth doc, am I going to live?

PS Sorry for off-topicness.

HAHAHAHAHA seriously laughing my a r s e off! You're so great Mila...do you keep a book of these lines or something? How are you able to come up with these genius things to say so quickly?

And I resent the off-topicness. Tanrım neden, neden ben... I never ever never go off-topic so please, have some respect!

Thanks

HAHAHAHAHA seriously laughing my a r s e off! You're so great Mila...do you keep a book of these lines or something? How are you able to come up with these genius things to say so quickly?
    They're really funny. It was not that hard to find those lines coz as I told you before I'm a movie freak. (But not fond of these arabesk movies of course. :P)

And I resent the off-topicness. Tanrım neden, neden ben... I never ever never go off-topic so please, have some respect!
    "Huh, women...Even if they are princess they are always the same...They always want the impossible."

Thanks

"Huh, women...Even if they are princess they are always the same...They always want the impossible."

Okay, I give up...what's that from?
    (I even googled to see if I could find this, so I would look very cool and impressive, but I found nothing useful. )

Thanks

It's from a cult historical movie. (I looked for a link for that line but couldn't find.)

Thanks

Panik - Sus (Hush)

Bizi sevmeyeni biz de sevmiyoruz // We don't love the ones who don't love us

Thanks

Panik - Sus (Hush)

Ahh, poetic... I think this is the only place where Panik lyrics will be quoted like this, so thoughtfully.
    This is a good place to be.

(Did you hear the non-Yuxexes version yet?)

Deniz Yılmaz- She (I read that this was an advertisement campaign for some women's perfume. )

It's a sunny day in town,
    I've got a funky story to tell you
    It's no monkey business
    So listen up, c'mon!

These lyrics. Are just. Genius.

Thanks

Mustafa Ceceli - Belke

Gül dikensiz olur mu? Ah etmezdik
    Can rose be without a thorn? We wouldn't damn it

the trans in italic font seems a bit off, for me I understand it as "we didn't utter a sigh/didn't complain"
    The hours of pain have yielded good,
    Which prosperous days refused;
    As herbs, though scentless when entire,
    Spread fragrance when they’re bruised.

Thanks

Panik - Sus (Hush)

If only that was true...

Thanks

Yes, it's better than listening to it, for sure.
    So right, soooo right
    The problem begins when you fall head over heels in love with Mr Ozcan Deniz - oh, Aman, then the situation becomes cok zor

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    So right, soooo right
    The problem begins when you fall head over heels in love with Mr Ozcan Deniz - oh, Aman, then the situation becomes cok zor
    I have not had the experience of falling in love Özcan Deniz. Actually I have only heard him in collaborations with Gripin and Emre Aydın...and I'm sorry to say Paul, his voice annoys me so much. So much. (actually I wasn't sure if the voice was male or female so I had to look him up a while ago to find out.)
    Does your wife know you have fallen in love?

Thanks

I have not had the experience of falling in love Özcan Deniz. Actually I have only heard him in collaborations with Gripin and Emre Aydın...and I'm sorry to say Paul, his voice annoys me so much. So much. (actually I wasn't sure if the voice was male or female so I had to look him up a while ago to find out.) Does your wife know you have fallen in love?
    Well that's the point - he's got a very good voice (and it was properly set by his teachers) but when he starts singing arabesque it really may be annoying. And that's the problem - you love the guy and cannot listen to him singing - tragedy!

My wife is ... completely disinterested in anything that concerns Turkey (to put it very mildly) or ... music in general. Why Allah chose to put this very woman on my road will always remain a mystery to me

Thanks

Well that's the point - he's got a very good voice (and it was properly set by his teachers) but when he starts singing arabesque it really may be annoying. And that's the problem - you love the guy and cannot listen to him singing - tragedy!
    Well, actually, I don't love anything about Özcan Deniz- I don't like his voice, music style, or looks. (I watched the video you sent, but I don't see the attraction...he's too masculine/macho looking for my type...haha, maybe Milena would like him, send it to her! ) But it's okay...I think you like him enough for both of us, Paul.

My wife is ... completely disinterested in anything that concerns Turkey (to put it very mildly) or ... music in general. Why Allah chose to put this very woman on my road will always remain a mystery to me
    I don't know that Allah puts anyone on our road...what I do know is that you chose her from all those people on the road.

Well, it's been approximately 40 posts since anyone has written Hayko Cepkin lyrics, and so the time has come for me to do that difficult, but unavoidable task.

Hayko Cepkin- Balık Olsaydım // I Wish I Were a Fish This should be dedicated probably to "Red Fish" Palestina.
    Best Time To Listen- After the first time you learn that some fish have very short memories.

Çürük bir parçam beni terketti
    one rotten part of me has left me
    Bunu tekrar yeşertmek elimde değil
    i can't manage to revive it again
    Gönül isterdi balık doğsaydım
    i wish i was born as a fish
    Malesef unutmak elimde değil
    unfortunately, i can't help remembering
    (Translated by Kibele- muchas gracias)

Teoman- Gökdelenler // Skyscrapers (But everyone should know that Hayko Cepkin does this song the best.

uzun uzun seyrettim seni // I've been watching you for a while
    diğer köşesinden barın // From across the bar
    bir karakter oturttum yüzüne,kalbine // I've attributed a character to your face and heart

(but just when you think Teoman will become a crazy stalker like that Nihat guy...)

korkma ısrar yok bende // Don't be afraid, I'm not persistent
    avunurum içkiyle // I'll console myself with drinking

gökdelenlerden tükürdüm dünyaya // I've been spitting on the world from skyscrapers
    ben hayatım boyunca // All throughout my life
    buyüzden kupkuru ağzım // That's the reason my mouth is dry

Teoman writes the coolest lines. And Hayko sings them the coolest way.

Thanks

Zaza where do you get your lyrics from? Haha I wish I was a fish poisson!

My wife is ... completely disinterested in anything that concerns Turkey (to put it very mildly) or ... music in general. Why Allah chose to put this very woman on my road will always remain a mystery to me:
    Your poor wife I would like to know why you're interested in Turkey!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Zaza where do you get your lyrics from? Haha I wish I was a fish poisson!

Your poor wife I would like to know why you're interested in Turkey!
    That's a looong story Viv and too off-topic - Milena would fire me from this forum if I started writing about it and we wouldn't like that, would we?

Thanks

Well, actually, I don't love anything about Özcan Deniz- I don't like his voice, music style, or looks. (I watched the video you sent, but I don't see the attraction...he's too masculine/macho looking for my type...haha, maybe Milena would like him, send it to her! ) But it's okay...I think you like him enough for both of us, Paul.
    I don't know that Allah puts anyone on our road...what I do know is that you chose her from all those people on the road.
    He may look like a macho alright but his soul defo isn't - trust me on that, bebegim!

I should like to make an official statement here: I did not choose her - she chose me, I'm afraid. And I ... was too weak to decline the offer ... and soon afterwards did not have much choice.
    But it always takes part of your blame if you entangle Higher Instances into your little human problems and make them responsible for your actions

Thanks

Then lawyer Viva would come and fight for you

Thanks

If its a romantic story Viva wants to know well actually Viva likes knowing everything

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast