Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 445
  1. #121
    Senior Member Paul Orhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Milena View Post
    Awesome song and video and it's even not Turkish. :P <3 Ulytau - Zhumyr Kylysh (Keskin Kılıç)
    So true! Enjoyed it a lot!
    BTW, very expressive acting, don't you think?

  2. #122
    Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 751 Times in 532 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    This post goes to my dearest Simona: the dearest founder of this topic; the most beautiful soul who knows no boundaries; the forgiving one; the kindest one.
    I think those who know me best would differ in their words, but I thank you. You always make us want to have more beautiful souls.
    I was sooo happy that you loved Precious and I agreed with your words about Depeche Mode 110%. They are one of my favourite bands for most of my life.


    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    I think everyone here knows that how I am desperately in love with benim Nilüferim. Her latest album can't be described by just simple words, you should feel it with you bones and flesh.
    Thank you for this dedication! You gave me the sweet smiling face of Nilüferin again. (You know I really like that picture of her). Both versions of this song have grown on me. Do you have a particular favourite from her new album? Maybe you can't pick just one, when you are so in love!


    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    I know my dearest would not mind if I dedicate this song to our Goddess too.

    Dearest Milena it's for you too.
    You know me well in this case, Bijan. I hope she enjoys it too.

  3. #123
    Senior Member Paul Orhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts

    Cleverissimo,

    Once a teacher, always a teacher. What a nice lesson you gave us!

    I have to confess that Badem's performance with Nilu is my favourite after the bombastic duet with Sebnemim. The rest is still growing...

    What I missed in the duet version, however, is the lovely classic guitar part - so wonderfully arranged and played. I wonder if your owly friend amaryn has already heard that

    Both versions are very interesting but I guess I'd opt for her performance with Badem.

    And your dedication to Simona melted my heart.

  4. #124
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 524 Times in 305 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    I think those who know me best would differ in their words, but I thank you. You always make us want to have more beautiful souls.
    Surely you are, dearest. Me and moj Pawlie have no doubt it.

    Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Thank you for this dedication! You gave me the sweet smiling face of Nilüferin again. (You know I really like that picture of her). Both versions of this song have grown on me. Do you have a particular favourite from her new album? Maybe you can't pick just one, when you are so in love!
    You know my dearest, when I care about somebody, his/her words will be in my mind for ever. Especially those beautiful souls just like you.

    You're absolutely right, I can't choose one, so let me take it all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I know you love those realistic dark lyrics, so I want to share some lines from a dark Persian poem with you. Last night, I read it for moj Pawlie and he liked it. I wish you would like it too, and give me the courage to fully translate the poem.

    Foroogh Farrokhzad (late female poet)
    اندوه تنهایی
    The Sorrow of Loneliness

    پشت شیشه برف می بارد
    Poshteh shisheh barf mibârad
    Behind the window, it is snowing
    پشت شیشه برف می بارد
    Poshteh shisheh barf mibârad
    Behind the window, it is snowing
    در سکوت سینه ام دستی
    Dar sokooteh sineh am dasti
    In the silence of my heart, some hands (or someone)
    دانه ی اندوه می کارد
    Dâneyeh andooh mikârad
    Sow the seeds of sorrow

    موسپید آخر شدی ای برف
    Moosepid âkhar shodi ey barf
    O you Snow, your hair has turned gray (white)
    تا سرانجامم چنین دیدی
    Tâ saranjâmam chenin didi
    When you saw the final chapter of my life story*
    در دلم باریدی, ای افسوس
    Dar delam bâridi ey afsoos
    You have snowed in my heart, Ah alas
    بر سر گورم نباریدی
    Bar sareh gooram nabâridi
    You have not snowed on my grave**
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

    * In Persian culture, it is believed that when somebody suffers a shock, his/her hair will turn gray immediately. In this poem however this grayness of the hair has been compared to the whiteness of the snow.

    ** The snow has caused her heart to feel sorrow in a way that she has died because of it. But when she died, the snow became unfaithful to her and didn't come to her grave for reminiscence.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

  5. #125
    Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 751 Times in 532 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    You're absolutely right, I can't choose one, so let me take it all.
    Agreed, as long as you'll share a few. Some of that album still really needs to grow on me.

    I loved this poem...please continue translating it. And please show it to me if you do.

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    تا سرانجامم چنین دیدی
    Tâ saranjâmam chenin didi
    When you saw the final chapter of my life story*
    در دلم باریدی, ای افسوس
    Dar delam bâridi ey afsoos
    You have snowed in my heart, Ah alas
    بر سر گورم نباریدی
    Bar sareh gooram nabâridi
    You have not snowed on my grave**
    Beautiful, Bijan.

  6. #126
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    Nilüfer - İntizar
    Intizaaaar <3<3

    Bijan thank you for the beautiful poem even if it wasnt aimed at me, but going along with your theory that because you and paul are brothers and therefore what is your is his, therefore I'm going to pretend that the same rule applies to your younger sister

    My younger sister has made my hair turn grey

  7. #127
    Senior Member Paul Orhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vivapalestina View Post
    intizaaaar <3<3

    bijan thank you for the beautiful poem even if it wasnt aimed at me, but going along with your theory that because you and paul are brothers and therefore what is your is his, therefore i'm going to pretend that the same rule applies to your younger sister :d:d

    my younger sister has made my hair turn grey
    Nooooor, I adore you! Lmao!
    Last edited by Paul Orhan; 02-13-2011 at 05:50 PM.

  8. #128
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 524 Times in 305 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by partizanka View Post
    Agreed, as long as you'll share a few. Some of that album still really needs to grow on me.

    I loved this poem...please continue translating it. And please show it to me if you do.

    Beautiful, Bijan.
    Elbette canım,
    with those beautiful words of yours, I can translate it in no time. I believe the remaining part will satisfy you even more. For example, in a stanza, she'd prefer to burn in the heat of the hell rather than remain in the coldness of her loneliness.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

  9. #129
    Tyrannosaurus Regina partizanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    490
    Thanked 751 Times in 532 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    Elbette canım,
    with those beautiful words of yours, I can translate it in no time. I believe the reaming part will satisfy you even more. For example, in a stanza, she'd prefer to burn in the heat of the hell rather than remain in the coldness of her loneliness.
    I will be looking forward to it. Thank you already and thank you in advance.

  10. #130
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 524 Times in 305 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Intizaaaar <3<3

    Bijan thank you for the beautiful poem even if it wasnt aimed at me, but going along with your theory that because you and paul are brothers and therefore what is your is his, therefore I'm going to pretend that the same rule applies to your younger sister

    My younger sister has made my hair turn grey
    My dearest of the dearests little sisters in the world, haven't I mentioned this fact for so many times canım?

    You're my sister and you can take everything you want without any permission. I've even translated some of your messages in Persian and I've read them for my mother. These days, she always say that I have a Palestinian daughter in the UK. She always prays for you dearest.
    ***The translations have been done by Bijan Kardouni AKA veryclever1980***

  11. #131
    Senior Member Paul Orhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks
    713
    Thanked 238 Times in 202 Posts

    To SilverMoon Esq. with love and halal cheek-kisses for always translating the songs I would like him to translate even if I recommend, send or dedicate him the songs he would rather like to avoid.

    Maybe this time?


  12. #132
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    Nooooor, I adore you! Lmao!
    Awww sagol canim benim...ama neden 'edit'? What did you say first time?

    Quote Originally Posted by veryclever1980 View Post
    My dearest of the dearests little sisters in the world, haven't I mentioned this fact for so many times canım?

    You're my sister and you can take everything you want without any permission. I've even translated some of your messages in Persian and I've read them for my mother. These days, she always say that I have a Palestinian daughter in the UK. She always prays for you dearest.
    You've made me speechless ya 3asal with your kind words, I really dont know what good deed I did for God to land me with such a sweet older brother (who doesnt mind me being a drama queen *ahem paul* and spoils me 3a 6ool)

    Give your dear mother a kiss from me and tell her that her prayers are always welcomed with warm affection

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    To SilverMoon Esq. with love and halal cheek-kisses for always translating the songs I would like him to translate even if I recommend, send or dedicate him the songs he would rather like to avoid.
    lmao pawliiee you had to include the halal cheek kisses, whatever you can send him as many as you want, I'll stick to my halal digital affection

    p.s if there is anything ayim wont translate for you send it my way

  13. #133
    Senior Member SiLvEr_MooN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 743 Times in 413 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Orhan View Post
    To SilverMoon Esq. with love and halal cheek-kisses for always translating the songs I would like him to translate even if I recommend, send or dedicate him the songs he would rather like to avoid.

    Maybe this time?

    Definately!!! How did you know that I liked this one in so many songs? Listened to it only a few times and looking forward to indulging myself in it (and adding it to my "the-songs-that-I-liked-once list )
    LMAOOOOOO PO, halal cheek-kisses Viva, you see, this thread is the halal-est thread ever

    PS: Gökhan seems to have made a right choice for a vid And how come I knew that this song belongs to Nazan Öncel
    Last edited by SiLvEr_MooN; 02-13-2011 at 06:44 PM.

  14. #134
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    LMAOOOOOO PO, halal cheek-kisses Viva, you see, this thread is the halal-est thread ever
    All thanks to you I have no doubt your efforts at keeping this a haram free thread are applauded guys, you may proceed please make sure all displays of affection are done publically to prevent any possible misconceptions about halal and not

    lmao okay guys you win, here's my halal contribution, strictly platonic and halal you hear me??

    Ayim -> <3
    Sema -> <3
    Esoooon-> <3
    Paul -> <3
    Bijan -> <3
    Simushka -> <3
    Hadhood -> <3
    Zahra -> <3
    Star man -> <3
    6abtoob -> <3

    okay thats it, I think I've finished the amount of love I can possibly give in one day

  15. #135
    Senior Member SiLvEr_MooN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 743 Times in 413 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    p.s if there is anything ayim wont translate for you send it my way
    We are talking about Moon, not anyone else

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    All thanks to you I have no doubt your efforts at keeping this a haram free thread are applauded guys, you may proceed please make sure all displays of affection are done publically to prevent any possible misconceptions about halal and not

    lmao okay guys you win, here's my halal contribution, strictly platonic and halal you hear me??

    Ayim -> <3
    Sema -> <3
    Esoooon-> <3
    Paul -> <3
    Bijan -> <3
    Simushka -> <3
    Hadhood -> <3
    Zahra -> <3
    Star man -> <3
    6abtoob -> <3

    okay thats it, I think I've finished the amount of love I can possibly give in one day
    Azizam, we love you too!!! Get better soon!

    PS Thank you for putting me to the top

  16. #136
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    We are talking about Moon, not anyone else
    Is your moon different to my ay?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon degil, ay

    Azizam, we love you too!!! Get better soon!
    Thank you I hope things will get better too

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr :cool:
    PS Thank you for putting me to the top
    Hehe you're welcome

  17. #137
    Sade
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    All thanks to you I have no doubt your efforts at keeping this a haram free thread are applauded guys, you may proceed please make sure all displays of affection are done publically to prevent any possible misconceptions about halal and not

    lmao okay guys you win, here's my halal contribution, strictly platonic and halal you hear me??

    Ayim -> <3
    Sema -> <3
    Esoooon-> <3
    Paul -> <3
    Bijan -> <3
    Simushka -> <3
    Hadhood -> <3
    Zahra -> <3
    Star man -> <3
    6abtoob -> <3

    okay thats it, I think I've finished the amount of love I can possibly give in one day
    Thank you Viva. <3 This song is for you, my fellow member of the two-man Teoman-fanclub:




    edit: Sorry the video is not very halal.

  18. #138
    Senior Member SiLvEr_MooN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 743 Times in 413 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    Is your moon different to my ay?
    No, the same but seems you don't know him well yet

  19. #139
    Moderator VivaPalestina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Thanks
    799
    Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,680 Posts

    Thank you sema dearest 7ayatiim! We will rock our two member club, zaten we're enough to make any club mega cool

    lol at the halal video...I wont look too closely

    Quote Originally Posted by SiLvEr_MooN View Post
    No, the same but seems you don't know him well yet
    I think I know him more than you give me credit for How could you say that?

  20. #140
    Senior Member SiLvEr_MooN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Thanks
    58
    Thanked 743 Times in 413 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalestina View Post
    lol at the halal video...I wont look too closely

    I think I know him more than you give me credit for How could you say that?
    I would warn you about the vid but I'm too late
    No sad faces lütfen! As you know, I can't leave anything untranslated that Paul requested, so he can't send you anything to translate and you should have known it if you know Ay

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My Dedication
    By ThroughCloudsIntoArms in forum Lyrics Review
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 02:40 AM
  2. no dedication.
    By krh.(: in forum Poetry
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 03:31 PM
  3. Dedication
    By xclusivebmw in forum Rap Lyrics Review
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-15-2010, 06:58 PM

Posting Permissions