Homayoun Shajarian - Chine Zolf

Thread: Homayoun Shajarian - Chine Zolf

Tags: None
  1. shahzadeh said:

Default Homayoun Shajarian - Chine Zolf

One of my favorite songs is chin-e-zolf by homayoun shajarian. I would like to have the pinglish version and the english translation if possible. I put the u tube version up to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq4gHrS9dVw
    Last edited by afsaneh; 09-02-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Artist – Song name or names

2. elinor said:

1- Ey saba gar begzari ba zolf-e moshk afshan-e ou, hamcho man sho gard-e yek yek halgheh sargardan-e ou

Oh you the morning breeze-Saba- if you every make your way across her sweet-smelling long hair which is spread around her shoulders,
    Do it my way, get mesmerized and wander around each and every lock of hair,

2- Mennat-e sad jab biyar o bar sar-e man neh be holkm, vaz sar-e zolfash neshanai aar ma r azan-e ou

Make me beg 100 souls, make me serve them through your decress, so that you would bring me a sign, and address that would lead me to her, that would remind me of what she is,

3- Gah, az ghowgan-e zolfash halghe-ye meshkin robay, gaah khod ra gooy garden dar kham-e chowgan-e ou

Sometimes in the polo-game that her locks of hair are playing like a club[ polo stick], you move a curl of her lng hair, and sometimes loose yourself in the clubs of her locks as if you are yourself a polo ball [ A game that was poular in ancient Persia]

4- khosh khosh andar peech-e zolfash peech ta moshkin koni, shargh ta gharb-e jahan az zolf-e moshk afshan-e ou

[ Oh you the morning breeze], twist yourself cheerfully in curls of her sweet-scented long long hair, so that you fill the East and the West of the world with the enchanting scent of her locks,

Ok Shahzadeh, these 4 verseres are translated and transliterated for now, a breath catching experience, it is not easy to communicate the delicacies of the Persian literature, especially the poems, not even in modern Persian, but it is a challeinging and refreshing expereince. I will try go go with the rest of the verses as you requested, only a " Shahzadeh" could be that demanding, enjoy your poem

3. elinor said:

ای صبا گر بگذری بر زلف مشک افشان او همچو من شو گرد یک یک حلقه سرگردان او
    منت صد جان بیار و بر سر ما نه به حکم وز سر زلفش نشانی آر ما را زان او
    گاه از چوگان زلفش حلقه*ی مشکین ربای گاه خود را گوی گردان در خم چوگان او
    خوش خوش اندر پیچ زلفش پیچ تا مشکین کنی شرق تا غرب جهان از زلف مشک افشان او
    نی خطا گفتم ادب نیست آنچه گفتم جهد کن تا پریشانی نیاید زلف عنبرسان او
    گر مرا دل زنده خواهی کرد جامی جانفزای نوش کن بر یاد من از چشمه*ی حیوان او
    گر تو جان داری چه کن بر کن به دندان پشت دست چون ببینی جانفزایی لب و دندان او
    گو فلانی از میان جانت می*گوید سلام گو به جان تو فرو شد روز اول جان او
    جان او در جان تو گم گشت و دل از دست رفت درد او از حد بشد گر می*کنی درمان او
    چون رسی آنجا اجازت خواه اول بعد از آن عرضه کن این قصه*ی پر درد در دیوان او
    چشم آنجا بر مگیر از پشت پای و گوش*دار ورنه حالی بر زمین دوزد تو را مژگان او
    هرچه گوید یادگیر و یک به یک بر دل نویس تا چنان کو گفت برسانی به من فرمان او
    چند گریی ای فرید از عشق رویش همچو شمع صبح را مژده رسان از پسته*ی خندان او

4. elinor said:

5- Ney khata goftam adab neest anche goftam jahd kon, Ta parishani nayayad zolfe anbar saaye ou

No, I said it wrongly, what I said did not bear az much curtsy, so you the morning breeze, try hard not to uncomb her fragrant ringlets,

6- Gar mara del zendeh khahi kard jaami janfazaay, nosh kon bar yaad-e man az chesmeye heyvan-e ou

So if you wish to give life to my heart, instead of drink a glass of liveliness from the springing spring of ' life' which she possesses,
    [In old Persian poetry, one might come across the world " spring of life" often, it was said that Alexander the Great was just looking for that spring to drink from that and live eternally, they say he conquered the four corners of the world only to reach that spring, so sometimes in the love poems the lips of the beloved is compared to that spring of life, and drinking from that would be a kiss, that would have the same effect of living eternally and longevity.]

7- Gar to jan daari che kon, bar kan be dandan poshte dast, chon bebini janfeza-yee-e lab o dandan-e ou

If you are alive [ and have the same features and passions of a living human being o you morning breeze] bite the back of your hand [ as a sign of amazement] when you see the life-sustaining quality of those lips and the set of pearls of her teeth,

8- Goo felani az miyane jant migooyad sokhan, goo be jaan-e to foroo shod rooz-e avval jaan-e ou

Tell her that the same fellow [the poet] is greeting you from within your own being, tell her that from the first day of encounter, his being sank into yours,

9- Jaan-e ou dar jaan-e to gom gasht o del az dast raft, dard-e ou az had beshod gar mikoni darman-e ou

[ continue telling her that] his essence dissolved in yours or his heart has become lost, his pain has exceeded the limits, if you would please cure him,

I will go for the last three verses next time