Need help identifying a song (that kinda isnt a song?)

Thread: Need help identifying a song (that kinda isnt a song?)

Tags: None
  1. katrina90 said:

Default Need help identifying a song (that kinda isnt a song?)

So I was in American Eagle the other day and this almost, monologue-esque speech comes on. It has a female and a male, I believe it starts off with the female. I typed some of the monologue down in my phone, it goes like this:

(something about "I used to hate the winter, it always reminded me of home" or something like that)
    "I really thought something was gonna happen this time."
    "This could be my chance to make it happen, it was right there in front of you the whole time."

It had no music behind it. It was just a very pretty monologue and I'm wondering what it is, or if it's just an American Eagle commercial or what! Please help!

Hco471Model said:

It's the AE Holiday Video. It plays twice- once before Robyn's "Hang With Me" and again before Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream."

There actually is music (just a soft piano melody) behind it that you must not have heard if there was some noise in the store. It's not an official song, but the background music is "To Build A Home" by the Cinematic Orchestra. Here is the full official version with no voiceover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY7BHHImCG4

I'm sorry to tell you that it's nothing more than a cheap commercial. =(
  3. katrina90 said:

I was in the NYC American Eagle on Broadway, so it makes sense that I couldnt hear the background music. I guess theres no place with the voice over as well? I could only catch snippets of the monologue and I thought it was beautiful, I'd love to read it (or hear it) in full.

Thank you so much for your help, now I at least know what to narrow my search phrases into!

Hco471Model said:

Quote Originally Posted by katrina90 View Post
    I was in the NYC American Eagle on Broadway, so it makes sense that I couldnt hear the background music. I guess theres no place with the voice over as well? I could only catch snippets of the monologue and I thought it was beautiful, I'd love to read it (or hear it) in full.

Thank you so much for your help, now I at least know what to narrow my search phrases into!
    Hah, Times Square. Yeah, you can't hear anything in there. More lines are
    "It feels so good to be out of the city."
    and
    "It's like we're the only ones here and no one else exists."

I doubt you'll actually find the monologue posted anywhere. I'll try and get the whole thing for you soon.