female singer modern folk-ish song

Thread: female singer modern folk-ish song

Tags: female, winter
  1. graphak said:

Default female singer modern folk-ish song

Any help ID'ing this song would be much appreciated.

Heard on 90.9 FM in Alamosa, CO, which i think is the Adams State College radio, between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, Wed. Dec. 22, 2010.

It was a female singer, with a modern mesmerizing almost dark sounding folk flavored style of music, and vocals similar to Buffy Sainte-Marie. Definitely not a normal pop sound.

Some possible keyword combinations in the lyrics are:

waiting for winter to come
    when is winter coming

I think the radio played two tracks of her, or perhaps it was in the same track, but some other lyrics are:

"I just want to be alone"

I've googled for a long time on this one to no avail. TIA for any help or leads.

Happy Holidays Everybody

atmaestro said:

Try the following songs:

"Patches Of Happiness" by Julia Fordham

"LOVE IS STRONGER THAN PRIDE" by Sade
    Them that can, do; them that can't... memorize Artist and Title

3. Claybricks said:

Quote Originally Posted by graphak View Post
    Any help ID'ing this song would be much appreciated.

Heard on 90.9 FM in Alamosa, CO, which i think is the Adams State College radio, between 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm, Wed. Dec. 22, 2010.

It was a female singer, with a modern mesmerizing almost dark sounding folk flavored style of music, and vocals similar to Buffy Sainte-Marie. Definitely not a normal pop sound.

Some possible keyword combinations in the lyrics are:

waiting for winter to come
    when is winter coming

I think the radio played two tracks of her, or perhaps it was in the same track, but some other lyrics are:

"I just want to be alone"

I've googled for a long time on this one to no avail. TIA for any help or leads.

Happy Holidays Everybody

You can call the radio station and tell them the day and time you heard the song. The DJ can review the playlist and tell you the title of the song. Songs must be logged when played so royalties can be paid to the artist.

Dan