[Ukranian to English] Время и Стекло - Так выпала Карта

Thread: [Ukranian to English] Время и Стекло - Так выпала Карта

Tags: Время и Стекло, Так выпала Карта, english, lyrics, ukranian

Daki Kibe said:

Exclamation [Ukranian to English] Время и Стекло - Так выпала Карта

I came across this song and fell in love with it instantly. Unfortunately, (and this happens a lot to me ¬_¬), I don't understand even a single word of Ukranian. So here I am, asking for help. Yet again.

Last time I received no replies. NO replies. NONE. T_T
    So hopefully this time someone will reply and I will thank them forever. ^x^
    Yes, let's pray that'll happen.

I'd like the lyrics in full English, and if possible, romanized as well. That would be nice. Yes. Actually, let's make it the other way around. Let's have it romanized, and if possible, fully translated into English. Yes. That's it.

So romanized and translated. If possible. Please.

Here's the YouTube link, to which I have contributed over 25 views.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkOq-w-8F8

Thank you, in advance.
    Daki~

JunjouLover said:

Gotta learn some reading rules if you want to learn to pronounce it right, but if it's casual or just for fun, just don't bother.

Tak vypala karta, tak sud'ba rasstavila fishki
    Gde zhe ty, moja malyshka? Na kakoj stranice knizhki o ljubvi?
    Tak vypala karta, tak sud'ba rasstavila roli
    Pod kakim teper' parolem zahodit' mne na stranicy o ljubvi?

Ja listala zhizn' ochen' bystro, propuskaja abzacy i celye glavy.
    Proletali dni, slovno iskry, a ljubvi v nih bylo tak malo.
    Ne mogla snachala poverit', sredi dyma prokurennyh okon
    Raspahnulis' tjazhjolye dveri, zadrozhali vo mnenii stjokla.
    Slovno angel na zemlju spustilsja. Ja zashla na tvojo after-party.
    Tjoplyj luchik ko mne ustremilsja na kraju odinokoj krovati.
    Ja chitala v glazah tvoih pravdu. Ja tebja zhdal vsju zhizn', ty zhe znaesh'.
    Nu zachem govorish' mne "do zavtra"? Nu zachem ot menja ischezaesh'?

Ne ostavili v knige zakladki, chtob vernut'sja nazad i vsjo vspomnit'.
    Juzhnyj bereg. Pritornyj sladkij zapah veter po morju razgonit.
    Nad solomennoj kryshej bungalo odinokim skuchajushhim pljazhem
    Nashe leto s toboj ubezhalo, ne skazav ne proshhanie dazhe
    Zaderzhis' hotja by na den', podari mne luchik schast'ja.
    Posidi so mnoju rjadom, ne deli ljubov' na chasti.
    Ja chital v glazah tvoih pravdu. Ja tebja zhdal vsju zhizn', ty zhe znaesh'.

3. pianoman74 said:

Hmm. Looks like an Ukrainian group singing in Russian, as this one sung in Ukrainian language would be a tad different...

Daki Kibe said:

Quote Originally Posted by JunjouLover View Post
    Gotta learn some reading rules if you want to learn to pronounce it right, but if it's casual or just for fun, just don't bother.

Ja listala zhizn' ochen' bystro, propuskaja abzacy i celye glavy.
    Proletali dni, slovno iskry, a ljubvi v nih bylo tak malo.
    Ne mogla snachala poverit', sredi dyma prokurennyh okon
    Raspahnulis' tjazhjolye dveri, zadrozhali vo mnenii stjokla.
    Slovno angel na zemlju spustilsja. Ja zashla na tvojo after-party.
    Tjoplyj luchik ko mne ustremilsja na kraju odinokoj krovati.
    Ja chitala v glazah tvoih pravdu. Ja tebja zhdal vsju zhizn', ty zhe znaesh'.

Ne ostavili v knige zakladki, chtob vernut'sja nazad i vsjo vspomnit'.
    Juzhnyj bereg. Pritornyj sladkij zapah veter po morju razgonit.
    Nad solomennoj kryshej bungalo odinokim skuchajushhim pljazhem
    Nashe leto s toboj ubezhalo, ne skazav ne proshhanie dazhe
    Zaderzhis' hotja by na den', podari mne luchik schast'ja.
    Posidi so mnoju rjadom, ne deli ljubov' na chasti.
    Ja chital v glazah tvoih pravdu. Ja tebja zhdal vsju zhizn', ty zhe znaesh'.

O_O OMG! Thank you, thank you, thank you! XD
    WOW! So quick! XDD
    Thanks~ XD

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    Hmm. Looks like an Ukrainian group singing in Russian, as this one sung in Ukrainian language would be a tad different...
    O^O I originally thought it was Russian. But I don't know what Ukrainian sounds like so I guess I figured it would be Ukrainian.

What is the difference between Russian and Ukrainian? I always presumed they were the same, since there was the whole Russian rule over Ukraine and all. Is the difference marginal or pretty big?

5. pianoman74 said:

A decent lot of words are different.

You can also see it in Cyrillic: the "i" does not exist in Russian Cyrillic (instead it looks like a N in the mirror), but in Ukrainian there is an "i" (that looks a bit like the dotted capital I in Turkish!)
    That is one of the major characteristics by means of which you can distinguish them "from the outside."

Lastly: At first I was simply assuming it was Russian, because the sound of the language was quite familiar.
    Then I checked for some video comments and, tadaa, at the end of the day my assumption got confirmed

6. Longbottomlola said:

Russian and Ukrainian are very different sounding when it comes to pronunciation too..
    If you listen to this song( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hM3Xt2nfI )
    and another Russian song you will notice that a lot of the stresses on vowels and such differ a lot.

Also as pianoman74 stated before that the Russian alphabet doesn't have the Ukrainian "Ї" while the Ukrainian alphabet doesn't have the Russian "ы"

7. Eudaimon said:

Quote Originally Posted by Daki Kibe View Post
    What is the difference between Russian and Ukrainian?
    How is anybody supposed to answer this question if you don't know either language?
    Well, for example the refrain of this song would sound in Ukrainian like this (approximately; I can make some mistakes):

Otak prypala karta, otak dolja rozstavyla fishki
    De zh ty, moja malju? Na jakij storinci knyzhci ob ljubovi?
    Otak prypala karta, otak dolja rozstavyla roli
    Pid jakim teper parolem zahodyty meni na storinky ob ljubovi?

Daki Kibe said:

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman74 View Post
    A decent lot of words are different.

You can also see it in Cyrillic: the "i" does not exist in Russian Cyrillic (instead it looks like a N in the mirror), but in Ukrainian there is an "i" (that looks a bit like the dotted capital I in Turkish!)
    That is one of the major characteristics by means of which you can distinguish them "from the outside."

Lastly: At first I was simply assuming it was Russian, because the sound of the language was quite familiar.
    Then I checked for some video comments and, tadaa, at the end of the day my assumption got confirmed
    Ooooh. U_U So is the 'i' in Ukranian prounced the same as the backwards 'N' in Russian?

Quote Originally Posted by Longbottomlola View Post
    Russian and Ukrainian are very different sounding when it comes to pronunciation too..
    If you listen to this song( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hM3Xt2nfI )
    and another Russian song you will notice that a lot of the stresses on vowels and such differ a lot.

Also as pianoman74 stated before that the Russian alphabet doesn't have the Ukrainian "Ї" while the Ukrainian alphabet doesn't have the Russian "ы"
    Wow, I didn't know about the pronuciation difference, I figured it would just be limited to the script. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to pronunciation in languages [I'm not familiar with]. I have a Polish friend and when she speaks in Polish it sounds Russian to me XD

But thank you for the video link: I not only learned something new, I also loved the song! XDD

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimon View Post
    How is anybody supposed to answer this question if you don't know either language?
    Well, for example the refrain of this song would sound in Ukrainian like this (approximately; I can make some mistakes):

Otak prypala karta, otak dolja rozstavyla fishki
    De zh ty, moja malju? Na jakij storinci knyzhci ob ljubovi?
    Otak prypala karta, otak dolja rozstavyla roli
    Pid jakim teper parolem zahodyty meni na storinky ob ljubovi?
    I was actually hoping for an answer to the next question (Is the difference marginal or pretty big?) xD
    But no, you've actually helped me clear the doubt by giving the Ukranian version of the lyrics. Since now I know that quite a lot of the words aren't similar. So, thank you!

9. pianoman74 said:

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimon View Post
    Well, being able to read both may already be sufficient in this case, because as I said before, the Cyrillic letter sets are different, so you don't even have to understand the words to tell the difference (if luck is on one's side)

But even though I only understand a few words in Russian, I know well the SOUND of Russian. And hence I know when it sounds like it came from the huge Russian territory, but is NOT Russian, that chances are it could be e. g. Ukrainian or Belarusian.
    However with words like storinky it might happen that I do something completely silly by mistaking it for Czech or Slovak. (since there are many word forms, ending on -inky or -ınky)
    Last edited by pianoman74; 12-03-2010 at 11:57 AM.

10. Eudaimon said:

It's more of a question "How to tell one from another", but "What is the difference" is a bit different question... Well, I could answer, like, absence of vowel reduction in Ukrainian, developing of Proto-Slavonic *ije into i instead of Russian e, presence of Vocative case in Ukrainian, etc. There are differences in many aspects - phonetics, vocabulary, morphology, but I thought that a plain example would be more visual