o tonos / accentuation

Thread: o tonos / accentuation

Tags: None
  1. mervoula said:

Default o tonos / accentuation

hey, i wanna ask a question about accentuation in Greek letters. I can't understand this subject, and I cant put the accent sign to the true letter. how can I use the signs, and is it a problem if I dont use the signs?

BleakHeart said:

What exactly is your problem? Do you have trouble assigning the right key for the punctuation or you just can't tell which letter should be punctuated?
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

3. mervoula said:

well, I cant put the sign to the true letter. example: κορίτσι. is it a problem if I write κοριτσι?

BleakHeart said:

For a Greek person, no it's not a problem. We will instantly tell where the tone (stress) should go. In fact, many Greeks avoid using punctuation, especially on the internet, in order to save typing time...
    "I have fear for nothing and I have hope for nothing, I am, therefore, free."

Nikos Kazantzakis

5. mervoula said:

thank you very much for your reply.

Seireina said:

Quote Originally Posted by BleakHeart View Post
    For a Greek person, no it's not a problem. We will instantly tell where the tone (stress) should go. In fact, many Greeks avoid using punctuation, especially on the internet, in order to save typing time...
    ...or their keyboard is broken and they can't. Just a possibility.