Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 162
  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Somebody translate this phrase ملكت الحب تملكني وهام

  2. #82
    ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 953 Times in 776 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyshia View Post
    Somebody translate this phrase ملكت الحب تملكني وهام
    wow it means something like ,however i might be mistakes

    You owned the love- illusions owned me

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Who knows emarati dialect pls help وش هاالعصاجيل مب زين العذاب قبل الرجاد

  4. #84
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyshia View Post
    Who knows emarati dialect pls help وش هاالعصاجيل مب زين العذاب قبل الرجاد
    I dont get the word "3sajeel" but the rest means "its not good to torture (someone) before sleeping

  5. #85
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    i would say it means i [will] come back to her or i [will] stay away
    This actually means "should i go back to her? Or should i stay away"

    اضل means stay

  6. #86
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Hi what means مالت عليك i think its khaliji word

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Keyshia For This Useful Post:
    yeeunfulla (06-19-2012)

  8. #87
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    malet 3alek - may it (wall) lean on you

    i.e you said something really stupid and you deserve to have the wall break over your head

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VivaPalestina For This Useful Post:
    Keyshia (05-29-2012),yeeunfulla (06-19-2012)

  10. #88
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Can someone translate these words for me (with or without the example sentences, either is fine!)?

    Shower (noun). Ex: Go clean the shower.
    Shower (verb). Ex: I need to shower before I go to dinner.
    Sink (noun). Ex: Rinse out the sink when you're done cleaning the plates.
    Rinse. Ex: Rinse the glass before you put it in the sink.
    Work (noun). Ex: I have work at 7am tomorrow.
    Turn on (action). Ex: Turn on the TV.
    Climb (verb). Ex: Don't climb on the table.
    Tomato
    Tomatoes
    Potato
    Potatoes

    Soccer/futbol related:
    Who scored (that goal)?
    What's the score?
    Who is on my team?
    Nice play.
    Mark (stay close) to that player.

    Also, a few phrases?

    I don't believe you/that.
    I'm thirsty.
    My knee hurts.
    The sun is shining/out.
    Nice/pleased to meet you.
    How is your family?

  11. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Thanks
    48
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    what is the meaning of the word توك tawk as in here توك تذكرت
    thank you in advance

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Keyshia For This Useful Post:
    yeeunfulla (06-19-2012)

  13. #90
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Keyshia View Post
    what is the meaning of the word توك tawk as in here توك تذكرت
    thank you in advance
    توك = already / meantime / just now

    توك تذكرت =

    1- you just remembered

    also means

    2- you already remembered

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Maviii For This Useful Post:
    yeeunfulla (06-19-2012)

  15. #91
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Translate one word in the lyrics " بحبك وحشتني"

    كلمات بحبك وحشتيني
    و بحبك وحشتيني بحبك و انتي نور عيني

    ده و انتي مطلعه عيني بحبك موت

    لفيت قد ايه لفيت ما لقيت غير في حضنك بيت

    و باقولك انا حنيت بعلو الصوت

    و كان الوقت في بعدك واقف ما بيمشيش

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش


    في دم حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش

    بعدت و كنت هاعمل ايه

    مين اختار غربته بايديه

    لكن حبك ده ما نستهوش و عايش فيه

    ليه اتاسف عالغيبه ما غبتيش لحظه و قريبه

    ما حدش عنده كده طيبه و حنيه

    و كان الوقت في بعدك واقف ما بيمشيش

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش

    في دمي حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش

    و بحبك وحشتيني بحبك و انتي نور عيني

    ده و انتي مطلعه عيني بحبك موتv

    This is Hussein Al Jasmi 's song .. but in the song I can not understand the word تدعيش
    any body can translate the word ?

  16. #92
    ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 953 Times in 776 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yeeunfulla View Post
    كلمات بحبك وحشتيني
    و بحبك وحشتيني بحبك و انتي نور عيني

    ده و انتي مطلعه عيني بحبك موت

    لفيت قد ايه لفيت ما لقيت غير في حضنك بيت

    و باقولك انا حنيت بعلو الصوت

    و كان الوقت في بعدك واقف ما بيمشيش

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش


    في دم حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش

    بعدت و كنت هاعمل ايه

    مين اختار غربته بايديه

    لكن حبك ده ما نستهوش و عايش فيه

    ليه اتاسف عالغيبه ما غبتيش لحظه و قريبه

    ما حدش عنده كده طيبه و حنيه

    و كان الوقت في بعدك واقف ما بيمشيش

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش

    في دمي حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش

    و بحبك وحشتيني بحبك و انتي نور عيني

    ده و انتي مطلعه عيني بحبك موتv

    This is Hussein Al Jasmi 's song .. but in the song I can not understand the word تدعيش
    any body can translate the word ?

    First of all this song is not in Khaleje Dialect

    The word u are asking for in following sentence

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش

    I underlined it cos it goes with ما(ma)

    This is negation in Egyptian dialect

    so the verb بعد means to be or become distantor to stay away
    So here i guess it can mean "you weren't far away "you didn't stay away.....

  17. #93
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    First of all this song is not in Khaleje Dialect

    The word u are asking for in following sentence

    و كانك كنتي معايا بعدت و ما بعدتيش

    I underlined it cos it goes with ما(ma)

    This is negation in Egyptian dialect

    so the verb بعد means to be or become distantor to stay away
    So here i guess it can mean "you weren't far away "you didn't stay away.....
    with your kind reply, I would like to add one more question, what is the meaning of تدعيش
    شكرا مقدما

  18. #94
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yeeunfulla View Post
    with your kind reply, I would like to add one more question, what is the meaning of تدعيش
    شكرا مقدما

    تدعيش = dont [ pray - ask - swear on something ]

  19. #95
    ARABSKI MODERATOR
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Thanks
    366
    Thanked 953 Times in 776 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    تدعيش = dont [ pray - ask - swear on something ]
    @yeeunfulla

    Sorry I mis-watched it

    @Mavii thanx for keeping eye on that

  20. #96
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quote Originally Posted by CZAREK2581 View Post
    @yeeunfulla

    Sorry I mis-watched it

    @Mavii thanx for keeping eye on that
    after your kind translation, i got more confused.
    Can you translate the whole sentence .. pleasssseee
    في دم حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش


    Thanks

  21. #97
    ✈ ATL's Mig ✈ Maviii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks
    325
    Thanked 1,117 Times in 706 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by yeeunfulla View Post
    after your kind translation, i got more confused.
    Can you translate the whole sentence .. pleasssseee
    في دم حبيبتي و امي و زي ما اكون ما تدعيش


    Thanks
    you are confused because its not correct lyrics

    the correct line is :
    فى دمى حبيبتى وامى وزى مكون ببتدى اعيش = in my blood you are and like mom and as if i just started to live

    So its [ ببتدى اعيش ]= i start to live
    and not
    [ ما تدعيش ] = dont swear or dont pray

  22. #98
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Maviii View Post
    you are confused because its not correct lyrics

    the correct line is :
    فى دمى حبيبتى وامى وزى مكون ببتدى اعيش = in my blood you are and like mom and as if i just started to live

    So its [ ببتدى اعيش ]= i start to live
    and not
    [ ما تدعيش ] = dont swear or dont pray
    oh, but all the lyrics saying ما تدعيش
    i didnt know that !
    Thank you very much, Now i am very clear !

  23. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    فقدتك يا أعز الناس ........ فقدت الحب و الطيبة
    وانا من لي في هالدنيا ....... سواك ان طالت الغيبة
    رحلت ومن بقى وياي
    يحس بضحكتي وبكاي
    وحتى الجرح في بعدك
    يغزيني واهلي به
    و انا من لى فى هالدنيا .......... سواك ان طالت الغيبة
    تصدق قد من حنيت
    اشوفك في زوايا البيت
    واسولف معك عن حزني
    واحس ان انت تدري به
    و انا من لى فى هالدنيا ......... سواك ان طالت الغيبة
    شسوي بالالم والآه
    ولكن البقا لله
    يصبرني على بعادك
    ودا حظي وراضي به
    و انا من لى فى هالدنبا ..... سواك ان طالت الغيبة

    can anyone translate the setence in the song يغزيني واهلي به

  24. #100
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    this video may can help you a little to learn khaliji
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGYuFne9Zbs&feature=plcp

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Learning Egyptian dialect
    By ana1228 in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 6642
    Last Post: 07-12-2017, 01:36 PM
  2. Learning Maghreb dialect
    By larosa in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 523
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 07:54 AM
  3. Learning Iraqi dialect
    By sohuda in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 02-22-2016, 04:16 AM
  4. Learning Khaliji dialect?
    By laylawayaam in forum Learning Arabic language & Misc. translations
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 11:10 AM

Posting Permissions